Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

...worse than Kokomo? Impossible! Right? Oh no

Very much. Poor Brian Wilson is desperate to get out of there on the video. And that song is totally something you'd hear Mike Love play at his sad county fair beach boys.

And remember this kid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMpgcz6s-eI
Yes the ad is from the late 80s, but i still saw it a lot in the 90s. Also again, having a computer not able to help with your school work lol.
They did make a followup in the 90s though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxwin9XFbnQ

That was a big selling point of Windows machines at the time, Encarta, which had all that information on ONE CD ROM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

...worse than Kokomo? Impossible! Right? Oh no

trap sprung, kokomo rules you fucken nerd

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Iron Prince posted:

trap sprung, kokomo rules you fucken nerd

Worst Beach Boys song ever.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wesleywillis posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

wesleywillis posted:

Isn't that like all of them?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

Isn't that like all of them?

:frogout:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

ryonguy posted:

Okay, now I'm just confused by someone thinking it matters if people wear sneakers with pants.

Maybe I am a fashion rear end in a top hat but it looks insanely tacky. It is like tucking your shirt in without a belt or or wearing cargo pants.

Its extremely 90s apropos of the thread but still a thing you see often and it is cringey.

Sneakers are fine. High tops are okay, too. But cross trainers are tacky as gently caress with pants.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

Maybe I am a fashion rear end in a top hat but it looks insanely tacky. It is like tucking your shirt in without a belt or or wearing cargo pants.

Its extremely 90s apropos of the thread but still a thing you see often and it is cringey.

Sneakers are fine. High tops are okay, too. But cross trainers are tacky as gently caress with pants.

i googled cross-trainer and all i got were elliptical machines so maybe you should actually like, fuckin explain what the difference is between a sneaker and a cross-trainer so anyone knows what you're talking about

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

Those are the same thing to 99% of people so the answer to your first sentence is yes.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

Someone has never heard the MIU Album.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
What used to be often called cross trainers are now usually called trainers. I think he basically means “the sneakers with soles that curl up in front and back”.

e.g. Nike Air Max.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You need to show us what you mean by cross trainers that look awful with jeans, because there are a lot of ugly rear end shoes out there, hell, Jordans for a while were really ugly.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Robyn is the only one still around I think. She's huge now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mu Zeta posted:

Britney Spears makes $30 million a year.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Oh you're right that is STAMOS!!!

Hey remember when Stamos was the drummer for the Beach Boys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAq0vvnjdJE

and they made music even worse than Kokomo?

Oh Mother of God, I remember this. I saw them on a double bill with Chicago at the Worcester Centrum when I was in college.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mu Zeta posted:

The Spice Girls are always like 10 minutes away from a reunion

Sugar Ray guy (Mark McGrath) hosts a 90s themed music show on Sirius XM

BSB is (amazingly) still a touring act and recently put out DNA, their 9th (!!) studio album. They had a short tour with New Kids on the Block a few years back. They're actually really, really grateful the fans turn out for their tours and have a good sense of humor.

Ben Folds Five had a reunion album 7 years back (The Sound of the Life of the Mind) and Ben Folds himself still writes songs and records and tours.

Britney Spears had a residency in Vegas and may be trying to get control of her life back from the conservatorship run by her father. She's come a long way from the half-interested "comeback" on MTV and she's basically a poster child for trying to deal with mental issues when you're one of the most visible people on the planet (turns out, it sucks).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Even though BSB predated Nsync, it was amazing how when you see them, BSB only function together, but Timberlake was so far ahead of everyone in Nsync.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Spoeank posted:

Britney Spears makes $30 million a year.

Ok Robyn is the only one still making critically acclaimed as well as popular albums I guess.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Not to mention Melissa Joan Hart is now doing Sorbo-esque Christian movies and the occasional cameo on TV.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Melissa Joan Hart became a boomer.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Negrostrike posted:

Melissa Joan Hart became a boomer.

There's a sad bunch of Generation X that are basically Boomers

Also Ben Folds is doing just fine solo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

twistedmentat posted:

Even though BSB predated Nsync, it was amazing how when you see them, BSB only function together, but Timberlake was so far ahead of everyone in Nsync.
NSync was started because Chris Kirkpatrick didn't make the cut for BSB, and after they got some traction he went back to their fat pedo manager Lou Perlman and suggested an astroturfed rivalry that caused Perlman to hallucinate fat wads of cash exploding on immaculate post-teen abs. The team was put together for its marketability. To the point that Lance Bass was an alternate that actually kind of could sing and ended up rounding out their sound by coincidence.

NSync was also able to use a loophole in their contract to get away from Perlman faster, while BSB as a whole looked up to the guy as a surrogate father and were crazy betrayed from all that fallout and their own struggle to get away from him.

Croatoan posted:

There's a sad bunch of Generation X that are basically Boomers

Also Ben Folds is doing just fine solo
Silverstone became some new age woo queen, too.

Folds branches out from music into producing, too. He's been active. His continued friendship with Shatner sucks, though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Was 3 feet an unreachable hard limit to pizza technology at the time? Can we go over 3 feet now?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Going over 3 feet results in dangerous mutations (pus-filled sausages, cheese turning into worms, etc.). Even 3 feet even is pushing it and Little Caesar's had to eventually drop the whole thing due to the waste produced by failed product.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The technology has been lost to the sands of time, sadly. We still can make long sandwiches, at least, and hopefully that know-how is being passed down to the next generation.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Dropping one of these would be a fear if mine. I swear we got one before...but idk when they stopped this promotion...

Coulda been a 6ft subway sub im thinkin about

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The spanish language world still push the envelope with La Gigante at Pizza Loca.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Fun Fact: The Bigfoot and Big New Yorker were the brainchilds of Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Amie back when he was a Pizza Hut executive.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pneub posted:

Fun Fact: The Bigfoot and Big New Yorker were the brainchilds of Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Amie back when he was a Pizza Hut executive.

The invention of the stuffed crust pizza is directly responsible for Donald Trump becoming president.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Iron Crowned posted:

The invention of the stuffed crust pizza is directly responsible for Donald Trump becoming president.

I'd like to hear the chain on this one; it may be better than my "Gavrio Princip wanting a sandwich means we have tentacle hentai" theory.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neito posted:

I'd like to hear the chain on this one;
Trump stars in Stuffed Crust pizza ad.

Inspires Trump to grow from Regional Slumlord and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous New York Tabloid fodder to media personality.

PROFIT! MAGA!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

This dude is wearing cross trainers.

Not sneakers.

Example:

Onitsuki Tigers are sneakers=okay
Asic Gels are cross trainers=tacky

Ross trainers are designed with that elaborate sole and poly material sole for doing...cross training.

Sneakers are simpler and largely a comfy fashion shoe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Look like sneakers to me

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sekhmnet posted:

The most 90's Christian Slater movie will always be "Pump up the Volume". A decent movie made completely obsolete by the advent of the internet.

Pirate radio used to be the coolest poo poo.

Lunatics driving around in vans, broadcasting to other lunatics who'd get the frequency from telephone pole flyers and messages scrawled on the walls of toilets in seedy nightclubs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just got called pedantic in another thread, but this sneakers/cross trainers argument is literally the most pedantic bullshit in the world, right now.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNX_XiuA78

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

I am a fashion rear end in a top hat
okay

I mean, if the guy wasn't wearing borderline acid washed jeans and an ill-fitted shirt, he'd look perfectly fine, you just found the dorkiest looking guy imaginable.

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Oct 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

When I think of jeans and mildly athletic footwear, I think of 90s icon Jerry Seinfeld:

http://imgur.com/a/oenzpBd