Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

MEANWHILE over in important land my brain is feverishly trying to work out "lore wise where does vauban's orbital strike come from???"

A defense satellite, firing at the target area through a wormhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Vaub tosses out a couple of balls into orbit on approach to every mission

Johnny Joestar posted:

jesus christ that ember rework looks fun and good

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

prefect posted:

What's the best way to go about killing 14 bad guys in a row while wall latching or wall jumping?

I used Ember, picked a low infested survival mission, went to a big room and turned on world on fire and jumped up and wall latched, then jumped to a new spot and wall latched again and again until it was done. Took a few tries because there was a half inch wide ledge up on the wall that I would occasionally stand on which reset the clock. You don't have to stay in the same place as long as you don't count as standing on something, it's basically like that Lua spy jumping puzzle but with hands-free murder

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

showing an internal dev tool for creating kuva liches

kuva liches drop unique weapons that level above 30 and have innate damage types, do not give mastery
defeated kuva liches can be 'converted' to one of your followers, will behave like Fallout's Mysterious Stranger

kuva liches will exert influence on areas, defeating their forces will rank them up and lead you to how you kill them

you can donate kuva liches to your clan and a clanmate can take them, useful if you don't care about the weapon they have

Kuva liches are cool, and I like the grineer "undeath" aesthetic they got going. Like, they got vampires and ghouls and stuff, but it's not because of ancient evil magic, it's because they got the exact wrong message from the Michael Keaton movie Multiplicity and decided to run with it way too hard while slamming down Orokin life extension elixir.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Berke Negri posted:

MEANWHILE over in important land my brain is feverishly trying to work out "lore wise where does vauban's orbital strike come from???"

Archwing Wisp, duh

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I didn't feel like pubbing the survival gift of the lotus today only to watch them scatter to the winds. So I threw on Rhino, equipped just my brand spanking new tekko prime to level it up, and went to town. Wound up in the bottom of a pit with a steady stream of infested I got to feed to my razor fists. Was a pleasant way to burn down those ten minutes. 5/5, would recommend.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Berke Negri posted:

Vauban can open a tiny rift into a void pocket that has a laser satellite inside

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

same place as hydroid's cannons

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Berke Negri posted:

The orbital strikes are stored in the balls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

W H Y A R E T H E S E F O O L S S T I L L B R E A T H I N G M Y A I R ? ! ! !

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Same

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I got a Metal Gear Revengeance vibe from a lot of those personal antagonists, I hope they have one of them shouting about nanites.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the kuva lich thing sounds cool as gently caress. did they give any ETA on the whole railjack thing which, iirc, will include them? from what i remember the new war is slated for around christmas and i would assume we would need railjack to reach whatever's going on in that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

the kuva lich thing sounds cool as gently caress. did they give any ETA on the whole railjack thing which, iirc, will include them? from what i remember the new war is slated for around christmas and i would assume we would need railjack to reach whatever's going on in that.

I think it's railjack this year new war next year iirc

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

rail jack is ~This Fall (which were now in with no release date) and new war is ~This Christmas

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they said railjack will be coming in 3 phases. the first part which sounds like its just being able to build the drydock should be like this month

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Then maybe kuva liches or the new war, then the second installment next year.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Holy gently caress that Ember change looks good, I love Ember and I'm so glad I'll be able to use her outside of gimmick poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Maybe I'll put a potato in my Ember Prime now

Ember Normal was one of the earlier frames I potatoed (rather than get form a giveaway with a potato in it, that Frost Prime from twitch got me pretty far) and it was a real :( moment when I finally got her prime recently and just... leveled her to 30 and put her in the closet because she was Bad.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ember Prime is probably my favorite frame so here's hoping the rework makes her viable in higher level stuff.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lets all take a moment of silence for the tallgeese afk ember

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Ember, Vauban and the Titania stuff all look great, very excited to see what that actually feels like when built out in different directions and when used in real missions.
Also curious to see what the halloween zealot prelate survival(?) they hinted at will be. And which kitty i'll send out to get bitten by vampirekavat.

Awesome! posted:

nah let's not

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Price check advice please.

I managed to unveil myself a Rubico riven. Right now its attributes are total trash. It has yet to be rolled.

How much should it go for? And, is it ever worth putting a few rolls into it myself in hopes of value adding? Or is that a fool's errand, and am I better off selling it unrolled at a premium?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unrolled is often your best bet unless you want to sink a ridiculous number of rolls and kuva into it to get a god-roll

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Phobophilia posted:

How much should it go for? And, is it ever worth putting a few rolls into it myself in hopes of value adding? Or is that a fool's errand, and am I better off selling it unrolled at a premium?

You inexplicably beat the one-in-50-billion odds and won a million dollars in the lottery. The next jackpot is ten million, though. Do you buy one million lotto tickets?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
When you look at it, Rerolling a good riven is the only way to convert Kuva into platinum, but only if it hits an acceptable combo of mods, this could happen after spending 1 roll or losing hundreds of thousands of kuva on +zoom +infested damage -multishot rolls.

You can take the guaranteed 900ish for a unrolled rubico or if you've done plenty of resource boosted kuva missions over time, bet it all on hitting a +damage +damage +damage -ignorable negative roll and 10x that money.

Alternatively buy 900 plat worth of veiled rifle rivens and try to hit some valuable ones.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Awesome! posted:

i'm going to piss on its corpse, actually

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Why are so many whinebabies vocally leaving Warframe? Like, my Youtube suggestions are slathered with dinks with British and New Zealander accents whinging on about Warframe, like, just take a break if it's not interesting, you clickbaiting sadsacks.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

As a noob, can somebody tell me what this afk ember thing is?

