Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four

pixaal posted:

I too feel that a giant S on the end would complete it but Butt is fine too

I cant disagree! Also testing to see if I correctly changed my sig to "fall or autumn" despite that it should be over 100 degrees here next week, but it is October the Halloween and baseball playoff month sooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

pixaal posted:

A burrito is just a large soft taco :colbert:

I am all about street tacos big time, but full sized soft tacos im like "why didnt you just use a slightly larger tortilla so all the good stuff inside isn't spilling all over the place despite my best efforts?" burriot

Escape From Noise

Somehow in the last 5 years or so Mexican food has become much more available in Japan. There's even like a really decent place run by a Japanese dude within walking distance of my apartment. They even have freakin' flour tortillas and salsa in the grocery store now. And not the import store. Kind of the Kroger of Japan or whatever. It's Old El Paso but I mean it could be worse (Pace). It's just kind of weird how quickly that changed. Still can't really get corn tortillas though.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

burritos are american food they were invented in san fran fite me

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

Invented by Mexicans in San Fran.

Heather Papps

hello friend

yes but it is american food with americanized ingrediants and designed to appeal to the american palette

like is taco bell actually mexican food or is it american mexican food?

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

yes but it is american food with americanized ingrediants and designed to appeal to the american palette

Eh. According to this article burritos are Mexican.
https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=lY-tY62V1FIC&pg=PA178&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Even if they were made in America I'm pretty sure they were made for other Mexican immigrants. Unlike eggrolls.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Heather Papps posted:

A traditional burrito is actually really thin unlike the bloated monstrosities that are like 1.5 meals you get in the US. Traditionally you would eat 2 maybe 3. They were are just soft tacos that have been folded over so they aren't as messy. Of course US stuffs them so full that they are more messy than a regular taco but that's what makes them a really good value.

mmm pinto beans beef cheese and hot salsa. My mouth says yum but my butt says youch

sig by owlhawk911

Escape From Noise

pixaal posted:

A traditional burrito is actually really thin unlike the bloated monstrosities that are like 1.5 meals you get in the US. Traditionally you would eat 2 maybe 3. They were are just soft tacos that have been folded over so they aren't as messy. Of course US stuffs them so full that they are more messy than a regular taco but that's what makes them a really good value.

mmm pinto beans beef cheese and hot salsa. My mouth says yum but my butt says youch

Yeah but that's just the Americanization of a foreign cuisine like eggrolls. It's not like cashew chicken. I dunno. That's my take. I still like a good mission style burrito. As a New Mexican I don't really care for New Mexican burritos.

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

You live in Canada, I don't want to fight you but I would love for you to come down to the south west and have dinner with me where taco bell is not "Mexican food".

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Somehow in the last 5 years or so Mexican food has become much more available in Japan. There's even like a really decent place run by a Japanese dude within walking distance of my apartment. They even have freakin' flour tortillas and salsa in the grocery store now. And not the import store. Kind of the Kroger of Japan or whatever. It's Old El Paso but I mean it could be worse (Pace). It's just kind of weird how quickly that changed. Still can't really get corn tortillas though.

I want to try it! (not the store stuff, the guy down your street) I mean I don't expect it to be great I just love the concept of regional takes on foreign food, especially if it is horribly wrong. Something about that just makes me curious!

pixaal

In the end food is food who cares who made it and who modified it if it's good it's good. People made it, that's all that matters. Share ideas across the globe and make the best food possible.

sig by owlhawk911

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

You live in Canada, I don't want to fight you but I would love for you to come down to the south west and have dinner with me where taco bell is not "Mexican food".

I want to try it! (not the store stuff, the guy down your street) I mean I don't expect it to be great I just love the concept of regional takes on foreign food, especially if it is horribly wrong. Something about that just makes me curious!

It's not like SPOT on but it's actually really decent and relatively inexpensive compared to the other places around town. He goes to Mexico periodically to keep studying the food and stuff. I haven't been in a while. He's actually right next door to a brewpub that I know the guys at because it's a small industry.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

nut

eat the beefus imho

pixaal

Help me BYOB I've been thinking about my dinner burrito so much I forgot what I made myself for lunch today. :ohdear: mystery lunch. I know it's a sandwich but what kind did I make while half asleep I can't remember. Guess I'll find out in an hour!

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

gimme da chimmichanga now

or someone gets yelled at about how much i want a chimmichanga

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*bursts through thread wall*

Nobody calls it San Fran.

Also burritos are delightfully Mexican.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Burritos are, in fact, a soup in a bread bowl. Please reference your BYOB food charts.

Escape From Noise

pixaal posted:

Help me BYOB I've been thinking about my dinner burrito so much I forgot what I made myself for lunch today. :ohdear: mystery lunch. I know it's a sandwich but what kind did I make while half asleep I can't remember. Guess I'll find out in an hour!

A classic sandwich gambit.

Is it a different shape than normal? Perhaps a hot dog sandwich? Maybe sushi sandwiches?

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

help! dad!!!

(canucks know not of american terms)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

Taco Bell is not food.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

Burritos are, in fact, a soup in a bread bowl. Please reference your BYOB food charts.

hmmmm.... yes.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

Taco Bell is not food.

t bell is lyfe it is giving me life right now i can't even

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A classic sandwich gambit.

Is it a different shape than normal? Perhaps a hot dog sandwich? Maybe sushi sandwiches?

All of these things are soups in bread bowls.

Heather Papps

hello friend

anything is soup if you smish it hard enuf

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A poptart is a soup in a bread bowl

MockingQuantum

hamjobs posted:

heather papps if you really want to sound like you belong take this advice, don't call it San Fran, call it "Frisco"

:troll:

thank you luvcow for the sig

pixaal

What about Sanny Franny?

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

MockingQuantum posted:

heather papps if you really want to sound like you belong take this advice, don't call it San Fran, call it "Frisco"

lol there is only one place i "belong" and it is rite here, rite now, doing a big strong post

Escape From Noise

MockingQuantum posted:

Came here to post this.

Their national dish is Rice-A-Roni

Wraps are sandwiches so therefore sushi rolls are sandwiches and nigiri sushi are open faced sandwiches.

MockingQuantum

Came here to post this.

Their national dish is Rice-A-Roni

Wraps are sandwiches so therefore sushi rolls are sandwiches and nigiri sushi are open faced sandwiches.

thank you for giving me a brand new way to enrage my sushi-loving friend

Heather Papps

hello friend

hi hello chat!!!

i am having a good day. still can't find my wallet but i went to get a new debit card today. this isn't great.

Escape From Noise

Pretty sure the California roll was invented in ol' Frisco.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

*withers and dies*

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

*withers and dies*

:negative:

MockingQuantum

hamjobs posted:

*withers and dies*

you could always combine them, like in the hit song "I Left My Heart in San Fran Frisco"

Jaded Burnout

Disturbed a buncha toads while clearing my front garden.

I made sure to leave behind some decent habitat for them.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Jaded Burnout posted:

I made sure to leave behind some decent habitat for them.

u are good

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

gimme da chimmichanga now

or someone gets yelled at about how much i want a chimmichanga

yell at me bro! (lol)

Heather Papps

hello friend

Twenty Four posted:

yell at me bro! (lol)

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I AM SO HAPPY THIS WORLD HAS YOU IN IT OKAY?
ALRIGHT!

DO A BIG GOOD POST!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

pixaal posted:

What about Sanny Franny?

San Franarino, if you aren't into that whole brevity thing.