Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just dont use it

this also applies to limbo :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mailer posted:

Zaw with a meme strike setup is the go-to and that's what I used for all my ESO focus farming. Status zaw with a CO setup also acceptable. Spin2win until you're sick of onslaught and/or have the unlocks to do tridolon really fast.

Out of curiosity what s the best parts to use for a CO zaw for ESO then?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Phobophilia posted:

Can anyone explain how Limbo's 3 works? I simply don't understand it, and how I can use it to buff my damage with the augment.

It effects enemies who are within range of limbo when he casts it and who are already in the rift. Whenever those enemies leave the rift they apply the surge to other enemies around them, dragging them into the rift. Whenever a surged enemy dies it transfers the surge to a nearby non-rifted enemy. So you can kill surged enemies, rebanish them out of the rift, or just let your bubble shrink on stasis'd enemies and as soon as they pop out the surge spreads to other nearby enemies.

You use this solo because it can be used to kill an enemy in the rift and drag other nearby non-rifted enemies into the rift, or whenever enemies leave your big rift bubble from it shrinking. You also use it solo because the damage from the augment will pop up to 1000% and then near instantly back down to 0% because everything just died to some frame powers or an ignis.

It 'works'. I never found a way to play it and have fun, or play it with teams. Whenever I was trying to make it work I found it to be a lot of effort and luck with enemy clusters for a set up, and a quickly diminishing reward.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Awesome! posted:

just dont use it

this also applies to limbo :v:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
.....and tonights waste of time and Forma is:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Limbo is pretty good at Lua spy missions (still looking for that Ivara part) and syndicate medallion hunting.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think wukong is probably better for lua spy now. limbo is the best medallion hunter though you got me there.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I Am Just a Box posted:

I did and do regret it, having decided in the end that Broken War was my favorite of the melee weapons I've taken for a spin. Farming Broken War is a hassle, not so much for the blueprint but the fact that parts drop off Sentients you can only fight outside quests on Lua (two per mission) or Jupiter (one per secret lab, or I guess like three per assassination?).

It probably doesn't matter a whole lot in the long run, though.
The parts are something like a 0.5% chance each to drop from the Sentients in question, too. Farming a new Broken War is not a very good idea. And I think buying the complete War off the market is cheaper than buying the parts to make a new Broken War, either to replace the one you used to build War, or to make specifically to build into War.

(however, hilariously, the recipe for Broken War seems to indicate you are making a complete War and then breaking it.)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

StashAugustine posted:

Out of curiosity what s the best parts to use for a CO zaw for ESO then?

I mean the best zaw is the one you have a good riven for, but otherwise Plague Kripath and Sepfahn are my favorite strikes. Both are built with Seekalla and Ekwana II Jai.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Atlas is p. fun and tough. His punch is fun though I think it made more sense in previous melee editions when weapon swapping was more annoying? Though it does stun. Landslide? The wall and then boulder is a fun two step combo. Petrify is fun. And summoning earth elementals is cool. Though I wish they lasted longer

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Limbo is a very good spy frame in general, though as is often noted, at a certain point all frames are good spy frames.

Zereth posted:

(however, hilariously, the recipe for Broken War seems to indicate you are making a complete War and then breaking it.)

well...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Saw this on Reddit a while back

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 3, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Just got the part for an orthus prime from relics --- is it any good? I kept happening to get what I need for it and far be it from me to say no to a prime weapon

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It's very good. Maybe not A#1 for all cases, but it's very fast and has incredible reach.

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

Just got the part for an orthus prime from relics --- is it any good? I kept happening to get what I need for it and far be it from me to say no to a prime weapon

It is a very solid melee that you can pretty much keep using until you feel like min maxing a Zaw to replace it and even then will still perform just fine in all levels of content with proper modding and forma use.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Prime Time tonight at 7pm ET, the drop is a relic pack.
Devstream tomorrow at 2pm ET

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I also like the atlas primes boxing hands... Uhh tekko or something? I have a poo poo pile of fist stances and I settled on one.

I tried trading with someone for a lex receiver and he tried to scam me like I was born yesterday. Lol EVE taught me well

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Glenn Quebec posted:

I tried trading with someone for a lex receiver and he tried to scam me like I was born yesterday. Lol EVE taught me well

What kind of scam did they try to run?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Nothing legit. We just sat on the trade screen and I'm like okay, where's the prime receiver. "Pls put your plat down first and click okay. It's about trust."

