Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Hm. My dad always hated pets, thus my siblings and I never had a dog or cat, just various small critters we could keep in cages or aquariums.

Then we all grew up and suddenly he bought his grandkids a puppy and now he loves the poo poo out of that dog. I mean we all do but I don't know what the gently caress happened. I guess I should just be happy he disqualified himself from being a complete Trumpish narcissist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

While I'm 95% sure The Great Mattering us upon us, we're still at the mercy of Nancy Pelosi. It's completely up to her if there's an impeachment vote. She wasn't in any hurry to open the inquiry and she doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get a floor vote.

It's not so much Pelosi that worries me. It's that Trump's base isn't going to change their opinion no matter what, and I don't have faith in that other 20% of the country that voted for him to do anything meaningful about it either when it comes time to vote.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Phobic Nest posted:

Hm. My dad always hated pets, thus my siblings and I never had a dog or cat, just various small critters we could keep in cages or aquariums.

Then we all grew up and suddenly he bought his grandkids a puppy and now he loves the poo poo out of that dog. I mean we all do but I don't know what the gently caress happened. I guess I should just be happy he disqualified himself from being a complete Trumpish narcissist.

“Middle aged dad becomes closest family member to pet he was vehemently opposed to getting” is a trope for a reason my friend.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

While I'm 95% sure The Great Mattering us upon us, we're still at the mercy of Nancy Pelosi. It's completely up to her if there's an impeachment vote. She wasn't in any hurry to open the inquiry and she doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get a floor vote.

Why should she be in a rush, now that things are starting to shake loose they need to give it some time to gain momentum. Give the public time to shift more. More time for the Senate to feel the heat more time for Trump to confess to more crimes and more time for the Republicans to get sick and tired of him trashing the whatever narrative they are trying to build before they even begin to start using it.

Plus every time the Republicans whine about some sort of process thing or demand that she takes a vote or whatever and she just ignores them it demonstrates her power and their impotence and makes them look weak. And there is nothing more damaging to an authoritarian than looking weak.

She has the power position right now, she has the support of her caucus and she has command of the media attention and now she has the support of the electorate.

This is exactly what she needed to cause maximum damage to Trump and the GOP. She kept her powder dry and waited until she found the right moment to strike and he gave it to her and then he hosed up and keeps loving up.

There is no reason for her to rush to hand this over to the Republicans in the Senate.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dapper_Swindler posted:

aww, love ardwolves.

https://twitter.com/DanEggenWPost/status/1180299940481949696

ehh. that wasn't that bad of post.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1180261971687546881

this however, is arguing like a conservative. like i can rationalize not agreeing/trusting the russia/mueller stuff. but jesus.

Greenwald is garbage and so is anyone who still defends this trash.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

"The Steve Miller Bad"

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
I have no idea who this guy is

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1179932368725041152

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1180264205347442689

but that's just a couple of conspiracy tweets that trump retweeted and there was more between those two tweets

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180322962412576768

lol

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1180261971687546881

this however, is arguing like a conservative. like i can rationalize not agreeing/trusting the russia/mueller stuff. but jesus.

There's a reason why Greenwald's opinion on most anything not involving Brazil is utter poo poo. He's not on Tucker by mistake.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

I ain't clicking on those shrunken heads.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180329058862866432

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Trump leans back in his chair and nods to himself. "So much winning!"

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

BrandorKP posted:

I know there is a lot of hate for the times, but this one is worth a read.

In the Land of Self-Defeat https://nyti.ms/2IpVNmd

This was a good article, but I'm really angry and depressed now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evilweasel posted:

you know people in these places whine that big city liberals look down on them and I’m just like OF COURSE WE DO HOW COULD WE NOT

Dude these people never had a chance.

Yeah there are racists, yeah there are just dipshit local tyrants, but the vast majority of the people in these communities are victims of their circumstances.

Whatever the root causes are, these are people born into a poo poo situation where they were never offered an alternative. The local systems never worked, the idea of college was either a pipe dream (in the 80s/90s) or a scam today, and they were fed total complete bullshit from the media.

Yes they're racist, yes they're misinformed, yes they vote against their own interest, but we have to believe that these problems can be fixed. Or else all these towns are just going to die, and they're going to vote this country into a poo poo hole on the way down.

I don't know where this is going. Yeah, it's easy to spit on people from rural areas for their actions, and I get it. But I've also worked in these communities. And I've seen these horrific parents bringing in their kids. Kid hasn't done anything wrong, just wasn't born in the right zip code. And then you look at the parents and realize that kid is hosed.

