Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mkady/status/1179906098335232000

Wasn't Perry the first one who got roped into this whole thing and has already said he plans to cooperate with Congress?

He said he would be cooperating with congress. That was yesterday, and now today we're learning of his resignation. Remember when Trump expecting loyalty from Comey was shocking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Willo567 posted:

So if they don't vote on the impeachment inquiry, what happens then?

It goes on anyway, they don't need to vote to open an inquiry.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Willo567 posted:

Inquiry goes on and House Dems have to take them to court on the stonewalling.

Edit; I don’t know how much digging you need to do when the crime was in the quasi transcript that the president released but who knows anymore.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1179903986394128386

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Willo567 posted:

They won't, because that's not how it works, and its just a distraction. Hopefully: They'll hold them in contempt

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nine-gear crow posted:

So that just leaves, what? Ben Carson, Betsy DeVos, and Elaine Chao as the last Original Trump Cabinet Members?

Wilbur Goddamn Ross

also Mnuchin and Perdue

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean it’s not like impeachment only takes place with the consent of the impeached

Though I guess I wouldn’t put it past our idiot system

Aeolusdallas
Mar 2, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Pounded in the Butt by the Male Model Jacob Wall Hired to Claim Elizabeth Warden Pounded in the Butt with a Chain

You beat me to it.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Pelosi says it’s not in the constitution that they have to vote on an impeachment inquiry. Apparently it happened during Nixon’s impeachment but I’m not sure it’s law. The White House will either claim that’s it’s not official without a vote and not comply with subpoenas, or they will claim its partisan if the only votes for the inquiry are Dems.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
As near as I can tell McCarthy thinks that supporting impeachment is going to be an albatross and wants Dems on record, but that's really dumb and that's why I think he thinks that.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

As near as I can tell McCarthy thinks that supporting impeachment is going to be an albatross and wants Dems on record, but that's really dumb and that's why I think he thinks that.

McCarthy is an idiot and the more owned that guy gets the better

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Jaxyon posted:

Kevin McCarthy isn't exactly the brains of the Republican party.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tuff Scrote posted:

Pelosi says it’s not in the constitution that they have to vote on an impeachment inquiry. Apparently it happened during Nixon’s impeachment but I’m not sure it’s law. The White House will either claim that’s it’s not official without a vote and not comply with subpoenas, or they will claim its partisan if the only votes for the inquiry are Dems.

basically, either way they will refuse to cooperate, the main question is whether their bad argument to the court will include (1) the "there's been no vote!!!" stupid argument, or (2) some other equally meritless and stupid argument.

Jaxyon posted:

yeah I think i've come around on this.

this story has gotten so much worse in the last 48 hours an impeachment vote (reworded to explain the sheer scale and breadth of the corruption here) might be outright good politics for them (even if mostly symbolic)

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
They honestly should just be prepared for the white house not to comply with subpoenas no matter what.

efb

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Kevin McCarthy isn't exactly the brains of the Republican party.

It's amazing that "what's the dumbest possible reason they could be doing this" works so well these days as an explanation

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

eke out posted:

just to back up for a second, it's staggering how we've had basically all our darkest fears confirmed: the state department has been completely subverted and our entire diplomacy is literally run by an international criminal conspiracy.

honestly at this point I want presidential candidates to promise to root out these people from the federal bureaucracy at all costs and to bring charges against anyone who has committed a crime, period.

like a Church Committee on steroids with prosecutors assigned to it
It's been obvious that we need another Church Committee at least since the sweeping use of FAA 702 became known. And we separately need something like the Church Committee for private sector tech companies.

And I just want to reiterate that now that we know the administration is abusing codeword classification to bury incriminating information on NSC systems I really want to know how they're classifying all this poo poo. Did they create their own CRIMESCRIMESCRIMES control system/compartment for all of the poo poo they're trying to hide? If so, then it isn't just the access logs that are interesting, it's the subscription list---the list of everyone who's got clearance for that codeword. It would also mean that they're conveniently creating an index of all the materials to subpoena. And if they're not doing this, then are they misfiling it all under some existing codeword or codewords? If so, this seems to be facial evidence of an attempt to conceal or deceive.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nothing says “we’re all innocent actually” like throwing yourselves bodily one after another into the mud to stop an investigation into a multi-week-long national news story

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wilbur Goddamn Ross

also Mnuchin and Perdue

It’s quite telling that all three of those stooges still feel like they’re replacements for other, previously better qualified officials.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Nothing says “we’re all innocent actually” like throwing yourselves bodily one after another into the mud to stop an investigation into a multi-week-long national news story

doing more crimes right in front of the investigators in an attempt to distract them from all the other crimes

