Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I've said it before, and I still think that the reason this scandal is sticking is because the chuds now have to choose between believing Trump and believing Trump. The Ukraine scandal is a hoax, but also he asked Ukraine to meddle in our elections, but also it was a perfect call where he didn't ask that, but also asking for Ukraine's assistance was totally cool and good because Biden is corrupt.

Fox News et al could get this story into line if they didn't have to contradict Trump, but it's reached a point where it's literally impossible not to do so.

This is true. Also, the White House dug its own grave by releasing the record/transcript that confirms the entire story and they don't have a defined target for their ire and mudslinging. Before, they could project all kinds of weakness and "bias" onto Mueller and his supposedly "conflicted" investigators. Now all they have is an unknown but credible whistleblower, which is probably one big reason why they're so intent on finding out who it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ryde posted:

Some idiots tried to accuse Liz Warren of being a "cougar" who was loving a 24-year old veteran.

Oh, I didn't even really look at the team logo. My brain just saw Sports Team Logo and skipped over it :downs:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Also I saw some Warren hits going around on social media claiming that she was profiting off of the private prison industry. Apparently she has a target retirement fund, that holds a stock market index fund. Scandal!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Dog Friday posted:

The question is does Trump have an actual strategy in all this? Did he wake up this morning and say, "I'll got out there and normalize my crimes so nobody cares?" Or does he truly not see what the problem is?

The best hope now is Trump, under pressure, commits an offense so blatant that public opinion swings to the point where the Senate can no longer support him. Trump committing crimes on live TV today is a good step forward in achieving this end.

This is literally all Trump has ever done. Bully his way through things, bluster, and just have a "so what" attitude about breaking the law, because he has NEVER had to face real repercussions for anything.

"Oh, you're upset over me asking for interference? So what if I am, nothing you can do about it. Just to rub it in your face, here's me asking for a shitload more interference."

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

feedmyleg posted:

Can someone tell me why this is so funny? I feel dumb :(

It's funny because Warren just out and admitted that she had an affair with a hunky beefy 24 year old marine. Oh and a busty 24 years old woman too.

(She's old. A cougar is a older woman who go out with a much younger man. Think of someone like Stifler's Mom from American Pie)

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
CNN reporting that the whistleblower is a Registered Democrat. Not sure how they know that or why it matters because the whistleblower is still anonymous and all the claims are true.

Donald Trump extorted Ukraine into investigating his political rival. He asked China to do the same.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ibrahimpols/status/1179451000341585920

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Nocturtle posted:

Graham can't be following the news, it doesn't make sense to complain about the whistleblower's methods when Trump is loudly asking other nations on television to investigate his political rivals, one of the main complaints made by the whistleblower.

We can't use the President's words against him!

Statements like these make me wonder what Ken could have done for the little people. And what he has done to the little people.

Edit: He was a major source of financing for the founders of the Home Depot and fundraiser for the Republican Party, so that explains that!

Dammerung fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 3, 2019

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

A decorated veteran of the cougar wars

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Dog Friday posted:

The question is does Trump have an actual strategy in all this? Did he wake up this morning and say, "I'll got out there and normalize my crimes so nobody cares?" Or does he truly not see what the problem is?

The best hope now is Trump, under pressure, commits an offense so blatant that public opinion swings to the point where the Senate can no longer support him. Trump committing crimes on live TV today is a good step forward in achieving this end.

I’m thinking there is something that Trump has done that would get him into hot water with the base. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s shared nuclear secrets or outed spies.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tuff Scrote posted:

I’m thinking there is something that Trump has done that would get him into hot water with the base. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s shared nuclear secrets or outed spies.

he considered gun control legislation

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tuff Scrote posted:

They'd just say it doesn't matter / they were going to learn it anyway / something like that

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rabble posted:

CNN reporting that the whistleblower is a Registered Democrat. Not sure how they know that or why it matters because the whistleblower is still anonymous and all the claims are true.

Are they reporting that they know that, or that someone in Trump's camp is telling them that.

Also the only reason it matters is because of TEAM SPORTS mentality, a Republican would never blow the whistle on Dear Leader.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

Are they reporting that they know that, or that someone in Trump's camp is telling them that.