Could you literally just have Homer's typing bird and ??? 4. PROFIT?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

As a noob, can somebody tell me what this afk ember thing is?

Could you literally just have Homer's typing bird and ??? 4. PROFIT?
World on Fire was a channel. You turned it on and then it did its work until you ran out of energy.

EDIT: I think it still is, right now

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

Why are so many whinebabies vocally leaving Warframe? Like, my Youtube suggestions are slathered with dinks with British and New Zealander accents whinging on about Warframe, like, just take a break if it's not interesting, you clickbaiting sadsacks.

Warframe is a pretty poor platform for someone trying to run a YouTube / Twitch channel around. It's just not very engaging for viewers because the gameplay loop is...more farming. So once you've made your "first impressions and build" video, you gotta get creative to seek out more views. This ties in to DEs release schedule shift from small bite sized content drops frequently, to one or two massive updates per year. The content drought doesnt bother a new player, they've got lots to do, a veteran like me will just take a break, but youtubers like to get dramatic because they tried to make a career out of the game.

The gamespot interview posted a couple days ago actually brought some interesting perspective on the issue from DE. Rebecca in particular talked about the frustration of viewer metrics and streaming becoming the industry accepted meter for how healthy a game is. This tying into the need for bigger and flashier presentations to boost numbers over the previous year.

I dont blame the streamers for getting frustrated at a lack of things to show off, I'd love new stuff too, but I dont want the devs to kill themselves in endless crunch. Like Steve talked about, the more you give players, the more they want, and the harder you have to work to exceed expectations. It's tough :shrug:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Avynte posted:

Warframe is a pretty poor platform for someone trying to run a YouTube / Twitch channel around. It's just not very engaging for viewers because the gameplay loop is...more farming. So once you've made your "first impressions and build" video, you gotta get creative to seek out more views. This ties in to DEs release schedule shift from small bite sized content drops frequently, to one or two massive updates per year. The content drought doesnt bother a new player, they've got lots to do, a veteran like me will just take a break, but youtubers like to get dramatic because they tried to make a career out of the game.

The gamespot interview posted a couple days ago actually brought some interesting perspective on the issue from DE. Rebecca in particular talked about the frustration of viewer metrics and streaming becoming the industry accepted meter for how healthy a game is. This tying into the need for bigger and flashier presentations to boost numbers over the previous year.

I dont blame the streamers for getting frustrated at a lack of things to show off, I'd love new stuff too, but I dont want the devs to kill themselves in endless crunch. Like Steve talked about, the more you give players, the more they want, and the harder you have to work to exceed expectations. It's tough :shrug:

btw one "simple" thing to fix that would be a viable PvP system, because that's usually more interesing than farming

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Something I'd love to see is a challenge mode, fluff it as a Cephalon obsessed with historical battles. Set mission layouts, set frame/weapon loadouts. Make it a time trial.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Before i played warframe i watched some twitch streams of it and it looked absolutely awful because the mission flow is a undiscernable blur and you have no context or investment into the goals of the player. It actually kept me away from the game for a long time.

There's games where playing them makes me want to watch someone else doing impressive or competitive level stuff that i don't have the nerve or time for. Then there's games where watching them makes me want to play it for myself instead. Warframe is one of the most extreme cases of the latter for me - it's so much about personal goals or tinkering with your own fashion or mod setups, and none of the great feeling of controlling the fast paced combat translates through a stream, i still can't summon a lot of fascination for someone elses gameplay.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

btw one "simple" thing to fix that would be a viable PvP system, because that's usually more interesing than farming

What's your in game and no I'm not asking so we can ban this sick filth from the clan

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

WebDO posted:

What's your in game and no I'm not asking so we can ban this sick filth from the clan

I was being facetious

the real simple fix would be to reduce movement by 50% and disable bullet jumping, like posted by RoadCrewWorker :)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Goa Tse-tung posted:

reduce movement by 50% and disable bullet jumping
okay now i want your in-clan name specifically to request a ban or three for this repulsive monstrosity

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Screaming Idiot posted:

A game that's running for 5 years has a constant stream of people coming and going (and 'going' is usually more dramatic). Hell, I'd consider myself a pretty active player and I think I've had at least one stretch of not playing for a year. And as mentioned, this game isn't very friendly to the youtube/twitch shouty man demographic. In addition to it just not producing good footage, these guys are the same bucket that produces 10 years of shouting about how every player-friendly change in WOW is their own personal Vietnam, and so a game that is really designed to be a sort of casual flow of farting around isn't for them.

The other piece of the puzzle is Youtube suggestions. Youtube's algorithm is hateful. It's most obvious with queer content, where watching anything from a queer person about their experiences will almost inevitably populate your suggestions with hyper-homophobic propaganda. Less overtly political, I've found that if I watch any video about Steven Universe, the #1 suggested "next video" is, 9 times out of 10, a multi-hour rant about how the show is the downfall of western civilization (even after I've done what little I can on Youtube to deprioritize the video). If you search for just about any topic on Youtube, the suggestions will bias very heavily towards its detractors. If you're looking for criticism specifically it can be quite good, but you're absolutely not going to get a balanced perspective from their suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RoadCrewWorker posted:

okay now i want your in-clan name specifically to request a ban or three for this repulsive monstrosity

oh cmon, ok lets compromise, you can use a slow version of the K-Drive between objectives, but no tricks!