Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

mango sentinel posted:

They also ban lgbtq content.

i browse tik tok sometimes and im fairly certain half the userbase is gay so im not sure about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

How long until the Brazzers version of this Elizabeth Warren script comes out?

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Delthalaz posted:

What the hell is “The Villages”?

Listen all about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Wz1KhdSRw

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

How long until the Chuck Tingle novel comes out?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/LAmag/status/1179818404389232650

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Doctor Butts posted:

Pounded in the butt by the sentient manifestation of a hamfisted political smear job?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

Pounded in the Butt by My Own Incompetent Grifting Schemes

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
https://twitter.com/pappiness/status/1179840735954255872?s=21

:drat:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So I guess the new strategy for Trump and the GOP is to go whole hog on "yeah I did it, but it's okay because Biden is a crook and it was the only way to stop him"?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

So I guess the new strategy for Trump and the GOP is to go whole hog on "yeah I did it, but it's okay because Biden is a crook and it was the only way to stop him"?

its impossible to pretend he didn't do it at this point (not that people weren't still giving it a try) and trump is too undisciplined to be able to hide it, so being open about it and hoping that people assume something you're doing openly can't possibly be as much of a crime as it sounds is sort of the best of a bad situation

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Doctor Butts posted:

Pounded in the Butt by the Male Model Jacob Wall Hired to Claim Elizabeth Warden Pounded in the Butt with a Chain

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh no, Travis McElroy aged poorly

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

evilweasel posted:

its impossible to pretend he didn't do it at this point (not that people weren't still giving it a try) and trump is too undisciplined to be able to hide it, so being open about it and hoping that people assume something you're doing openly can't possibly be as much of a crime as it sounds is sort of the best of a bad situation

We're also being desensitized to it. Reminder that no matter how bad it gets, the chances of his actual removal from office are very slim, and the election is over a year away. He's going to give us so much outrage fatigue that no one will even be capable of it next November

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I regret to inform the thread that Liz Warren is, in fact, a cougar

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1179851099978846209

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

the media has been jerking off that video, and the judge giving her a bible, and now his loving DAD saying he'd 'like to be Guyger's friend some day' so hard I literally believe they were paid off by the cops, it's so perfectly made to protect the woman who shot a man sitting in his own goddamn house eating ice cream who then lied about doing CPR to him and instead just watched him die despite having cop poo poo on her that could have helped him.

I'm so loving disgusted by this poo poo.

Yeah that was my first thought too that it seemed like the cops had had some kind of interaction with the family

but cops would never do that

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

There Bias Two posted:

Plz do not steal my CSPAM jokes I will hire Jacob Wohl to investigate u

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Glumslinger posted:

she posted that TODAY??

:laffo:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Hahahaha that rules.

Is america ready for their first Cougar president

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
So according to Volker, the info about Biden given to Trump by Ukraine wasn’t reliable anyway. Not that reliable information was the point, but very much backs up the idea the goal was dirt on Biden manufactured or not

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

even the right wing media doesn't understand what to do here. Fox literally broke the text messages story all giddy that they proved Trump innocent because the official said 'hey the president has been clear no quid pro quo' but then I guess they read the parts where the other guy is all 'uuuuh we should talk offline my dude' and it just vanished.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

even the right wing media doesn't understand what to do here. Fox literally broke the text messages story all giddy that they proved Trump innocent because the official said 'hey the president has been clear no quid pro quo' but then I guess they read the parts where the other guy is all 'uuuuh we should talk offline my dude' and it just vanished.

while "this is a sensitive subject lets talk on the phone not email" is great legal advice, "lets not talk about this in writing" is precisely the sort of sensitive subject you probably shouldn't put in writing

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy poo poo.