Also the only reason it matters is because of TEAM SPORTS mentality, a Republican would never blow the whistle on Dear Leader.

here's the specific wording:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1179862262653358082

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

I'm also mystified by this and need OP to clarify.

Most previous first spouses have used their position to help causes but Melania only pops up somewhere with the #bebest campaign crock when there's another crisis going on at the white house. going to jackson, wyoming is quite possibly the safest event imaginable from a political standpoint: you aren't going anywhere where there's things that are facing the nation's school children such as safety, deteriorating school buildings, or lack of study materials. it's a heavily white, heavily republican district where there's no chance of a parent popping up and saying something that might get airplay. its utter cowardice and shows that trump chose his spouse well

https://twitter.com/MELANIAJTRUMP/status/1179854591778852865

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Wohl's story is entirely unbelievable because a strong odor from a dildo is a classic sign that you got a poorly regulated and toxic cheap toy that's offgassing plasticizers and washing it off isn't going to help you.

Bullshit that Liz would ever purchase anything that isn't body-safe like medical silicone from a reputable company.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

So the source could be literally anybody, then.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Makes sense that when Trump breaks the law only Republicans can tell on him or it doesn't count

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1179859755478634497?s=21
https://twitter.com/BDGesq/status/1179858908896268305
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1179853772295684096
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1179856329055358976
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1179859209145458688

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 3, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

"Indicia of bias"

What the gently caress does weed have to do with this? loving twitter, use real words

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

oh great we’re never going to hear the end of “registered Democrat bias”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dog Friday posted:

It's insane and depressing that this is what it takes, though.

EVERYTHING has to go 100% right, up to and including the President bragging about crimes on national TV, to even push the scales into the possibility of his having to answer for it.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

So at what point does this sort of attitude stop being partisanship and start being tribalism?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tuff Scrote posted:

We know for a drat fact that he gave nuclear secrets to the Saudis, and there's quite a bit of reason to believe that he / his minions blew some of our intelligence assets in Russia, at least - too many dudes in too wide an array of positions got murdered / disappeared / arrested between Trump's first natsec briefings and ~2018 for it to JUST be coincidental / Putin cleaning up after an operation.

there's also, like, that Mossad asset in ISIS who got more or less revealed because Donald had to run his fat dumb mouth

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

"Indicia of bias"

What the gently caress does weed have to do with this? loving twitter, use real words

It's a phrase from the IG report that determined the whistleblower report was credible.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jaxyon posted:

Wohl's story is entirely unbelievable because a strong odor from a dildo is a classic sign that you got a poorly regulated and toxic cheap toy that's offgassing plasticizers and washing it off isn't going to help you.

Bullshit that Liz would ever purchase anything that isn't body-safe like medical silicone from a reputable company.

I think we've found a new customer base for Dildomancer

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
What’s even the point of posting Graham’s birdsite diarrhea? It’s completely unconnected from reality, all bootlicking, and all talk. It provides the opposite of information.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

The Glumslinger posted:

"Indicia of bias"

Indicia is a real word. Even if it wasn't it should be trivial to infer its meaning based on its root.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

AmiYumi posted:

What’s even the point of posting Graham’s birdsite diarrhea? It’s completely unconnected from reality, all bootlicking, and all talk. It provides the opposite of information.

It gets him reelected instead of primaried.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

AmiYumi posted:

Yeah I really hate seeing his tweets here. What do they add?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Catalyst-proof posted:

Indicia is a real word. Even if it wasn't it should be trivial to infer its meaning based on its root.

Pretty sure he was joking

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1179842438049009666

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Catalyst-proof posted:

Correct, it’s a variety of weed :weed:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

lol

and the week isn't even goddamn over yet

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

I wonder how much time is wasted letting republicans talk.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

lol

and the week isn't even goddamn over yet

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1179868216027484171
https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1179868792106688512

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Scipiotik posted:

I wonder how much time is wasted letting republicans talk.
There are no cameras to grandstand for in there, so probably a fair amount less.

gregday
May 23, 2003

is she the one who is "going to go through some things" ?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao this is all based on the Strzok/Page texts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
What are the odds that Russia helped plant this conspiracy theory in Trump's brain?