Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

She might be in a tight race in her state, of course. Too bad, she deserves zero credit everywhere. Nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Wait what? There was another China call that wasn't on live tv today? The hell?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Wait what? There was another China call that wasn't on live tv today? The hell?

Yes he promised not to talk about Hong Kong and also mentioned Warren on this one.

No transcript or anything just reports from sources so the chuds will think it’s fake news.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Slowpoke! posted:

Can’t wait to get that transcript of the Xi call. If he asked about Warren, that is maybe the smoking gun you need to turn Republicans. She doesn’t have the baggage of Biden, who comes with 8 years of Obama and the Clinton angle. How do you Whatabout Elizabeth Warren?

Nothing is going to turn Republicans. Trump could be making deals with Iran and Hezbollah to manufacture dirt on Bernie, and we could have audio and video confirmation, and they would still back him.

Siding with Trump is an all or nothing deal. You get no credit or support for walking it back since you have supported so many indefensible things already, so your only choice is to ride it out to whatever end (unless you are willing to give up politics and retire).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mkady/status/1179906098335232000

Wasn't Perry the first one who got roped into this whole thing and has already said he plans to cooperate with Congress?

yeah. he knows the SS trump is breaking in half and is jumping on the first life boat off before the rest of the GOP ghouls which i think will start happening because this poo poo will only get worse. you know he probably tried to get Kim to do stuff too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

As long as Trump is 'winning' they will be behind him. But if he goes down in 2020 they will act like he doesn't exist, like how the GOP was just as behind Dubya until he was a lame duck and the economy crashed, then they stopped talking about him.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
Teddy taxes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJjRw

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

As long as Trump is 'winning' they will be behind him. But if he goes down in 2020 they will act like he doesn't exist, like how the GOP was just as behind Dubya until he was a lame duck and the economy crashed, then they stopped talking about him.

Honestly....I don't think they will br able to successfully memory hole Trump the way they did Dubya. Trump is just too insane and too memorable, especially to younger folks and my parents. Thats the danger of aligning yourself with a Mad King. Mad Kings get remembered.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

friendbot2000 posted:

Honestly....I don't think they will br able to successfully memory hole Trump the way they did Dubya. Trump is just too insane and too memorable, especially to younger folks and my parents. Thats the danger of aligning yourself with a Mad King. Mad Kings get remembered.
I'm not sure if that will happen if he ends up as a 1 term president and the economy starts to poo poo itself as he is leaving.

Reagan became the hero of the right that he is for wiping out the Democrats in two elections and just dominating US politics in the 1980s.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/Squack_Packer/status/1179768160066707456

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1179890228372348928

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

idk. i feel like if this gets any more obviously worse. enough of the senate may turn on him. as i have said, i think if we keep going down this road, trumps hosed either way, either with now or in 2020.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not sure if that will happen if he ends up as a 1 term president and the economy starts to poo poo itself as he is leaving.

Reagan became the hero of the right that he is for wiping out the Democrats in two elections and just dominating US politics in the 1980s.

nah, he will be remembered as corrupt gently caress rear end in a top hat who just liked hurting people. he doesn't have the brains of either nixon or w to rewrite his story after he is done to make him sound better. hell he doesn't have a good legacy to start with. he will be an example of bad leadership for decades if not longer.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 4, 2019

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

How can trump even be defined as "winning" right now though? Don't know, don't watch right wing media.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

in hearts they call this strategy, 'shooting the moon'

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179944461067005952

sure why not.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Schiffty Schiff

the Schifftiest

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is there a time limit for when Republicans can decide to run for president in 2020? Cause if it's already passed, Trump and Pence get impeached and removed, and Pelosi's interim president...

Wouldn't that mean that the Democratic Nominee WOULD HAVE NOBODY TO RUN AGAINST AND GET ELECTED BY DEFAULT!?!? :psyboom:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1179941181935034374
https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1179941885219147776
https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1179945191261777920

Giuliani literally loving writing copy for State Department to try to force Ukraine to say

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1179937355794452482?s=21

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Fox News analyst Andrew Napolitano says Trump's Ukraine call was both criminal and impeachable
usatoday.com/3:13 p.m. ET Oct. 3, 2019

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

It wouldn't be as big of one, but still important. I mean, it is using extortion on foreign governments to manufacture dirt after a citizen with the bonus of doing it to someone that is Trump's likely election opponent currently. And deflect from Russian aid to Trump's campaign in the last election.

