Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've become pretty much a recluse, and since i work from home, most of my days are awesome because I do whatever I want and don't have to deal with other people much. The most interaction i've had in the past week was talking about music with this guy that runs my favorite record store. That day was extra awesome because I got a record I'd been trying to find for a while and also two new books from my favorite bookstore, went out to eat and read at this little mexican restaurant ive gone to for years, then went on a kayak trip, and spent the rest of the night reading and learning about random stuff on the internet - and some combo of that and work and other hobbies is how i spend my days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got my paychecks.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Over the weekend I did a massive website redesign for my blog and I’m actually really happy with the results.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is more someone else's day is awesome, but I'm just so happy for her. My 72 year old coworker goes to an indoor skydiving place once a week and posts videos of her session on Facebook and it's just so goddamn amazing and wonderful I just need to talk about it somewhere. She's so goddamn rad. She has the biggest fuckin grin on her face.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So a friend of mine stole his landlord's car and drove it drunkenly into a light pole over the weekend. He's alive, but he could have killed someone.

He and his family are mad that we didn't sugarcoat things for people that ask, and his sister is upset that I called them all assholes for letting him drive off drunk. They've removed themselves from our lives.

It's a great day when the trash takes itself out!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Boss hired a guy to replace the broken server with a good one, landlord hired a guy to fix the hot water tank, and I got a call from a local health centre that I can soon switch to them and not have to keep trying to go to my very unresponsive family doctor. Everything just got a little better.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

After two stressful days of waking up late and having to rush to work, I managed to get up really early today and had a lot of time to myself this morning.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

My boyfriend made me an amazing strawberry and cherry parfait for breakfast

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I have a favorite little kitchen knife that I have protected for years and my parents just brought me back another 4 identical ones from France.

I have an actual stash of lovely sharp little knives now :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got my first full paycheck for my new job, which is paying me 40% more than my old job :toot:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pretty much finished building my deck today. I got a nice big deck now. One good looking deck. Lots of people admiring my deck.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've been pretty down especially with all the poo poo happening around the Kurds and stuff. It's just overwhelming. I saw this on imgur (some better quality versions) and it brightened up my day a bunch though, a frenchman who works in the anime industry regularly takes his two son's drawings and reimagines them in full blown professional quality anime artwork. they're extremely cool and creative, and I immediately am going to buy his book.

one of my favorites, the many-armed snakeman with a weaponized lollipop

it just makes me smile. :)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I've been pretty down especially with all the poo poo happening around the Kurds and stuff. It's just overwhelming. I saw this on imgur (some better quality versions) and it brightened up my day a bunch though, a frenchman who works in the anime industry regularly takes his two son's drawings and reimagines them in full blown professional quality anime artwork. they're extremely cool and creative, and I immediately am going to buy his book.

one of my favorites, the many-armed snakeman with a weaponized lollipop

it just makes me smile. :)

Dude! I remember seeing this guy's drawings from a while back. Thanks for letting me rediscover him. :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure! And the book arrived, and it's real fuckin nice. The format for the 120ish pages is page of doodle + comments from dad and kids, and the opposite page is the reimagined drawing in full. The cover is gorgeous and it's just a really great looking hardcover book with some loving outstanding extra artwork in the back, progress sketches and his artistic process breakdown step by step, definitely recommend it if you like his work. Also all the notes on the doodles are translated in the book, useful since they're in Japanese on the images online.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

got a text from my 71-year-old mom, who's looking after my young nephew, who is teaching himself to draw video game characters:

"On pokemon who is the Character called mutube"

:3:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I won't overshare but I've been feeling more engaged with my day and more encouraged to use the time wisely. I've had really bad procrastination, distraction, attention, whatever you want to call it depending which of my doctors you talk to, problems. Medication, diet change, exercise, some therapy, and routine have changed my mood considerably. As a result, I've found myself more likely to take on new tasks that I used to push off until a breaking point of some kind. I no longer grimace at the thought of working on certain projects and I'm feeling more comfortable stepping into them.

It's a one day at a time deal, and even so I still try to fill that day with more than just sitting around listlessly. It's been really nice to notice a lot of changes about my mental state and I feel good about them. I regret taking so long to take action for myself but I'm glad I'm doing it.

