Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Christ let's not perpetuate this argument.

(oh cool, new page. There's nothing worth looking at on the previous page, move on folks.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

TheNamedSavior posted:

w.

Nope. It was Asgore. Alphys felt guilt towards the experiments (and then people ignore the fact that she had plans to COMMIT SUICIDE OVER IT, yet we get "Alphys is evil" over and over again, because she's a fake gamer girl who deserves a painful death, clearly) and wanted to free the Amalgams...but the game very clearly states that Asgore was the one who decided that our "victim" needed to stay in the basement.

asgore literally doesn't know they exist, the game actually clearly states that asgore keeps sending letters to alphys going "hey so when are those people going home, also check out this cool mug I found"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Danaru posted:

So much of this is wrong that I cant tell if you either didnt play Undertale, or if you're pulling a Ben Shapiro and being so wrong so much so fast that nobody can refute you without spending an entire day trying to sift through your cacophony

Seriously like I like Alphys and think the hates she gets is ridiculous but there's a lot there that is just wrong?? Like just two specific things from that (cause I'm not gonna go through the entire thing) Asgore clearly had no idea about the Amalgams being in the lab all this time. It's very clearly implied that Alphys inherited Gaster's work after he died (the DT extraction machine literally look like a Gaster Blaster) and she was in over her head with everything because of it.

"Claiming that a woman scientist's work was just ripped off from a man's actions is a KNOWN sexist action btw." Like this sentence is crazy. A lot of the work she was doing WAS trying to work with the stuff Gaster already did. It's not a sexist statement you lunatic. Stop calling the people who don't like Alphys sexist.

edit: Also yes the war criminal post was clearly a joke my dude

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 3, 2019

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

also on the war criminal scale alphys is really more equivalent to whoever ran the soviet chemical weapons program, because you can't get convicted if your side doesn't lose

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

"Claiming that a woman scientist's work was just ripped off from a man's actions is a KNOWN sexist action btw." Like this sentence is crazy. A lot of the work she was doing WAS trying to work with the stuff Gaster already did. It's not a sexist statement you lunatic. Stop calling the people who don't like Alphys sexist.

and she should be given some credit regardless, anyone who's able to construct and operate one of gaster's inventions from scratch would need supergenius-level tinkering skills

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oxxidation posted:

and she should be given some credit regardless, anyone who's able to construct and operate one of gaster's inventions from scratch would need supergenius-level tinkering skills

Sure I agree. She also built Mettaton's body so it's not like she wasn't capable. She was just very clearly in over her head. I just think the shouting about being sexist is going overboard.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
fwiw I agree that giving too much credit to The Guy That Literally Doesn't Exist Anymore And Maybe Retroactively Never Did, It's Deliberately An Ambiguous Situation Expounded Upon Exclusively Via Easter Eggs, is maybe a little bit sexist. :shrug:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I kinda assume that the blueprints mentioned are just drawings of ducks.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If you don't like alphys you're a big dummy and you smell bad

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Junpei Hyde posted:

If you don't like alphys you're a big dummy and you smell bad

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 3, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

hi friends, I recently introduced a friend of mine to undertale on the switch, she had been previously unaware of it and loved it. she is feeling down lately tho so give me some good undertale internet content and jokes to send to her.

https://youtu.be/LCpxNJfficc

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thread discuss this instead

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I heard he can do anything

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

can he see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I disagree

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

AW HELL HERE WE GO AGAIN !

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Patware posted:

AW HELL HERE WE GO AGAIN !

IT'S ALL TOO MUCH FUN!

CHAOS, CHAOS!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

EVEN DEVILSPOST IS SMILING!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The air crackles with freedom.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Discovering jevil out of loving nowhere was a really, really cool moment

the memes and idiot "theories" really disguise just how honestly neat a lot of the things in this game are

this also goes for undertale, like, in between the incessant "Alphys is a monster/well duh/no I mean the other kind!" debate, it's cool to just take a sec and remember how creepy, off-putting, and sad things like the true lab were when we (or hell, at least when I) first discovered them

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 3, 2019

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want to solve the mystery of what the designer thought "Metamorphosis" meant when they were making the original line stickers that inspired Jevil

Because all that says to me is "clown dab"

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 3, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

v kafkaesque

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

But where is the CHAOS CHAOS sticker?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm going to guess they went with a translation of "henshin", which is associated with arm poses in Japanese pop culture for reasons.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomFerret posted:

I want to solve the mystery of what the designer thought "Metamorphosis" meant when they were making the original line stickers that inspired Jevil

Are these stickers still available to buy anywhere? Because I love them.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hogama posted:

I'm going to guess they went with a translation of "henshin", which is associated with arm poses in Japanese pop culture for reasons.

It is 1000% this and it is awesome.

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?
I want a full on magical girl style transformation with bubbles and soft vocalized "ooooos!" that turns a clown into a scythe.

The scythe then strikes a cute pose.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

hi friends, I recently introduced a friend of mine to undertale on the switch, she had been previously unaware of it and loved it. she is feeling down lately tho so give me some good undertale internet content and jokes to send to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APT7XURgZQ

I don't know if it's a super video to show someone who's feeling down necessarily but it's good content.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm feeling pretty down myself lately and that made me tear up, but mostly in the good way.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

RandomFerret posted:

Is this one of those internet scary story things, why would you need that "dangerous" sticker

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Who knows? I never thought there would be a reasonable explanation for the Metamorphosis sticker but here we are

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Are these stickers still available to buy anywhere? Because I love them.

They are not real stickers, just images to add to your DMs. But yes, you can buy them for a dollar apiece.

https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/1132200

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Looking

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomFerret posted:

Who knows? I never thought there would be a reasonable explanation for the Metamorphosis sticker but here we are

They are not real stickers, just images to add to your DMs. But yes, you can buy them for a dollar apiece.

https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/1132200

Holy cow these are all great, thank you.

They're actually even more unsettling than Jevil himself.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

aahhh!!ddium posted:

v kafkaesque

kefkaesque??

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm going to repost my friends fixes.

https://twitter.com/KenjuTE/status/1059362686432108544

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Is this one of those internet scary story things, why would you need that "dangerous" sticker
Again, they're likely all poorly translated from simple Japanese words so it's likely just 危ない which can mean dangerous or something like "watch out." No idea what's going on with the art but hey that's the charm.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

CHAOS, CHAOS!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

who would win in a fight jevil or alphys' insecurities

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CYBEReris posted:

who would win in a fight jevil or alphys' insecurities

"I can't do anything"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
thanks friends I'll have to hold off on some of those tho cause she hasn't finished a pacifist run yet or gotten the true ending