Yeah, gently caress yourself. Then they canceled trade and left their dojo which booted me back to my ship lmao

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's like three different confirmation boxes you'd have to click to confirm the trade, including a mandatory three-second wait! How was that supposed to work? lol

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Idk. He got all squirrelly on me. Lmao. poo poo was unnecessary, he was about to make a sweet 8 plat.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I had someone like try to switch out their plat or something right when the trade was going through once, their attempted scam failed. But sometimes I just click through fast assuming everything is correct so a scam is possible probably.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

Nothing legit. We just sat on the trade screen and I'm like okay, where's the prime receiver. "Pls put your plat down first and click okay. It's about trust."

Yeah, gently caress yourself. Then they canceled trade and left their dojo which booted me back to my ship lmao

Aww it's like babys first scam!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
were you using tradechat or warframe.market?

if the former, that's tradechat
if the latter, wf.market doesn't like that nonsense and you can go give them the ultimate punishment, -1 trade karma

that is also the weakest possible scam ever and next time ask in clan chat first so a goon can try to scam you instead :v:

i think 99% of my trades are both of us trying to slam our items into the trade window as fast as possible so we can get it done, it's really quite nice

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Lol it was Warframe market and it was weak as hell. Nothing as nerve biting as waiting at the trade screen going uhhh

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Glenn Quebec posted:

Orthus Prime is good, but work toward Lesion until you can get a Zaw, it's much better.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Hate the look of it. What about a khesheg or what ever

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
The Kesheg is a fine Maiming Strike polearm, but lacks the crit or status chance to be good without that mod. The Guandao is probably the best non-zaw polearm if you have neither Maiming Strike nor Condition Overload: you can make a good build on it with nothing more expensive than Blood Rush.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Othos Prime is old an will never be vaulted, alongside Lex, Fang, and Paris Prime. They're all solid (well okay, the Paris is not the best and Fang is currently real bad), the Lex and Orthos are probably the best of that batch too. These are sort of baby's first primes but Orthos in particular can be good for quite a long time. There are better melee options out there but for how easy it is to get Orthos is quick, has good reach, low but not awful crit and status, and does mostly slash damage. It can last you a very long time.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
What about slash damage is good or needs to be fixed? Someone a couple ofnpag s back asked if they ever fixed it. I know it's an annoying proc when it's on me, that's for sure.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they probably meant fixed as in nerfed because its the only ips worth a drat and lots of weapons these days are just viral/hunter munitions delivery machines.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

That said, IPS balance is not typically worth worrying about. The basic damage swings are small compared to elements and building a weapon around bleeds is a specialized task. Nobody is dumpstering Rubico Prime because it's majority impact.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I had a guy yesterday post Cunning Drift for 6 plat, then demand 8 the instant I PM'd him. I told him to take a walk. A goon then gave me Cunning Drift for free. Thanks goons!

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

FunkyFjord posted:

Othos Prime is old an will never be vaulted, alongside Lex, Fang, and Paris Prime.

Is Alex Prime currently available?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
aklex prime is available from baro whenever he feels like bringing the relics and is outside the standard vault/unvault cycle, I think

e: the last time Baro brought Axi A2 relics was three weeks ago so it'll be a while before he brings them again

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah there are probably lots of extra drift mods floating around now with the lua halls nightwave challenges. definitely ask before you buy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Holy cow, the Larkspur (Hildryn's spacegun) is the best archgun ever and I need a primary weapon that has the automatic aiming and chaining behavior so I never need a different weapon again. :swoon:

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

prefect posted:

Holy cow, the Larkspur (Hildryn's spacegun) is the best archgun ever and I need a primary weapon that has the automatic aiming and chaining behavior so I never need a different weapon again. :swoon:

it's so good yeah

It feels actively malicious that you get your free gravimag before you can build it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tulip posted:

it's so good yeah

It feels actively malicious that you get your free gravimag before you can build it

It's such a stark difference to the previous archgun I was leveling. The Velocitus is no fun. With the Larkspur, archwing missions always feel like they're over too soon.