As long as these regions have outsized representation through the senate and house, we can't just look down on them as much as we need to drag them into modernity, kicking and screaming need be. The next democractic president, when they have the power, needs to invest shitzillions of dollars in these areas, and go out of their way to make sure the residents know who did it. Or else the last two people living in these places will vote for each other for senate and we'll be stuck with them.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

It's not the worst point I've heard.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This post just makes me further wonder why dem tax plan messaging hasn’t focused on hard, relatable numbers. E.g.

People making under $50k will see a 20% increase in take-home pay; people making over $1MM per year will see a 10% reduction

Because its just a new version of economic anxiety bullshit, which just like their abortion narrative, is completely fake and trying to be cover for them being ghouls.

They're racist shitbags who mythologized not being bad people.

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

That NY Times article describes perfectly why these people are beyond redemption. Jfc lol what loving garbage humans

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

What an exhausting rear end in a top hat. It's really too bad he never mouthed off to the wrong person.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

A junior retweet:

https://twitter.com/CaliforniaPanda/status/1180293760137269248

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

pacerhimself posted:

What an exhausting rear end in a top hat. It's really too bad he never mouthed off to the wrong person.

Yeah I was thinking about this earlier, how he just kept talking so much poo poo at the Republican debates. If Jeb or Ted or whoever just confronted him, really got in his face or even threatened to punch him, Trump would never have gotten this far. Everyone remembers when Jeb slinked back like a beaten dog when Trump refused to apologize, “little Marco,” “lying Ted.” Imagine if one of them had just clocked him- they might be President right now.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude these people never had a chance.

Yeah there are racists, yeah there are just dipshit local tyrants, but the vast majority of the people in these communities are victims of their circumstances.

Whatever the root causes are, these are people born into a poo poo situation where they were never offered an alternative. The local systems never worked, the idea of college was either a pipe dream (in the 80s/90s) or a scam today, and they were fed total complete bullshit from the media.

Yes they're racist, yes they're misinformed, yes they vote against their own interest, but we have to believe that these problems can be fixed. Or else all these towns are just going to die, and they're going to vote this country into a poo poo hole on the way down.

I don't know where this is going. Yeah, it's easy to spit on people from rural areas for their actions, and I get it. But I've also worked in these communities. And I've seen these horrific parents bringing in their kids. Kid hasn't done anything wrong, just wasn't born in the right zip code. And then you look at the parents and realize that kid is hosed.

As long as these regions have outsized representation through the senate and house, we can't just look down on them as much as we need to drag them into modernity, kicking and screaming need be. The next democractic president, when they have the power, needs to invest shitzillions of dollars in these areas, and go out of their way to make sure the residents know who did it. Or else the last two people living in these places will vote for each other for senate and we'll be stuck with them.
We're going to help them but it will never be with their consent it seems.

Be Good anyway.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Some of these places exsist for no reason. In Washington it was the old logging towns. The industry has been gone for a generation but just like the coal miners they opine for a time that never really happened they way it is remembered.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

simple. sunk cost, we are way to deep for pelosi to just give up and quite on it. it will go to the floor at somepoint.

Taerkar posted:

There's a reason why Greenwald's opinion on most anything not involving Brazil is utter poo poo. He's not on Tucker by mistake.

i guess my question is. why is he so great when dealing with brazils facists and not americas. like yeah, i get that IC/centrist dems suck but like i trust them over loving nazis and an orange fascist oaf.

pacerhimself posted:

his weird catty passive aggressive/sarcastic "too bad" is the worst. he sound like bratty kid.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180334708175130624

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bird cooch posted:

Some of these places exsist for no reason. In Washington it was the old logging towns. The industry has been gone for a generation but just like the coal miners they opine for a time that never really happened they way it is remembered.

Yeah but if you're talking about cities that exist for no reason then like why does Atlanta exist? Because two railroads crossed there 2 centuries ago?

These towns can change. They can do different things. Asheville as recently as the early nineties was a complete poo poo hole. Now it's basically hipster/liberal Valhalla and we make the best goddamn beer in the world (don't @ me just deal with it).

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1180301060436631552?s=19

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i guess my question is. why is he so great when dealing with brazils facists and not americas. like yeah, i get that IC/centrist dems suck but like i trust them over loving nazis and an orange fascist oaf.

Typical libertarian "Thing is only terrible when it affects me directly" mentality

FizFashizzle posted:

These towns can change. They can do different things. Asheville as recently as the early nineties was a complete poo poo hole. Now it's basically hipster/liberal Valhalla and we make the best goddamn beer in the world (don't @ me just deal with it).
So no real change then. :v:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but if you're talking about cities that exist for no reason then like why does Atlanta exist? Because two railroads crossed there 2 centuries ago?

