Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

justification for iphone se 2 isn't us, it's continuing to expand in china. chinese people want big screens.

whats the upper limit? i mean at some point the "phone" is actually an ipad mini with a phone number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

coke posted:

wrap it up

noticed they didn’t take any pics of sweaters :smug:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lady im seeing wants to buy an iphone se. whats the pro legit place
to do that now

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I have an se but I'm looking to eventually replace it before it stops getting ios updates (and the battery goes bad), what's a decent model if I don't care about getting the newest one?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I have an se but I'm looking to eventually replace it before it stops getting ios updates (and the battery goes bad), what's a decent model if I don't care about getting the newest one?

11 professional

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

coke posted:

wrap it up

is this real? i mean like did they actually blatantly show this at a keynote?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

go play outside Skyler posted:

did you not see pad fone?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

se2 next year
they ruined it but it's the best we'll get

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

se2 next year
they ruined it but it's the best we'll get

the se2 rumor seems to indicate it will be the same size as the 6/7/8, so just get the smaller 11 pro at that point

i'm glad i resigned myself to a hugephone lifestyle when i got my 7 and didn't hold out hope for apple making another an actually human hand sized phone. i've had plenty of time to practice the little phone shimmy you have to do to actually reach all parts of the screen with a thumb

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i wonder when apple will make a phone with an integrated popsocket so people can actually hold their phones without dropping them

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

amateur hour is over. do airpods have office 365 integration? didnt think so

wait... those are supposed to go into your ears? lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i wonder when apple will make a phone with an integrated popsocket so people can actually hold their phones without dropping them

never. apple is all bout accessory sales to remediate design defects now

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
also it would be an accessibility accessory, with the wheelchair symbol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

the se2 rumor seems to indicate it will be the same size as the 6/7/8, so just get the smaller 11 pro at that point

i'm glad i resigned myself to a hugephone lifestyle when i got my 7 and didn't hold out hope for apple making another an actually human hand sized phone. i've had plenty of time to practice the little phone shimmy you have to do to actually reach all parts of the screen with a thumb

oh, gross. it's real dumb that the 11 pro excess max edition (not Max) is smaller than the slightly more affordable 11 regular edition (non-Max excess pro)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fuk u tim

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

tim doesn’t get it

ill probably get an 11 pro next fall to replace my 6s, because a true se x ain’t happening

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it’s an amazing coincidence that the five people in the world who want a smaller phone all post in this thread, but well here we are

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
loving god drat it apple why in christ would you kick off an iOS update while i am on the phone with someone

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that is some god drat microsoft-tier bullshit

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

lol

ufarn
May 30, 2009
the se 2 at least makes sense in that next year is when the se 1 stops getting ios updates

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Soricidus posted:

it’s an amazing coincidence that the five people in the world who want a smaller phone all post in this thread, but well here we are

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

oh, gross. it's real dumb that the 11 pro excess max edition (not Max) is smaller than the slightly more affordable 11 regular edition (non-Max excess pro)

i bought a pro not because i am really into iphone photography but because it's the smallest current gen phone apple sells

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

go play outside Skyler posted:

what's so hard to believe? apple lost technical leadership years ago

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i had to go to keyboard settings and turn dictation on and then off again to make that stupid microphone go away from my keyboard

my phone full on locked up the other day. even the clock was busted - it was reading about 10 minutes behind when everything completely locked up and I hard to hard boot it

there was something else dumb that it did but I can’t remember what

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49933003

You can do so much with apps these days :prepop:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-design/asos-design-faux-headphone-ear-piece-in-silver-tone/prd/13224139

lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

what's so hard to believe? apple lost technical leadership years ago

yes, if only apple had the technical leadership to send assassins to prevent the executives of a different company from showing cherry-picked examples of low-light photos at their own marketing presentation

ufarn
May 30, 2009
gonna shove chess pieces into my ear to show the apple fans

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

ufarn posted:

gonna shove chess pieces into my ear to show the apple fans

rookie mistake :xd:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

why the long... .. ??? whtaevr that is lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rjmccall posted:

yes, if only apple had the technical leadership to send assassins to prevent the executives of a different company from showing cherry-picked examples of low-light photos at their own marketing presentation

steve would have

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

they're turnin the frogs gay

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

turned gay by the design implications of timb's constantly increasing phone sizes, by chuck tingle

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

size queen

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

why the long... .. ??? whtaevr that is lol

proboscis