That Biden is doing better than a certain non-Democrat just makes a lot the usual posters here approve of the Republican talking points and parrot them.

Ok when you say 'manufacture'... Hunter Biden did get a job he wasn't really qualified for with a Ukrainan energy company right? That must have been in exchange for some form of influence?

And there is that clip of Joe Biden saying "If the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money" - can anyone provide context for that?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

eke out posted:

Giuliani literally loving writing copy for State Department to try to force Ukraine to say

Yeah, that's seriously clown government territory --- president's personal attorney(??) editing foreign policy documents?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1179948641051648001

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Big

https://twitter.com/repadamschiff/status/1179948231603707905?s=21

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

loving :lol:

Warren guy

She's likes em dumb but pretty apparently

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Hobo Erotica posted:

Ok when you say 'manufacture'... Hunter Biden did get a job he wasn't really qualified for with a Ukrainan energy company right? That must have been in exchange for some form of influence?

And there is that clip of Joe Biden saying "If the prosecutor is not fired, you're not getting the money" - can anyone provide context for that?

Evilweasel broke it down pretty well upthread:

evilweasel posted:

trump and rudy are lying through their teeth

here's the short version. Hunter Biden was hired as a board member by a Ukranian company, controlled by an oligarch, that has some corruption stuff that should have been investigated (all pre-existing Hunter's involvement). however, Ukraine's corrupt prosecutor refused to investigate it, and had dropped the investigation a year before.

the USA and the EU demanded this corrupt prosecutor be fired because he wasn't prosecuting people for corruption, including the hunter firm (whose company had the investigation dropped a year before), and Biden delivered that message on behalf of Obama.

trump, rudy, and people repeating their lies try to claim the prosecutor was fired to prevent him investigating hunter's company. this has three main problems: (a) he was fired because he WASN'T; (b) the investigation had been dropped the year before; and (c) everyone agrees Hunter's not accused of doing anything.

Hunter was assuredly hired as a board member just because of his last name which is, likely, a sketchy failson getting some cocaine money, which is sleezy but not illegal. If the company wanted favorable treatment from Biden they didn't get it, because the company would have wanted to keep the corrupt prosecutor who didn't investigate them.

When Joe Biden made those threats, he was literally trying to get the corrupt prosecutor to investigate all Ukrainian companies, including the one his son got appointed to the board of.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao these texts

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

eke out posted:

lmao these texts

The worms are both literal and figurative.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm going to just make the brave move and say it: Donald Trump being elected president is the stupidest thing to ever happen in human history.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Evilweasel broke it down pretty well upthread:

When Joe Biden made those threats, he was literally trying to get the corrupt prosecutor to investigate all Ukrainian companies, including the one his son got appointed to the board of.

There was also an article earlier today with the bipartisan Ukraine conference in the Senate wrote a letter calling on Ukraine to fire the prosecutor in 2016

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics/gop-senators-echoed-biden-on-ukraine-reforms-kfile/index.html

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

eke out posted:

lmao these texts

Somebody please lend me a marker so I can mark the quid and the quo.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Which will go literally nowhere

Grest job Kevin! :thumbsup:

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Lead out in cuffs posted:

And a good chunk of current Republican senators signed a letter agreeing with Joe Biden at the time.

E: F,B

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1179908480322289664?s=19

In all fairness, babies are delicious.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Bill Taylor, unfortunately for them, clearly stated how bad he thought this was in writing in these texts

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ugh. Lost in the headlines, but maybe rethought because of them:

The trauma of a childhood on the frontlines of Ukraine's war
05/02/2019
"In eastern Ukraine, war with Russian-backed separatists has raged on and off for five years, forcing a generation of children to endure prolonged trauma and the premature loss of innocence. The film “The Distant Barking of Dogs” chronicles the story of 10-year-old Oleg and his grandmother, Aleksandra, who experience painful transformation along the conflict's frontlines. Nick Schifrin reports."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

eke out posted:

Bill Taylor, unfortunately for them, clearly stated how bad he thought this was in writing in these texts

Let us not forget that the NYT reported that before that last text, Sondland talked directly with Trump

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Either this woman was making a very over-the-top and poorly executed Modest Proposal reference or else she's in crisis and needs mental health care and the fact that every conservative in the country right now including loving Trump is mocking her and tying her to AOC is disgraceful.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eke out posted:

lmfao ahahahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Did I read right that he made two calls to China, and one of them was in front of journalists where he said he’d keep quiet on Hong Kong if China investigated election meddling?

Surely that’s wrong