My SIL is a professor there and she loves it but decrys how small it is in reality. I live in a college town as well and I have a fine time, but the old cattle towns in the country side only to write speeding tickets and breed miserable people. They aren't farming or ranching. Just demanding that the world change for them and that everyone have it as bad as they do. My family came from the boonies but even going back out that way is just hostile.

I was out looking for an old family farm and was just met with desolation and depression.

And Trump signs. Lots of trump signs.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I think public hearings help drive support for impeachment, so I wonder when there's going to be another one and who with.

Personally I would like to see:

1) The Inspector General
2) The Whistleblower
3) Pompeo
4) Giuliani
5) Pence
6) Bar

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Good news, everyone!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180340705308413952

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

RuanGacho posted:

We're going to help them but it will never be with their consent it seems.

Be Good anyway.

Nah. gently caress them. Balkanize the US. Let them have their White Theocracy, so we can laugh when it inevitably crumbles.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
After two weeks of zero republican messaging it's kinda quaint to see em pop back up all, 'hey guys we got some cheap talking points we didn't accidentally send to pelosi!'

bird cooch posted:

My SIL is a professor there and she loves it but decrys how small it is in reality. I live in a college town as well and I have a fine time, but the old cattle towns in the country side only to write speeding tickets and breed miserable people. They aren't farming or ranching. Just demanding that the world change for them and that everyone have it as bad as they do. My family came from the boonies but even going back out that way is just hostile.

I was out looking for an old family farm and was just met with desolation and depression.

And Trump signs. Lots of trump signs.

I've spent a lot of time in extremely rural areas and yeah that's basically how they are. It's a bunch of mostly older people who are bitter and angry, hate change, are xenophobic etc. If they're younger, eg under 40, they're usually there essentially by choice because they consider it a plus to get to raise their children in some all-white bubble with no urban or cosmopolitan issues to consider. Generally no one is educated, maybe they have some highschool, but their highschools were horrible and 30 years of consuming fox hasn't helped.

It's sad because then there's a legit 15-30% of people who just want out but are tied down because of finances or aging family or they're taking care of the kids of a relative who is awol on drugs or whatever. It's bleak af.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 5, 2019

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Ither posted:

Nah. gently caress them. Balkanize the US. Let them have their White Theocracy, so we can laugh when it inevitably crumbles.

I feel you, but we're going to have plenty if we dont succumb to eco-fascism

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Amazing Zimmo posted:

but that's just a couple of conspiracy tweets that trump retweeted and there was more between those two tweets

I'm surprised even a single Republican still does town halls.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jesus CHRIST go to bed you old suppurating rear end in a top hat.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I have no idea who this guy is

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1179932368725041152

Interesting that since as far back as Trump's election he has been pushing the idea that Obama has been putting cameras in his microwave, seeding fake protestors, fake voters, training Deep State agents to act against him yet isn't he having him arrested or investigated or... uhhh, anything? His supporters can't be afraid that leftists and liberals would retaliate because they're all soft soy boys and so on.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

For years Trump's whole deal was that Obama, Clinton, and the DNC colluded to try and keep him out of office, but they failed, so they created Russiagate

Interestingly he doesn't go after Obama very much anymore.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

bird cooch posted:

Loads of these places exist for no reason. A multi-state drive will see you taking a piss stop in all sorts of tiny settlements surrounding the long-defunct grain silos, or plastic bag factories, or dog food plants.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Estivel/status/1180342260136890368?s=20

This is all that needs to be said

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Otteration posted:

Ask the Magic 8-Ball
'This web page simulates the famous "Magic Eight Ball" toy, a registered trademark of Mattel Inc. The "Magic Eight Ball" trademark and various 8-Ball answers are used without permission of Mattel Inc. Mattel Inc. is in no way affiliated with this web page, or with its proprieter, or with the 8 ball Twitter bot with which we are also associated. The purported magical powers of the Online Magic Eight Ball are in no way meant to imply or insinuate that this program is in fact a supernatural oracle, and the author and publisher of this program will not be liable for poor lifestyle choices or snap decisions based on the advice of this amazing software. This oracle is not to be used while operating heavy machinery, especially while under the influence of alcohol, and/or sedatives. This software is not intended for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility or air traffic control installation, and the author and publisher hereby disclaim any express or implied warranties of fitness for such purpose. Use of this oracle is strictly forbidden to fans of the New York Yankees. Void where prohibited, taxed, or misconstrued. No children or animals were harmed in the making of this Magic 8 Ball. Any more questions? Contact The Owner.'

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball Magic 8-Ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmqeZl8OI2M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Ither posted:

I stand by my theory that a theocratic whites-only country is impossible as it would become an insane hotbed for religious terrorism overnight, where they’d kill themselves and each other over which way Jesus hung his toilet paper roll.