Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1180106199297138688

this looks like the same story as got released yesterday? idk, reading it and seeing what's new

Whatever it is it's not quite published yet, that's just a teaser/blueball-ifyer
e: uh, huh that is the actual news piece, lol *blueballing intensifies*

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I am 100% sure the reagan textbook mentions he had alzheimers.

None of them come right out and say "it turned out he was real loving stupid his whole life" though

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mummy Xzibit posted:

The first dumbass domino falls.

USPOL Fall of the Dumbass Dominoes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope more right wingers pick up on the new 'actually all diplomacy is quid pro quo so this is fine' talking point

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even if they can treat the Ukraine part as Biden was still corrupt and needed investigated as a purely non political thing, the China stuff I think hurts them more just because of the established relationship and opinions people here have of them.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Color me shocked.

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1180083463690608640

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Trump would actually go up in the polls if he shot a man right now.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

bobjr posted:

Even if they can treat the Ukraine part as Biden was still corrupt and needed investigated as a purely non political thing, the China stuff I think hurts them more just because of the established relationship and opinions people here have of them.

If they can successfully hand wave obvious mob arm twisting for personal gain like the Ukraine texts and the "transcript" illustrated, China won't hurt them a damned bit.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

OAquinas posted:

If they can successfully hand wave obvious mob arm twisting for personal gain like the Ukraine texts and the "transcript" illustrated

Narrator: They can't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

very cool she didn't retire when democrats controlled everything.

https://twitter.com/richardjwolf/status/1179885763133153282

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's not how you spell abomination.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Groovelord Neato posted:

This pisses me off. The quagmire of poo poo we're in isn't some kind of fluke. It's a direct consequence of decades of GOP efforts and useless centrist pandering.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/1180104090556260360

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eXXon posted:

That's not how you spell abomination.

Surprise, surprise, 86-year-old woman who is given a lifetime appointment and makes friends of conservative justices is not, in fact, a leftist crusader.

The Supreme Court doesn't lend itself well to radicalization; the judges on it have absolutely nothing to fear in terms of political pressure.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Future* history textbooks will unambiguously state that Trump had severe dementia during his presidency. This will be because children will constantly ask why he kept doing all these ludicrous things, and the other possibility - that an unbelievably colossal idiot was elected as President of the US - will just be too embarrassing to admit.

* I’m an optimist.

History textbooks today are just starting to take about how debilitated Wilson was after the stroke, and not a one mentions Reagan’s obvious Alzheimer’s. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
We need a list of Trump tariff announcements for China so that we can compare them with the dates we know he discussed Biden and Warren with Xi.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Right wingers are going to push it any way

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmeraldRobinson/status/1179922697226194944
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1179908480322289664
https://mobile.twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/1179941844253368320
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1179909451563884544
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1179910524789592064

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

This pisses me off. The quagmire of poo poo we're in isn't some kind of fluke. It's a direct consequence of decades of GOP efforts and useless centrist pandering.

When you're very old and you're about to die one way or another, it's probably a huge comfort to see it as a momentary deviation from true, good, healthy culture rather than something that is just getting warmed up.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

skylined! posted:

I think the venn diagram of Larouchies and people in the midst of a prolonged psychotic break overlaps a bit.

They are jaw droppingly nuts. Just completely unhinged in the most hosed up of ways.

Unfortunately this got them attention so I'm sure they'll try it again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1180112851442290690?s=20

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Democrazy posted:

History textbooks today are just starting to take about how debilitated Wilson was after the stroke, and not a one mentions Reagan’s obvious Alzheimer’s. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I mean, the Reagans made a thing of announcing he had Alzheimer's a few years after he left office, but they also contended at the same time that he wasn't diagnosed with it until after he left office.

