Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Reading colorzied Steel Ball Run and this is just awesome so far. The visuals are incredible.

Wark Say posted:

Also, punk rebel ecks, I think you live in a LatAm country, right? Because if so, Panini is actually doing an actually-for-once decent job with the JoJo re-released volumes, even including the colorized volumes in some regions. I think they're worth it. Just a thought. :)
Nah, I'm American. But I'm a Latinx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I finished volume 2 of Steel Ball Run so far and I'm loving it. Definitely different from any other arc so far.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1180145104192970752

Golden Wind dub incoming.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
"That's the distinct tang of a liar!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It'll start airing on Toonami on the 26th. Annoyed with myself for missing the announcement at the panel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1180144653456351233?s=19

Having a hard time picturing Chiplock as Mista.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't stop hearing the Copyright-Free voices.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
https://twitter.com/sonicmega/status/1180148333605605381?s=19

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Arist posted:

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1180144653456351233?s=19

Having a hard time picturing Chiplock as Mista.

Kyle McCarley wasn’t my first pick for Narancia but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, I’ve liked him in everything I’ve heard him in so far.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jojo doesn't work in English, or is very difficult for it to. The voice acting needs to be over the top, not grounded.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

punk rebel ecks posted:

Jojo doesn't work in English, or is very difficult for it to. The voice acting needs to be over the top, not grounded.

I thought the dubs were acceptable.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ray Chase and Kyle McCarley rule, I’m excited.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

punk rebel ecks posted:

It worked pretty good for Kira, but other than that yeah you're right.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ChaosArgate posted:

Kyle McCarley wasn’t my first pick for Narancia but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, I’ve liked him in everything I’ve heard him in so far.
This. I loved Mob, Mikazuki, Shinji (anime), Alm and 9S (games) from what I can remember him off the top of my head.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
When I think of Kyle McCarley as Narancia, I think of that scene where Narancia gets ripshit pissed at Formaggio and kicks the crap out of a car door.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think it's pretty great when the voice actors grow into the role of their character.

Matthew Mercer and Patrick Seitz were great by the end of Part 3.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m just disappointed they aren’t going with the corniest fake Italian accents possible

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The part 4 dub was goddamn incredible I don't know what you people are on about.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ben Diskin was an absolutely perfect Joseph.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Augus posted:

I’m just disappointed they aren’t going with the corniest fake Italian accents possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krtnt191Drg

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
9S' voice actor should be able to really sell the boat dock scene, and I can't wait.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Augus posted:

Caesar unfortunately used up the budget for that.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
This masterpiece got updated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joe93kaxow4

There's also one for the first OP now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThEQvP6EbE

Dragonwagon fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 5, 2019

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I like the guy who does the Josuke voice. I think he is a relatively new voice actor but i recognised him as Ferdinand in 3 houses.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Monaghan posted:

The part 4 dub was goddamn incredible I don't know what you people are on about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CJ posted:

I like the guy who does the Josuke voice. I think he is a relatively new voice actor but i recognised him as Ferdinand in 3 houses.

Josuke was Billy Kametz' first major role but he was also basically blowing up a bit after that with roles in Osomatsu, Cells at Work, shieldhero, Fire Emblem, Aggretsuko, and recently Promare.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dub Abbacchio is they guy who did Abridged Android 13, so now I can't get "I'm Leone Abbacchio, look at my trucker hat" out of my head.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I thought for sure someone said that Josuke's VA was the guy who played Alto in Stella Glow, but that was Robbie Daymond.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

On a different note, isn't it kind of ironic that Diavolo sold the Stand Arrows, which led to DIO getting The World, which led to Giorno developing Gold Experience and saving the mafioso, thereby causing him to wind up joining Passione with the intent of killing Diavolo?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
A great fan creation that popped up. God I want that tie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHK5SWJu0k

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

On a different note, isn't it kind of ironic that Diavolo sold the Stand Arrows, which led to DIO getting The World, which led to Giorno developing Gold Experience and saving the mafioso, thereby causing him to wind up joining Passione with the intent of killing Diavolo?

I never thought of it like that. I love the idea that ultimately Diavolo doomed himself from the very beginning.
Though I’m not sure if Giorno got his powers from the arrow. I think he was just born with a (dormant) stand.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I never thought of it like that. I love the idea that ultimately Diavolo doomed himself from the very beginning.
Though I’m not sure if Giorno got his powers from the arrow. I think he was just born with a (dormant) stand.

I thought it's implied that the arrow giving powers is supernaturally hereditary though. Like, the reason the joestar line has stands is because Johnathon's body got pierced by the arrow.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Yeah and even then, everyone else in the Bucci Gang got their Stands either from the arrow or being related to Diavolo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

DIO having The World awakened would've done the same to Giorno that happened to Joseph, Jotaro, and Josuke, right?

Or was Giorno not born by then?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Golden Wind takes place like in early 2001, right? I know timeline in JoJo is not all that set in stone, but I know Stardust takes place in '87-'88 and DiU takes place in '99. So I feel that Giorno was already born by then.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wark Say posted:

Golden Wind takes place like in early 2001, right? I know timeline in JoJo is not all that set in stone, but I know Stardust takes place in '87-'88 and DiU takes place in '99. So I feel that Giorno was already born by then.

You are right that Giorno was born at the time, since he was born on April 16, 1985 according to the wiki.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Wark Say posted:

What anime is your avatar from?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arV8awLrTY0

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wow I might actually end up watching part 1 the whole way through for a change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Teach posted:

The whole internet loves Seiko, a lovely company that makes great watches! *5 seconds later* We regret to inform you Seiko likes anime.

I think we can all agree that anime was a mistake. Sadly, more here - https://www.crunchyroll.com/en-gb/a...ale-in-november
Here's my take on the watches

Amazing: Giorno, Bruno, Trish
Too ordinary: Abbacchio, Narancia
Just okay: Mista, Diavolo