Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I've listened to at least 2 or 3 different podcasts dunking on Dave subtley over this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

We gonna re-litigate this?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Call the bro-court to br-order

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Sick argument, dude

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do we accept testimony from brosts?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

The sources complaints are dumb poo poo shut up, god

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Point of brorder, brohrwurm. I believe we were riffing on bro-court, jetski brosts, and if snorting powdered mummies was wicked or gnarly.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i wonder if anyone ever sucked a mummy's dick

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I believe the old sayings goes "It's not gay if one of you is dead. Unless you want it to be."

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
How was the death of Gregor Macgregor at all ‘karmic’? Glancing through the Wikipedia, it appears he suffered no consequences at all. It appears further that some of the conned rushed to his defense

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What episode was bro court? I wanna relisten to it and I can’t remember which one it was.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Episode 181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOusboLwm-A

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The new England episode is a great and crazy story

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/daveanthony/status/1178420299097706496?s=21

Time to speculate!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s about his own history with citing sources

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'll put one down for the Clintons.

I don't think he'd do Epstein because it's too dark. Maybe one of the big race riots though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
400 is going to be about pence, but it won't drop until after Trump is unsuccessfully impeached because the Republican senate votes lockstep.

:smith:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I'll put one down for the Clintons.

God I hope so. First, it's perfect. Second, it's perfect.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Tulsa Race Riots.

E: that or he finally does Reagan

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Forceholy posted:

ding ding ding

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
James Fosdike is an underrated part of The Dollop.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Piquai Souban posted:

James Fosdike is an underrated part of The Dollop.

Their names in the UPC code :kiss:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I give it even odds that gary has heard of this man

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I give it even odds that gary has heard of this man

Gareth has absolutely seen Bedtime for Bonzo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Forceholy posted:

Tulsa Race Riots.

Didnt he say that the Tulsa riot was too dark for him?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this newest story is, something :stare:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yeah the latest episode will peel your cap back with how stupid, insane and also loving insane it is.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Didnt he say that the Tulsa riot was too dark for him?

I don't know about that story specifically, but on his other podcast, The West Wing Thing, he mentioned that he tried putting together a Dollop on child labor in America and just couldn't, there was too much to be angry about and not enough to laugh about, so it would make sense for him to approach Tulsa in the same way.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I don't know about that story specifically, but on his other podcast, The West Wing Thing, he mentioned that he tried putting together a Dollop on child labor in America and just couldn't, there was too much to be angry about and not enough to laugh about, so it would make sense for him to approach Tulsa in the same way.

how is the west wing thing? i have mostly being been listning to worst wing which is the goon podcast about west wing.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Dave gets really mad a lot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GANDHITRON posted:

Dave gets really mad a lot.

I can believe that, I tried watching west wing for the goon podcast but I just hated it. Not even for the bad up it’s own rear end in a top hat politics but just that it’s also boring and all interesting conflict and drama is cut off at the knees because it has to jerk off to centrist decorum being the solution to all problems.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Aaron Sorkin is the worst. If you want to mainline his awfulness just watch Studio 60 but don’t say I didn’t warn you. It is potently awful poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Aaron Sorkin is the worst. If you want to mainline his awfulness just watch Studio 60 but don’t say I didn’t warn you. It is potently awful poo poo.

I watched most of Studio 60 because I'd missed the West Wing train and was eager to get in on the ground floor of the next series from such a celebrated writer/producer.

The easiest way to describe it is "What if a guy who has apparently never seen comedy of any kind - and may have never laughed, at all, in his entire life - made a show that framed Saturday Night Live as the most incisive, relevant and cutting edge television program ever produced?" The inciting incident of the series is Judd Hirsch having a "breakdown" on live television where Sorkin's basically done a find-replace on a deleted first draft scene from Network. Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford are brought in to "save" the show and presented as the most brilliant, fearless and plugged-in comedy writers since Comedy Central took a chance on Trey Parker and Matt Stone; after struggling for two episodes to come up with the perfect cold open to bring the show back after the Hirsch debacle, the big show-stopping number they come up with is: A PARODY OF GILBERT AND SULLIVAN'S "MODERN MAJOR GENERAL," BUT ABOUT LATE NIGHT COMEDY. And you better believe they perform the entire thing, and everybody reacts like "Wow, this is Very Funny but also, Very Important."

I guess what I'm getting at here is, everybody needs to watch this show as an important artifact of where we as a nation were as we entered the twilight of the second Bush administration.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 3, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's like sorkin accidentally got how bad SNL would become.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Motherfuckers I think they accidentally posted episode 400 and killed it in the last 75% of me watching it lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I can believe that, I tried watching west wing for the goon podcast but I just hated it. Not even for the bad up it’s own rear end in a top hat politics but just that it’s also boring and all interesting conflict and drama is cut off at the knees because it has to jerk off to centrist decorum being the solution to all problems.

Hardly the worst thing Sorkin made:

https://mobile.twitter.com/devtesla/status/1132101053929984000

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how is the west wing thing? i have mostly being been listning to worst wing which is the goon podcast about west wing.

It's a very bad recap of the show but absolutely perfect if you have come to realize all of the terrible, corrosive effects the show has had on modern American politics; Dave gets angry a lot but they do a great job of actually putting all those shortcomings into words. It's especially good if you're like me and once upon a time you actually liked the show before you actually saw how much it hosed us all and the continual failing of the American liberal started to radicalize you.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I never watched the West Wing but am I correct in assuming that people hate it now because they blame the show for making politicians think they can simply debate everything calmly like civilized people instead of screaming at each other and that no longer applies?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

AceOfFlames posted:

I never watched the West Wing but am I correct in assuming that people hate it now because they blame the show for making politicians think they can simply debate everything calmly like civilized people instead of screaming at each other and that no longer applies?

Once you strip away the clever-seeming dialogue style, the actual writing of the show seems questionable, and thus the politics espoused in the show as well. The episode that nearly gave Dave a coronary involved a trade bill amendment that had strong bipartisan support but was, according to the show, going to be completely killed over an amendment against child slavery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

it lionized the bipartisan