The tradition/norm of ex-presidents staying out of the public eye after they leave office helped a lot with providing cover with this. He left office, nobody heard from him for a couple years, then the next thing you hear from him is that he's got ALZ and that's the last you hear until he passed away.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

This may be the most depressing aspect of this whole thing. Trump will be considered a hiccup or glitch in the system, as opposed to the endgame of mounting, unopposed radicalizing of the GOP. The lovely state our world was in BEFORE Trump is gonna be treated as the baseline, or even as a happy ending.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Larouche is such a weird figure. He went from being raised as a devout Christian to being heavily involved in the Communist Party in the 40s/50s, then over time became more and more fascist and ran a crazy cult that somehow got access to Reagan’s NSC meetings in the 1980s.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AOC/status/1180104921678569473

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Pants Donkey posted:

This may be the most depressing aspect of this whole thing. Trump will be considered a hiccup or glitch in the system, as opposed to the endgame of mounting, unopposed radicalizing of the GOP. The lovely state our world was in BEFORE Trump is gonna be treated as the baseline, or even as a happy ending.

I wish Trump was the endgame, but with the gerrymandering and voter suppression I'm worried that's not the case.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

An "aberration" can mean a temporary instability in a system, and the system then returns to its previous state. It can also mean an instability just before the entire system collapses.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Democrazy posted:

Yes, but future children will not be able to put “Wilson” or “Reagan” into the Youtube Holomatrix or whatever and immediately be fed hours of the former president acting very clearly like a crazy or stupid person.

The point is that this madness is extremely public, to the point that even children would be able to realise and ask about it. Dementia is the less embarrassing excuse for it.

Similarly, it’s funny that the first thought about this “eat the babies” woman was: “severely mentally ill or just a Trump supporter? It’s impossible to tell”.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

She's pretty good at addressing the ridiculous poo poo that gets thrown at her on a daily basis.

Also they literally stole a plot from Clone High as their smear.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

pdf says 25 pages but like half of that is duplicates of the text conversations after the timeline. This was a pretty easy read. No smoking gun that I could see but obviously people wanted clarity on if aid was contingent on the investigations. Seems like some strong corroborating evidence to my non-lawyer mind.

e:clarity

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jokes on them I was only pretending

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Jobs report came out and naturally everyone is pushing the low unemployment rates.

Only 136 thousands jobs has been added last month. That's awfully low.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Luckyellow posted:

Jobs report came out and naturally everyone is pushing the low unemployment rates.

The number went up! Stocks went up! Everything’s fine, you commie!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Luckyellow posted:

wages also remain absolutely pathetic so the real story of the numbers is people are working more for less with costs of living still rising

things are fiiiiiiiiiiiine though, number go up stocks go up!!!!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

here it comes

Supreme Court will decide on stricter regulation of abortion doctors

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

pacerhimself posted:

She's pretty good at addressing the ridiculous poo poo that gets thrown at her on a daily basis.

She's never gone on the record to say she doesn't eat babies. Maybe because she's too busy eating babies?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Honest AOC, or so she would have you believe! Last year she said she's 28 years old. Now she claims she's 29! Which is it AOC? Better keep your stories straight!

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

right wing media is not held to any sort of standard and they konw that their viewers are not going to watch anything that challenges their narrative and if they do they know their viewers will call it fake news. The right has really got their base exactly right where they can really pull the wool over their eyes and really take advantage of them.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Luckyellow posted:

We’re at full employment so that’s expected. The numbers to watch are wage growth and labor force participation in this environment. .

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

pacerhimself posted:

Look at that fuckin forehead

The chin setting in Skyrim doesn't go that small

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Luckyellow posted:

Yeah they expected 145,000 and no change to unemployment. 136,000 isn’t going to ease fears of recession.

We are long past the point of caring about the government’s unemployment figures. I would suggest anyone who doesn’t know about the difference between U-3 and U-6 unemployment rates to read up on why using U3 data misrepresents what is really happening out there, especially with the rise of the gig economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

IUG posted:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Honest AOC, or so she would have you believe! Last year she said she's 28 years old. Now she claims she's 29! Which is it AOC? Better keep your stories straight!

How did they get her spaghetti eating video?!