Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I dont read links.

Routh posted a pic on Instagram with himself and Tiny Clark in costume.

I don't either, it's in the quoted part of the post.

Edit: even if you don't read them, you should post the link to the instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Flplmly4b/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Routh is leaning sideways and still obviously taller than Tiny Clark, which is hilarious. I was gonna say something because I thought Routh was like 6'1"

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Rhyno posted:

I dont read links.

Routh posted a pic on Instagram with himself and Tiny Clark in costume.

It's in the quoted text in the post. You didn't even have to read the link.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"I don't read links" lol

yes I too like to watch people discuss something and not know what's going on

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Assuming they don't do a reverse of the famous Crisis cover and kill off Tiny Clark, I hope they use the crossover to give him the red underoos. Routh's suit has them and he's got them back in the comics now.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Blockhouse posted:

yes I too like to watch people discuss something and not know what's going on

Got me through High School.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Skwirl posted:

Assuming they don't do a reverse of the famous Crisis cover and kill off Tiny Clark, I hope they use the crossover to give him the red underoos. Routh's suit has them and he's got them back in the comics now.

I've been expecting the reverse of the famous cover since the first time Clark showed up on Supergirl but was clearly not going to be a regular character.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

muscles like this! posted:

Warner has ordered a pilot for a DMZ series for HBO Max. The odd thing about the article is that it looks like they're changing the focus of the story because this is how they describe it:

Which makes it sound like they're cutting the original male lead of neophyte reporter Matty Roth.

Is DMZ a better read than 100 Bullets or Y: The Last Man (never read it!)?

Didn't even know DMZ had fans...but I guess the Civil War angle is the draw, regardless of popularity.

Seems all these Vertigo adaptations are fated to be stuck in development hell or get turned on their head into something vaguely familiar...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

I've been expecting the reverse of the famous cover since the first time Clark showed up on Supergirl but was clearly not going to be a regular character.

Thinking about it more, they're absolutely gonna kill Tiny Clark. Someone at least kinda important has to die and they aren't killing any of the leads, and killing another Black Canary would be old hat at this point.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Thinking about it more, they're absolutely gonna kill Tiny Clark. Someone at least kinda important has to die and they aren't killing any of the leads, and killing another Black Canary would be old hat at this point.

Isn't Arrow ending?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Isn't Arrow ending?

Yes it is. I can see them killing Oliver plus the non tiny Superman’s

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Isn't Arrow ending?

Yeah, but the crossover happens well before the ending, and to be honest no one will care that much if they kill off Mr Terrific or Mad Dog.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but the crossover happens well before the ending, and to be honest no one will care that much if they kill off Mr Terrific or Mad Dog.

They're doing an abbreviated season of Arrow, the crossover is going to be like the penultimate episode of the series.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MoaM posted:

Seems all these Vertigo adaptations are fated to be stuck in development hell or get turned on their head into something vaguely familiar...
Transmetropolitan: the struggle of a young journalist in contemporary New York City dealing with her violent drug-addicted abusive boss.

Also was gonna make a joke about how the Sandman show will just have Rose as the protagonist, but not sure if that wouldn't actually work quite well.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

He's a big guy 💦💦

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

We already know Oliver is going to die. That's like his whole thing going into the Crisis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they're talking Canary spin-off, they're probably not going to be killing any of them off though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There were rumors that they were considering giving Hoechlin's Supes his own show :shrug:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Box of Bunnies posted:

He's a big guy 💦💦

For you.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

I see basically every non-Arrowverse character as potential deaths. I mean, what better way to raise the stakes than by killing a Superman, and I doubt there's a Smallville revival in the works...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

No one wants a Spider-verse situation, where beloved versions of characters we haven't seen in decades show up just to get horribly murdered.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

No one wants a Spider-verse situation, where beloved versions of characters we haven't seen in decades show up just to get horribly murdered.

Didnt they murder 90s Flash in the last crossover?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Didnt they murder 90s Flash in the last crossover?

The Monitor poofed him away, it's a little ambiguous if he died or not, but yeah he's probably dead.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

They better not murder Mad Dog!!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Renee is alive in Arrow Beyond so I think you’re good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

The Monitor poofed him away, it's a little ambiguous if he died or not, but yeah he's probably dead.

JWS is in COIE but we dont know which Flash he's playing.

Edit: there's some people in a FB group I'm in jumping up and down claiming Welling is suiting up for production on Monday.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 3, 2019

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Finally finally sitting down to binge Cloak & Dagger Season 2. Through the first 5 episodes. Saw the Leah heel turn coming. Which is surprising because normally I'm oblivious, but she telegraphed that one really hard.

It'll be a real tragedy when Marvel decides cancel this show. It's great.

Edit: Oh, guess if I knew more about C&D comics, I would've seen it coming faster.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 3, 2019

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Big time rumor, but worth posting imo https://www.cbr.com/nicolas-cage-superman-crisis-on-infinite-earths/

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
These are the first new shows DC Universe has ordered in over a year, so I genuinely have no idea what the strategy is vis-a-vis HBO Max anymore.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1179930202362777600

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
What's the general consensus on the Preacher show? I watched the first episode when it premiered and promptly forgot about the show entirely.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lester Shy posted:

What's the general consensus on the Preacher show? I watched the first episode when it premiered and promptly forgot about the show entirely.

First season was kinda weak, second season picks up and third season fires on all cylinders. They took the worst book plot line (the New Orleans vampire cult) and rewrote it into something really good.

Haven’t seen the final season yet so can’t comment.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I thought it was just the other way around: first season pretty good and remixes characters and plotlines from the comic in interesting ways, decent style too, second meanders away into nothingness. Haven't watched beyond that because I was lethally bored.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

I thought it was just the other way around: first season pretty good and remixes characters and plotlines from the comic in interesting ways, decent style too, second meanders away into nothingness. Haven't watched beyond that because I was lethally bored.

The first season took an entire season to do what the comics did in a single flashback issue.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The vampire cult is actually one of the best parts of the book.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Runaways s3 trailer from NYCC. Looks decent

https://youtu.be/5ReltA7xtbM

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

badjohny posted:

Any word on Cloak & Dagger? (Aside from appearing at the end of the trailer, natch).

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

badjohny posted:

Is the show good enough that I should now binge both seasons? Cause otherwise I'm just gonna watch that crossover.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I can't see how it'll be good, the parents were the most interesting part before and now they're all pod people.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So apparently Jeph Loeb hinted at NYCC that since Cloak & Dagger are showing up in Runaways S3 (and apparently they might be in more than one episode), the Runaways will show up in Cloak & Dagger season 3. Which obviously suggests there will be a season 3.

But at the same time Marvel TV is apparently shutting down Live Action stuff and just focusing on animation?

What does this all mean? Don't toy with me, Marvel!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

Is the show good enough that I should now binge both seasons? Cause otherwise I'm just gonna watch that crossover.

The first season is eh. You can get right into the second season and be fine, especially since it's much much better paced and not trying to be grounded or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Adrianne Palicki shows up as WW too. Why the gently caress not. GO FOR BROKE

Give us Nicholas Cage as Kal-El please.

Oh sweet god.