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm having a hard time believing they're able to conspire anything besides" nuh uh!"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/bendreyfuss/status/1179907566769451008

Couldn't even be bothered to talk to a real Trump voter lol

i see Zito has graduated from highly deceiving interviews with real people to highly deceiving interviews with fictional people

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
https://twitter.com/jasondotgov/status/1177417556476518404

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jaxyon posted:

It's amazing that "what's the dumbest possible reason they could be doing this" works so well these days as an explanation

This is what happens when everyone with even a nominal amount of intelligence and sense steps aside until this poo poo show is over

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dubar posted:

In any situation where Trump actually gets removed, even if Pence is somehow implicated, Pence will get to choose a new VP. There is no way you can coordinate official removal proceedings to remove them both at the same time, especially with Mitch still controlling the senate. The only way Pelosi becomes president is if Pence drops dead at the same time that Trump is removed. Technically a new VP needs to be confirmed by the House as well but I sincerely doubt Nancy :decorum: Pelosi has an ACTUAL coup in her.

It would be super dumb of pelosi to confirm a VP appointment while simultaneously impeaching newly promoted president pence.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

It is amazing how slow this process is and president smooth brains still meets with heads of state, commits more crimes, and incites violence on Twitter.

What is the over under that trump panics and tries to pull a Rudy and take everyone down with him once (if?) he finally realises he is hosed? Right now he is just doubling down at every opportunity

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

:honk:

There is so much money poured into making Trump voters seem anything other than petty, vengeful bigots who cheer for suffering.

MadJackal fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 4, 2019

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

hidden_msg posted:

What is the over under that trump panics and tries to pull a Rudy and take everyone down with him once (if?) he finally realises he is hosed? Right now he is just doubling down at every opportunity

100% he will do this. When it started last week, he got a little flustered and immediately implicated pence. He knows the Republicans are protecting him. If they stop and he knows, truly in his bones, that's he's done? He will surely get in front of cameras an burn down the entire Republican party. We would see for sure if he had dirt on lindsay Graham, for example, because he'd tell everyone about it.

I'm pretty sure hes going to call for his "silent majority" to come help also, then he'll be surpised when its 36 people and 5,000 people who've come to see him get turned out.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm opposed to the House holding an unneeded vote because it feels like them stopping to obey Trump's "Simon Says" command. He doesn't get to dictate terms here and if he tries the proper response is to punch him in the face.

Of course a resolution should be drafted and ready to go at a moment's notice should a court decides that it wants to overstep authority and tell the House how to conduct its business by saying a vote is needed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/GOP/status/1179922024879271938

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm opposed to the House holding an unneeded vote because it feels like them stopping to obey Trump's "Simon Says" command. He doesn't get to dictate terms here and if he tries the proper response is to punch him in the face.

Of course a resolution should be drafted and ready to go at a moment's notice should a court decides that it wants to overstep authority and tell the House how to conduct its business by saying a vote is needed.

Ya the house has all the power at the moment, there's no point in giving up ground.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Meatball posted:

100% he will do this. When it started last week, he got a little flustered and immediately implicated pence. He knows the Republicans are protecting him. If they stop and he knows, truly in his bones, that's he's done? He will surely get in front of cameras an burn down the entire Republican party. We would see for sure if he had dirt on lindsay Graham, for example, because he'd tell everyone about it.

I'm pretty sure hes going to call for his "silent majority" to come help also, then he'll be surpised when its 36 people and 5,000 people who've come to see him get turned out.

Oh yeah for sure, it's a classic trump move to throw everyone else possible under the bus.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Did I hear “party before country” at the end of that?

Edit: “its party before country always”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Google Butt posted:

How is anything happening right now even real

If you haven't at some point in the past 4 years just said out loud, while alone, some variation of "Computer, end simulation", just to see if anything happened, I don't want to know ya.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
“No impeachment!”

God that’s like the worst protest rallying cry ever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm wondering at this point if we should bring in Poroshenko and ask if Trump pulled the same offer on him, too.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Mahoning posted:

“No impeachment!”

God that’s like the worst protest rallying cry ever.

The video from earlier today of Liz Warren walking through the airport had people shouting "Don't impeach!" at her, as if, as a member of the Senate, it would even be possible for her to impeach him. I kinda wanted her to turn around and just say "Ok I promise I won't impeach the president"

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

spunkshui posted:

Did I hear “party before country” at the end of that?

Edit: “its party before country always”

It's good to see the mindset they're going with on display like that. No dishonesty, no bad faith arguments, just a simple admission of priorities.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

This is probably a set up as with the Warren video.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AnthonyAdragna/status/1179906897585020928?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

He’s running