Goddamn, she's good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

evilweasel posted:

while "this is a sensitive subject lets talk on the phone not email" is great legal advice, "lets not talk about this in writing" is precisely the sort of sensitive subject you probably shouldn't put in writing

yea pretty much, it's not wrong to go 'hey we should talk about this very delicate topic face to face' but also you absolutely don't need a record of you responding to someone talking about a delicate topic you're involved in with 'yo let's get off the phone for this'.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol UH has been trying to get Warren to plug them for a long time but I don't think this is how they wanted it to happen.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

The Glumslinger posted:

This is incredibly good.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I'm extremely confused by this post. What does a tweet from 1/22/14 have to do with visiting Wyoming now? Even if both were from today, how does that tie together with the "one of the whitest states in the nation" thing?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Yeah that was my first thought too that it seemed like the cops had had some kind of interaction with the family

but cops would never do that

tbh I don't even think it's a threat or anything (physical at least), the judge was literally endorsed by the Dallas Police Union already, I wouldn't be shocked if it was just a 'hey we wanna show everyone what good, forgiving, Christians we all are right?' chat type thing

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tuff Scrote posted:

So according to Volker, the info about Biden given to Trump by Ukraine wasn’t reliable anyway. Not that reliable information was the point, but very much backs up the idea the goal was dirt on Biden manufactured or not

The whistle-blower complaint suggested that he got fed a lot of lines by former prosecutor Lutsenko, in hope of not getting axed by the newly elected Zelensky... Volker would know that Lutsenko is untrustworthy, Guiliani is broke-braijed enough to ignore that because a "fellow prosecutor" is letting him hear what he wants to hear.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

Hahahahaha. This is absolutely perfect.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This has been Trump's strategy all along. Basically "YOUR CRIME (REAL OR NOT) CANCELS OUT MY CRIME!"

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

tbh I don't even think it's a threat or anything (physical at least), the judge was literally endorsed by the Dallas Police Union already, I wouldn't be shocked if it was just a 'hey we wanna show everyone what good, forgiving, Christians we all are right?' chat type thing

On the one hand maybe, on the other hand Dallas cops dealing with a black family. At the end of the day Botham's family still has to live in Dallas and if the cops want to make their lives hell it's really trivial for them whether they had that convo or not.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OddObserver posted:

The whistle-blower complaint suggested that he got fed a lot of lines by former prosecutor Lutsenko, in hope of not getting axed by the newly elected Zelensky... Volker would know that Lutsenko is untrustworthy, Guiliani is broke-braijed enough to ignore that because a "fellow prosecutor" is letting him hear what he wants to hear.

rudy doesn't give a gently caress if it's true

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

evilweasel posted:

Actually kind of makes sense. By not hiding the crime it makes it seem less bad. If he was constantly denying it but the evidence kept mounting then the court of public opinion would say that it's probably really bad and if he was innocent they wouldn't be trying to catch him.

By blasting it over the airwaves he's basically making it seem like well, if it's that bad he wouldn't be talking about it. It also takes a second thought to really understand why what he did was so bad, and his supporters won't do that.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

There is no strategy.

There is a moron too stupid to know he's doing crimes with an incompetent advisor who is too stupid to know he's not helping.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

It's loving one thousand dollars an hour at Denver University.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

There is no strategy.

There is a moron too stupid to know he's doing crimes with an incompetent advisor who is too stupid to know he's not helping.

being brazen and shameless has worked well in the past for trump, it's not like it's a well-thought-out plan it's just him reverting to a strategy that he's comfortable with and the rest of the party playing along

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The "I'll just keep openly admitting to crimes so that they're normalized" might work if a) they and right-wing media like Fox weren't clearly in a tailspin over what to do about the allegations, and b) Trump wasn't already blathering about it being a "hoax".

One aspect that has made this scandal so fun to watch is how all of their usual tactics and talking points are utterly falling flat, time after time. That doesn't mean they'll always fail, but this situation feels a lot different to me than the Mueller report. Plus, even if the tactic was to shock the conscience to exhaustion, I think the American people - and probably the Republicans in congress - are getting sick of having to defend this poo poo.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh my god this is hilarious. A++ Twitter game here.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

i am harry posted:

It's loving one thousand dollars an hour at Denver University.

It's not $50 a semester at UH 50 years later now I assure you. Not even at the satellite campuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
And we've got another whistleblower

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1179856151623733252