Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Just shed a tear. Never thought I'd see one of those in the wild again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I like his cameos. The Australian accent was a bit much and he was smart enough not to stick himself in most of the movies.

His acting turn in Desperado was great because you really wanted to see him dead.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

JazzmasterCurious posted:

Tarantino is such a wigga but I love his dialogue

His acting tho

Just use a hard 'r', you pussy. Lean into it if you're going to be poo poo.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I knew a kid in middle school whose last name was Wigger, in 1995. He did not have a good time.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I don't like any rap... other than eminem!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Decrepus posted:

I don't like any rap... other than eminem!

Everlast is okay I guess, and House of Pain

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Same but macklemore

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

MC Leaky Boomboom Down

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Better than chap hop I suppose

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

MC Leaky Boomboom Down

I heard Snow described as "having cred"

Remaining skeptical

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I knew a kid in middle school whose last name was Wigger, in 1995. He did not have a good time.

what's his last name now?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I only listen to Captain Dan

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m a dapper dan man myself

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Remaining skeptical

He was actually in jail when Informer went big, don't get much more legit than that.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

oldpainless posted:

I’m a dapper dan man myself

We don't got no Dapper Dan, I can get it for you in about two weeks.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Remaining skeptical

He was sitting down cooling with his dippy dippy girl when the police knocked his door and roughed up his pad. They roughed him up and even answered his phone. It was egregious as hell

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Another one from Halo I caught on my replay. Halo 2's second Arbiter level features a segment where you fight heretics in a Banshee fighter. At the end of the segment a cutscene plays where Arbiter crashes the batnshee just short of the platform and has to climb up. This is an exact copy of the scene in the first game where Chief crashes his hijacked banshee just short of a platform.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Everlast is okay I guess, and House of Pain

Beastie Boys, motherfuckers.

People have a point that Tarantino's dialogue doesn't sound like how people really talk but god drat if it doesn't (mostly) work on screen. I think a lot of it has to with being on the front end of pop culture nostalgia before everything in the loving world was on YouTube and drawing inspiration from obscure poo poo that you had to have VHS copies of to even know about before that became cliche. For some reason his films are eminently quotable so it can't be all bad and just down wedging in the N word to where it feels edgy.

His movies are good more often than they're bad and, as someone else mentioned, usually having really great actors delivering the poo poo he writes helps a ton. Obviously these actors see something in his scripts they enjoy working with. gently caress the haters. Jimmy in Pulp Fiction is funny as hell and works fine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pretty please, with sugar on top... clean the loving car.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Quentin Tarantino writes his insert dialogue like Kevin Smith writes all dialogue

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Quentin Tarantino writes his insert dialogue like Kevin Smith writes all dialogue

His dressing down of Jules when they both show up to his place in Pulp Fiction is very poorly (or I guess awkwardly) acted.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Tarantino has moved on, and now hires Zoë Bell to be the one who can’t act in his films.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

People have a point that Tarantino's dialogue doesn't sound like how people really talk but god drat if it doesn't (mostly) work on screen. I think a lot of it has to with being on the front end of pop culture nostalgia before everything in the loving world was on YouTube and drawing inspiration from obscure poo poo that you had to have VHS copies of to even know about before that became cliche. For some reason his films are eminently quotable so it can't be all bad and just down wedging in the N word to where it feels edgy.

His movies are good more often than they're bad and, as someone else mentioned, usually having really great actors delivering the poo poo he writes helps a ton. Obviously these actors see something in his scripts they enjoy working with. gently caress the haters. Jimmy in Pulp Fiction is funny as hell and works fine.

It's not a fatal flaw but his part is still probably the worst part of the movie.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Given that Jurassic Park is implied to be part of the "real world" with people like Richard Kiley and Jimmy Fallon and companies like Verizon being featured, it gave me an interesting thought regarding the first movie. During the Dino DNA animation Hammond mentions how the music being used is a placeholder and he wants to get a proper theme song with fanfare. Who would be better to make a fanfare than John Williams? It's a funny bit of metafiction where the non-diagetic score could possibly exist in-universe.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They referenced Pirates of the Caribbean in the first movie so in that universe Disney probably was desperately trying to make dinosaurs for Animal Kingdom at some point.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Given that Jurassic Park is implied to be part of the "real world" with people like Richard Kiley and Jimmy Fallon and companies like Verizon being featured, it gave me an interesting thought regarding the first movie. During the Dino DNA animation Hammond mentions how the music being used is a placeholder and he wants to get a proper theme song with fanfare. Who would be better to make a fanfare than John Williams? It's a funny bit of metafiction where the non-diagetic score could possibly exist in-universe.

I suppose it's a lucky thing David Attenborough wasn't as well-known in 90's North America as he is now. Because if he had been, Crichton probably would have written him as the tour narrator rather than Richard Kiley, and then they couldn't very well have cast his older brother as John Hammond.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I don't know, that seems like just the thing that if it had happened would have made it into every "10 things you didn't know about Jurassic Park" there is and not caused much more of a stir.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BiggerBoat posted:

I wasn’t being serious. I mean I like the Beastie Boys.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My Lovely Horse posted:

I don't know, that seems like just the thing that if it had happened would have made it into every "10 things you didn't know about Jurassic Park" there is and not caused much more of a stir.

yea thatd been a cute detail

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Accordion Man posted:

They referenced Pirates of the Caribbean in the first movie so in that universe Disney probably was desperately trying to make dinosaurs for Animal Kingdom at some point.

In that universe, Animal Kingdom may never have been built. Dinosaur Kingdom would have been the way to go.

MGM Studios was pretty new when the movie came out.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

MichiganCubbie posted:

In that universe, Animal Kingdom may never have been built. Dinosaur Kingdom would have been the way to go.

MGM Studios was pretty new when the movie came out.

:confused: wasn't MGM Studios founded in the 1920’s?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
He means the theme park (It's also changed names since it opened): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/hollywood-studios/

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Accordion Man posted:

Oh man if they just stuck real dinosaurs into that super campy Dino Land section :allears:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, it's not an if. They definitely wanted a fantasy section to animal kingdom. The park still features dragons in some places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJbNZmPiNmQ

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
A Jurassic Park expanded universe story where Disney creates a "real" dragon for Beastly Kingdom by fusing dinosaur and pterosaur DNA which then precedes to break out and terrorize Disney World.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Oct 7, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wasn't that Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2? Rodan flies over the Magic Kingdom in that one.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Oct 7, 2019

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Kill Bill. No idea if this is intentional or not.

The Bride attacks all of the Vipers head on, on their turf. She even agrees to a knife fight with the knife expert.

But Budd? She tries to sneak attack him in his trailer in the middle of the night. Elle does the same thing. Tricking him into getting bit by a snake instead of attacking him head on.

Budd was a bad motherfucker, the most dangerous other than Bill and she knew it.

Fittingly, he was the one who came closest to killing her.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Kill Bill. No idea if this is intentional or not.

The Bride attacks all of the Vipers head on, on their turf. She even agrees to a knife fight with the knife expert.

But Budd? She tries to sneak attack him in his trailer in the middle of the night. Elle does the same thing. Tricking him into getting bit by a snake instead of attacking him head on.

Budd was a bad motherfucker, the most dangerous other than Bill and she knew it.

Fittingly, he was the one who came closest to killing her.

It's intentional, just not overt.

Bud had a goddamn Hanzo sword which means he really, really knew his poo poo.
Both Elle and Beatrix knew that they would probably get trounced if he was in good shape. Best not to chance it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Hang on, I thought The Bride was the knife expert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Memento posted:

Hang on, I thought The Bride was the knife expert?
Vernita was.