Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

TheMadMilkman posted:

Every time I visit my parents in Memphis we hit up Gus’s and Central.

Also the downtown Huey’s because it was right across the street from where I worked, so I’d go there all the time. And also Abner’s, because who doesn’t want to eat 8 chicken tenders and a single piece of garlic bread for lunch? And also some Mexican place on Poplar, and the Chinese place my dad likes.

I gain a lot of weight every time I visit Memphis.

Have you been to Elwoods Shack? Highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Have you been to Elwoods Shack? Highly recommend.

I haven't; I'll put it on the list for the next time I'm in town.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Kinda regretted the post immediately but I’m a lawyer so I have no shame

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

EwokEntourage posted:

Kinda regretted the post immediately but I’m a lawyer so I have no shame

Since when are you in Texas?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I am so unmotivated to write what is amounting to a civil law brief on restitution principles that I'm looking up where to find Memphis BBQ places when I visit my parents over Thanksgiving.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

blarzgh posted:

Since when are you in Texas?

Roughly 1992

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

TheMadMilkman posted:

the Chinese place my dad likes.

Formosa probably. They’ve been playing the same drat Enya album for 30 years but they easily have the best Chinese food in town.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I’d have given 40 after 20 with 20 years probation. Plus a fine.

An innocent man is dead.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
In texas does 10 years mean to years or 5 with good time?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Yeah. I’m banking on parole eligibility (and likely granting as a woman) and want her to do at the very least 10 flat. Ideally more.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

nm posted:

In texas does 10 years mean to years or 5 with good time?

Correct.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Mmm hearing some horror stories about bar pass rates in Colorado.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Study high test high. State dependent memory!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Depo today:

Q: And the calves that died, there were two correct? The calves that died, how much are they worth?
A(my client): well, nothing. They're dead.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Depo today:

Q: And the calves that died, there were two correct? The calves that died, how much are they worth?

:smith:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Cleared out overgrown brush in yard. Learned that when neighbors put in their pool they ran a 6 inch drainage pipe into our yard. Literally. 5 feet into our yard.

Cease and desist letter or just sue?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Redirect the pipe into their flowerbed and bill them

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ActusRhesus posted:

Cleared out overgrown brush in yard. Learned that when neighbors put in their pool they ran a 6 inch drainage pipe into our yard. Literally. 5 feet into our yard.

well, its on your property, get a cork.

More realistically, it was probably the workmen cutting corners and your neighbors don't even know. Try calling them first.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

El_Elegante posted:

Redirect the pipe into their flowerbed and bill them

This. Estimate an arbitrary amount of days since you detected it and multiply the damages retroactively.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

blarzgh posted:

Depo today:

Has this man never heard of steak

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The calves froze to death the night they were born; which was 4 months earlier than the auction house had certified them as due to be born; which is why no one expected them to be born, thus no one found out about it until the next day.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

blarzgh posted:

The calves froze to death the night they were born; which was 4 months earlier than the auction house had certified them as due to be born; which is why no one expected them to be born, thus no one found out about it until the next day.

:smith: aside, how much is in fact at issue and why is it in court?

I presume two calves, as sweet a set of calves they might have been, wouldn't generally be worth the court and lawyer's costs litigating over.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Munin posted:

:smith: aside, how much is in fact at issue and why is it in court?

I presume two calves, as sweet a set of calves they might have been, wouldn't generally be worth the court and lawyer's costs litigating over.

About $10k. The two calves weren't the only issue. Issues that of the 11 total head of cattle that were purchased, half of them didn't give birth and the other have gave birth in the dead of winter.

They sold at a price commensurate with all of them giving birth in the spring. The difference in price between what they sold for and what they were actually worth was about $10k.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Defense attorney deposed a very young victim today in my office. Apparently he asked them about where he's at school and confirmed the kid's teacher's name. The kid gave a shocked look and said, "How do you know that?!"

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Trouble is, this neighbor is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ActusRhesus posted:

Man, if you were norwegian I'd tell you to contact the municipality and report them for unlawful drainage (as you can't have lawful drainage to someone else's property without a registered easement) and then eat popcorn while I watched them dig up their yard while paying 100 USD a day in day fines.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ActusRhesus posted:

I would suggest contacting an attorney in your area!

Seriously though water flow and drainage laws are super state-specific from what I recall. Like a whole month of my property course back in the day was just on all my state's weird-rear end water flow rules. Dudes building dams on their property downstream and then properties upstream flood, etc. A lot of it is common law but there are different common law traditions in different states.

There is probably caselaw on point in your area to the specific question of drainage flow from one property to another after renovation/landscaping.

Depending on your area and the relevant law, "put a cork in the drainage pipe" might be a legitimate answer. Or building a 6" high wall along the property line.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ActusRhesus posted:

man if only there was some sort of licensed professional who you could hire to handle civil disputes on your behalf

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Soothing Vapors posted:

man if only there was some sort of licensed professional who you could hire to handle civil disputes on your behalf

You mean, a cop?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just roll pro-se or get the underpaid associate at your office to handle it for you. This is how you can get probate on a $2m+ estate and contract defense done on the cheap.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

What will they do if you just tear it out?

Edit: LOL just cap the fucker off and watch their pool back up and overflow

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Cork it.

Real answer: local attorney lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
yuns posted new pics in the grappling thread and holy gently caress his level of shred is unreal.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

No one knows where the "grappling thread" is. Link the drat goods.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao back to the bush for court next week. The Plea Machine Has Returned.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The grappling thread is in Rowdy Ringsports.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tokelau All Star posted:

The grappling thread is in Rowdy Ringsports.

So close and yet so far to providing a link. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386441&pagenumber=572&perpage=40#post498853534

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

:stare:

quote:

I don't share my workout program much because it's too specific to my insanely short recovery time, lack of need for sleep and fast healing. I lift 7 days a week at 4 am and train BJJ 5 days a week (every weekday morning).

Since August 17th I added running to my routine (midnight to 2 am) and ran an average of 13+ miles a day every day (on top of lifting every day and BJJ 5 times a week) from August 17th to October 2nd. My longest day was 24.5 miles (11 miles in the am and 13.5 miles in the pm). I stopped the cardio experiment on October 2nd. I'll still run on the weekends but all this cardio turned out to be not very productive for me. I'm already in mid single digit body fat (DEXA 5.5%) and so it didn't lean me out or add to my fitness considering all my lifting and BJJ. Other than getting better at running it didn't do much other than eat up a couple of hours a day. Honestly, the running was a waste of time although an interesting experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I want to catch up to yuns. I gotta lift more.