I also finally got some new wireless headphones after giving up on wireless ear buds for work. They just die out too quickly for the length of time I need them. Hoping these headphones will have a good life span to them. So far they have held up against me stupidly banging against shelves.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Got the iPhone 11 for my wife’s birthday. I like it and the new texting option makes it much easier to text my many many girlfriends

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got a nice little quarterly bonus at work & some good feedback from my boss about my goals & what I've accomplished so far. Wasn't expecting it to show up today but I'm not gonna complain about an extra $1250 on my check :woop:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I just got an unopened box of Yves Rocher Cedar Wood and Lime for 5 euro in a thrift shop - I liked the decription of the actual scents in it, but was a bit dubious because all the reviews harped on about it being 'resolutely masculine' 'super-manly' 'oh my god so goddam butch you'll grow an extra testicle' which I thought probably meant it has that kind of default Manly Cologne smell, which I do not like at all and, being a relatively young woman I also do not want to smell like someone's grandpa.
Turns out it's absolutely gorgeous! - I get the same kind of feel from it that I get from Un Jardin Sur le Nil, which is my all-time favourite perfume, but which I cannot currently afford.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Picked up a new impact driver for half off.

It was made in america but still.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
More like "oldpayless" amirite?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We finally dropped cable TV! I'm using all my own gear, so no need to rent a modem or router. I'm just paying for the tubes. Everything's been solid so far. I love having equipment that doesn't randomly reboot or drop wi-fi. :toot:

One of the neighborhood cats had a kitten and I saw them walking around together last night! :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
One of the customer trucks that pulled up to work tonight had a kitty with them! Couldn't possibly have been a year old yet, black and white spots, was in that skinny, gangly teenage stage; was very interested in staring at the person talking to the truck driver (aka me). After being pulled away from the window it climbed up on the dashboard and watched the rest of the yard while they pulled away.
I love when the truckers have pets with them :3: always makes my night.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

One of the customer trucks that pulled up to work tonight had a kitty with them! Couldn't possibly have been a year old yet, black and white spots, was in that skinny, gangly teenage stage; was very interested in staring at the person talking to the truck driver (aka me). After being pulled away from the window it climbed up on the dashboard and watched the rest of the yard while they pulled away.
I love when the truckers have pets with them :3: always makes my night.

When I worked in a drive-thru, we would lose our poo poo whenever someone would drive up with a pet. It was almost always a guaranteed pick-me-up for everyone in the kitchen.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I launched a pretty niche website earlier this year with the help of a fellow goon, where people can print out my pixel art for DnD or whatever it is you'd want a tiny Orc for. We set up a Patreon, like every other DnD related endeavor, but despite constant Reddit/Twitter posting it's been slow going getting the word out.

A few weeks ago I got in contact with a YouTube dude with a sizeable following -Runesmith, who is awesome. We worked out a little collaboration where I made some custom units for his live game, and he gave me a short promo at the end of his most recent video. We've gone from 9 patrons to 38 in a single day, and more keep trickling in every hour or so!

We're still small fry, but this is a huge keep forward and feels awesome :) If anyone cares - here's the video, my thingy is at the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZbNSADNV0

McKilligan has a new favorite as of 15:59 on Oct 26, 2019

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
lots of cums

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I've been depressed and reclusive recently, and had just come from a very irritating trip to Target when I went to the grocery store. Some guy in front of me at the checkout struck up a conversation and he was really nice and outgoing. He didn't hold up the line by talking to people, either. Nor did he say the obnoxious "YOU'RE NOT SMILING!" bullshit, he just said something like, "you look sad." Talking to the guy me feel better.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm on holiday :toot:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm incredibly sick and my boss sent me home with out me having to beg. Got home at about 12pm and woke up just a bit ago. My vacation is coming up at the end of the week, so getting sick now worked out really well.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

My dog had to go to the vet's earlier today for dental treatment, which meant general anesthesia -I just got a call to say he's awake and sitting up :3:

(I was horribly afraid something would go wrong and he wouldn't wake up at all :( )

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Got a letter from my government employer, saying they've started proceedings to get me fired.

For some this would have been a crappy message to get, but for me it's a blessing, finally I can get on with my life and not wasting it in a job where I have no more motivation left.

And best of all, I'll get full pay until they fire me, and 6 months of full pay thereafter. Since I'm off sick with a depression at the moment, and normally worked with confidential data, they'll pay me for 6 months where I can stay at home and get better.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I got an employee recognition award plus a bonus at work today at a job where the hiring boss said he expected me to take at least 2-3 years to get up to speed because of my lack of formal programming experience. I've only been there for about 8 months and just finished a major code delivery.

