Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel that the phrase "before being put in charge of everything nuclear in america" to describe Rick Perry's life is never going to get old.

he got a D in Meats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

he got a D in Meats

to be fair looking at the actual course content of "Meats" it would be easy to see why he got a D because he's not the brightest crayon in the box

quote:

In an email to Mic, course instructor Dr. Jeffrey Savell explained ANSC 307 Meats is an advanced science class requiring students to demonstrate understanding of animal biology as well as regulatory and safety requirements in meat production.

"Animal Science 307 is a rigorous upper level science course that covers growth and development of food animals; antemortem and postmortem factors affecting meat quality; USDA inspection and regulatory requirements for the harvest and processing of livestock and muscle tissue; and the chemistry of meat color and preservation," Dr. Savell wrote.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:sbahj:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i would not describe any 300-level course as "rigorous"

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

EBB posted:

There are plenty of 300 level Comp Science courses that were "rigorous".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Defenestrategy posted:

Who else would be better to man the nuclear arsenal than the guy who decided to start wearing smart guy glasses?

It worked, didn't it

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/AnthonyAdragna/...ingawful.com%2F

So it's definitely related then right

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

So it's definitely related then right

On the one hand, he was on the edges, as he was the administration's representative to Zelensky's inauguration after Pence got pulled from it. On the other hand, the DoE gig isn't exactly as lucrative as other poo poo he could be doing, like working for a Texas oil firm doing nothing and/or greasing the skids of the state government.

I don't think he was involved.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1179948252948508672

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wasn't there stuff floating around about selling our nuclear info/tech to Saudi Arabia? DoE would have been a part of that wouldn't they?

Totally pulling that out of my rear end but hell, I'll take the shot in the dark.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EBB posted:

It's not rigorous but Perry was a solid C student with a handful of Bs in easier courses.

Also, Perry's been planning his exit since before April, and Trump not being a total piece of poo poo towards him has been the only thing keeping him around. Dude was never comfortable in the DoE spot and wants to go back home basically.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 4, 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Me refreshing twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTdbpoQkR4U

FYI - That House Democrat document dump is basically dealingwithdonniescrimes.txt between one sycophant ambassador and two ambassador-types that *kinda* know better.

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1179952062131556352 Note the time gap. Speculation is that Sondland (the sycophant Trump donor) talked to Trump in that timeframe.

VVVVVVV TAKE THIS CRIME OFFLINE

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 4, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

so uh

'bout those crimes

E: also lol that they're using the Agency font from Freelancer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

There are plenty of 300 level Comp Science courses that were "rigorous".

i was pretty rigorous with your mom

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
By the way, the published texts basically kill off the "no direct evidence!" and "no quid pro quo!" defenses. I'm curious if the reveals will be outright ignored or they will move onto the next dumb argument.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

By the way, the published texts basically kill off the "no direct evidence!" and "no quid pro quo!" defenses. I'm curious if the reveals will be outright ignored or they will move onto the next dumb argument.

What does your heart tell you?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Yes.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Agreed, the everyone rightly remembers the early to mid seasons being excellent but either forgets or didn’t watch the show getting downright terrible near the end. Seasons 10 and 11 had a few winners like Church Hopping or Grand Theft Arlen, but we could totally lose 12 & 13. Just try to watch “Lost in MySpace” without becoming sad.

The quality fell off in the last few years but all the truly bad episodes can be counted on one hand . Mrs Wakefield, the canadians, and ZZ Top. I can't even hate the Orange County Choppers episode because it was such peak Mr. Strickland.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I liked the ZZ Top episode. The whole reality show getting regeared to piss off Hank and cause him to have outbursts, and everyone whoring themselves out for screentime was good.

You want to know what episode I loving hate? The dog dancing one from one of the first seasons. Our local FOX affiliate's syndication package was funny or something, and this episode seemes to play more than any other. I will turn off the tv rather than ever watch it again.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Flying_Crab posted:

this is cool and good since Perry is shockingly one of the only competent people in Trump's cabinet. I wonder what new nutjob we'll put in charge of maintaining our nuclear arsenal

He is absolutely not competent, he's just the only one who recognizes that he is incompetent and wisely stepped aside to let the smart people work. His predecessor was a nuclear physicist.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stultus Maximus posted:

He is absolutely not competent, he's just the only one who recognizes that he is incompetent and wisely stepped aside to let the smart people work. His predecessor was a nuclear physicist.

Knowing when you are too dumb to do a thing is a skill a ton of people dont have. It's kinda impressive his ego took the back seat in this day and age of Trump politics.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stultus Maximus posted:

The bar for competency has never been lower though. Perry the only one who aint dragging his feet

And the dog dancing episode owned :psyduck: Though I guess anything sucks if you see it 100 times.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Edit: Wrong Thread

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Perry also did just set up his grift by positioning his wife to make a fuckton of money off of future DOE contracts. He’s cashing out, also.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is it actually clear whether Hunter was seeking out favors based on his dad's name, or if Joe was directly intervening on his behalf?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XvIM046po

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

2 days ago news outlets claimed Perry was getting pulled into the Ukraine investigation. Yesterday this started getting reported

https://mobile.twitter.com/NoahBookbinder/status/1179876476415610884

Now he's resigning in a month...

:thunk:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/statu...ingawful.com%2F

😬

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Totally not going to talk about covering up any alleged crimes!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Also, this twitter thread is uhhhh nuts

https://twitter.com/DrMatthewSweet/status/1180000492707024897?s=19

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What a Modest Proposal.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Icon Of Sin posted:

What a Modest Proposal.

If it was written in 2019 everyone would take it as 100% serious.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180094411323117568?s=20

:smugdon:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whyJCcjf6to

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Casimir Radon posted:

I liked the ZZ Top episode. The whole reality show getting regeared to piss off Hank and cause him to have outbursts, and everyone whoring themselves out for screentime was good.

You want to know what episode I loving hate? The dog dancing one from one of the first seasons. Our local FOX affiliate's syndication package was funny or something, and this episode seemes to play more than any other. I will turn off the tv rather than ever watch it again.

Yeah the ZZ Top episode isn’t top tier, but has one of my all time favorite Hank moments when he explains how they tricked him into going to work after Tom Landry died, and he’s still mortified.

Also, if you ever see a used copy of the book “The Boy Ain’t Right,” it was written by the staff when they were on the top of their game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_srb7wcTA

all the chuck mangione jokes killed me

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think he's going to like the answer of this question:

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/s...ingawful.com%2F

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

During a private phone call in June, President Trump promised Chinese President Xi Jinping that the US would remain quiet on pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong while trade talks continued, two sources familiar with knowledge of the call tell CNN.

jesus

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chuck Mangione would be unknown to be if not for KOTH

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

EBB posted:

Chuck Mangione would be unknown to be if not for KOTH

Excuse me some of us were in marching band.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

That actually seems legal, just gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
And incredibly cheap. Other Presidents got a lot more out of China in exchange for this kind of thing.