I know I only got it because we lost a couple people and they want to make sure I don't leave, and probably secretly don't think I deserved it (which to be fair, I don't think I did since other people on the team did much more in that period of time), but i'll take what I can get.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I got an employee recognition award plus a bonus at work today at a job where the hiring boss said he expected me to take at least 2-3 years to get up to speed because of my lack of formal programming experience. I've only been there for about 8 months and just finished a major code delivery.

I know I only got it because we lost a couple people and they want to make sure I don't leave, and probably secretly don't think I deserved it (which to be fair, I don't think I did since other people on the team did much more in that period of time), but i'll take what I can get.

Yeah, if you got up to speed that fast and are producing good results they're already thinking you have options and don't want you to leave.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's been a looooong day, but I got a ton done. used up my last sick day because gently caress if I'm going in to work on 2 hours of sleep.

printed out refinancing paperwork, signed 22 pages of bullshit, finally got this poo poo sent back to the company handling it after almost a month of telephone tag, expiring paperwork due to the agent going on vacation, etc, now just gotta get the appraisal sorted and then close on the deal.

not particularly "awesome" due to it being a business failing, but a small miniatures maker I have done a lot of business with in the past is liquidating all their stock due to having to shift to a smaller business model. I really love his models, they're extremely detailed and especially the mechs are intricately detailed with pistons and poo poo like that that are all poseable before gluing in place. But since he's offloading all his remaining stock, I made a judgement call, since I'm refinancing and going to be getting a much, much better rate(nearly halved my interest rate and reduced the payments by $800ish a month), I went a bit hard in investing with this stuff and made a massive order with him. Pallets full of stuff. Like, nearly $18,000 worth of stuff for 3 grand. It'll finish off my own collection, give me plenty of gift options for my nerd friends, and also help restock my store's flagging inventory with plenty of stuff to sell down the line(once the glut of immediate resellers disappear).

Really the only problem is the shipping cost. This is freight stuff from across the country, so it's gonna be pricey. The priority mail option the store's cart offered was $750 to ship everything. He's going to check and see what mass shipment options he can get instead of that for me, but still, I had to maniacally laugh when I saw that shipping total show up in the cart. :v:

edit: oh, and, uh, my stepsister just apparently went into labor, so that's cool too

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 03:51 on Nov 6, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Probably kind of a weird one, but my wife filmed and put together a lovely little music video for one of my songs:

https://vimeo.com/371240629

She's so amazing and I'm glad she's working on her video editing again, she enjoys it a lot and I love seeing her do things she enjoys.

(And if you enjoyed this track, you can find more at https://soundcloud.com/user-443451412)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Something is finally going right for me.I found out I can withdraw from my 401k (at the company I don't work for anymore) and it will more than cover my debt and allow me to actually save up towards a car and keep paying for my schooling. Also I found out about Stella, the dog who can apparently communicate via recorded answer buttons and it made me so happy.

Here's video of her in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtxBxLiZRco

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Astrofig posted:

Something is finally going right for me.I found out I can withdraw from my 401k (at the company I don't work for anymore) and it will more than cover my debt and allow me to actually save up towards a car and keep paying for my schooling. Also I found out about Stella, the dog who can apparently communicate via recorded answer buttons and it made me so happy.

Here's video of her in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtxBxLiZRco

Just remember you're probably gonna be paying taxes/penalties on your withdrawals so account for those as well.

Also consider rolling over the remaining into an IRA so you're not paying 401k service fees. Pretty much all the main brokerage houses have free Trad IRA accounts with free trades now.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 05:50 on Nov 6, 2019

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

It's my birthday and I had breakfast at Duck & Waffle with my mum, got given a cashmere scarf, and both my cats are snoozing on my legs. A good day.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
The wife and I celebrated our anniversary by watching a live performance of Welcome to Night Vale and I was thoroughly blown away by the energy of the performers, the great on-stage music and being able to share this evening.

And now, off to an all-night dessert place. Today was a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I hosed things up playing Black & White 2 to scratch a God Game itch I've been experiencing (editing some map files in a way that the game does Not Like if you gently caress it up), and much to my surprise for such an old game, it retained my profile / user settings after an uninstall and reinstall.