Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

What's a pog
A cross between a pug and a dog.

e: pog tax

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I will not be because I missed my train like a loving oaf.

Be there closer to half past now

You must've been REALLY late in order to be late enough you were running later than Abellio.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

baka kaba posted:

doesn't seem wrong, just getting "back to normal" would help his image, and being able to promise all the unicorns again while shaking the magic money tree will definitely win a lot of people over. so long as the election is quick, before all the bad stuff starts happening

Yeah but as was observed on the podcast, nobody wants the diet version. If you want mass increases in public spending you vote Labour, same as if you want to gently caress over foreigners you vote tory, no matter what the edstone says.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Vile fascist propaganda spotted at London Marylebone.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah but as was observed on the podcast, nobody wants the diet version. If you want mass increases in public spending you vote Labour, same as if you want to gently caress over foreigners you vote tory, no matter what the edstone says.

The Simpsons nailed this ages ago:

fake edit: Holy poo poo, this episode is twenty five years old

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Vlex posted:

Ealing off licence game is strong

I see your off licence and raise you a restaurant in Ramsgate. (Try the Zeppelin if you ever go there!)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The Simpsons nailed this ages ago:

fake edit: Holy poo poo, this episode is twenty five years old

I was watching the Futurama episode where Nixon gets elected, and the critism was that both party's were the same.

My god how things have changed....

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

RockyB posted:

:captainpop:

mehall posted:

You must've been REALLY late in order to be late enough you were running later than Abellio.

:discourse:

Message me on discord where you are, I’ll be there in less than five

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Sanitary Naptime posted:

:captainpop:

:discourse:

Message me on discord where you are, I’ll be there in less than five

Messaged on discord.

If anyone attending today *isn't* on discord lemme know

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Vlex posted:

I've been there!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol if she gets deselected her cult will go mad

https://twitter.com/bengoldacre/status/1180376792164634624

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Good

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

call me pessimistic but I can see Jess Phillips pulling in a huge crowd to vote her back in and then we'll never hear the end of it

Ms Adequate posted:

I didn't hear that on either of the two episodes of podcast that exist so behind :negative:

I'm not sure I buy it though, it's not so much that you go tory if you really want labour, but that it acts as a sweetener for people who'd rather vote tory anyway, and rehabilitation for Bohnson. He can sell the idea of look, I did it, everyone was sick of eternal brexit so I fixed that, now everything is going to be great thanks to us and here's some examples of our bright prosperous future :homebrew:

without brexit BXP will pretty much cease to exist, the tory party can start to unite itself again, and the lib dems will absolutely try and go into coalition with them. So long as there's calm before the brexit consequences hit I can see Johnson looking a lot better to people, plus he'll have something he can sell as a victory for once and do his excited puppy routine

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

RockyB posted:

Man, these notifications are getting more and more intrusive.

(Also, idgi)

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

AceOfFlames posted:

Man, these notifications are getting more and more intrusive.

(Also, idgi)

How did Italians get their train pain to disappear?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

How did Italians get their train pain to disappear?

Is this a WWII thing? Did they blow up a train?Drawing a blank here, I'm having an off day

Edit: Is it this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_massacre

If it is, did Duolingo intend to make a reference or was it an accident?

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 5, 2019

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

AceOfFlames posted:

Is this a WWII thing? Did they blow up a train?Drawing a blank here, I'm having an off day.

I mean it was proven untrue, but the saying goes:

The fascists may have done bad things, but at least they made the trains run on time.

(or something like that, my wording's prolly off)

e: VVVV a better informed person

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 5, 2019

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
The meme is that one of the common responses to the rise to power of Italian fascism was "well, at least the trains run on time"

It was a campaign promise, and they did improve some delays (by cutting services) but it's not like magically fascism=>trains on time

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Private Speech posted:

I mean it was proven untrue, but the saying goes:

The fascists may have done bad things, but at least they made the trains run on time.

(or something like that, my wording's prolly off)

:doh: I'm an idiot. I knew it was something obvious.

Or maybe it's because due to the times we live in, I no longer associate fascism with a specific country

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...ialflow_twitter

A US Ambassadors wife has killed a 19 year old lad in a car crash and despite telling the police they had no plans to leave the country they've disappeared back to the US and the US state department have just gone 'lol no' when the British government have asked for her to come back.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Obviously Boris isn't going to press this issue because if he did, we'd miss out on all of those glorious trade deals with the Yanks

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

A US Ambassadors wife has killed a 19 year old lad in a car crash and despite telling the police they had no plans to leave the country they've disappeared back to the US and the US state department have just gone 'lol no' when the British government have asked for her to come back.

Note that the UK ambassadorship is a plum political appointment in the US (because we are lapdogs who will do whatever America wants lmao so no reason to send anyone actually good), so she, or at least her husband, is Trumpist af.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

I was watching the Futurama episode where Nixon gets elected, and the critism was that both party's were the same.

My god how things have changed....

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Yup, it's a Mussolini reference. Or at least I interpreted it as one when I saw it, seems a bit edgy for an advert in a large British railway station.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/rear-window-making-italy-work-did-mussolini-really-get-the-trains-running-on-time-1367688.html

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

feedmegin posted:

Note that the UK ambassadorship is a plum political appointment in the US (because we are lapdogs who will do whatever America wants lmao so no reason to send anyone actually good), so she, or at least her husband, is Trumpist af.

It doesn't specify that it's the Ambassador's wife, just that it's the wife of a diplomat.
Also, she graduated in 1985, so unless she started college at, like, 13 years old, there's no chance she the "woman in her 40s" the police refer to

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 5, 2019

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I was already aware but poor Pilch was very tired when we recorded and I didn’t want to do him a damage :v:

It’s going to be full shite, and some look at political satire (and why liberalism makes it shite) as an episode has been floating about in my head since I seen it was coming back.

I get a raging hate-boner for most satire, so I will be keeping a watchful ear out!

#mixedmetaphor

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

kingturnip posted:

It doesn't specify that it's the Ambassador's wife, just that it's the wife of a diplomat.
Also, she graduated in 1985, so unless she started college at, like, 13 years old, there's no chance she the "woman in her 40s" the police refer to

Trumpites age really hard. Stephen Miller is like 34 and looks like a hard road 45.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-engla...ialflow_twitter

Huh. I didnt realise it was at RAF Croughton incidentally, I was literally on base there this time last week. They just reopened their bowling alley and were letting people bowl free to celebrate :3:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Vlex posted:

Where in Ealing is that?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Trumpites age really hard. Stephen Miller is like 34 and looks like a hard road 45.

Not looking to start a discussion on Ronald Dahl’s... difficult beliefs.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Awful people can be right sometimes, it's fine.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1180464578729320448

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I can totally imagine May’s resigned face through those ten minutes:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1180268847997292544

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 5, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I was already aware but poor Pilch was very tired when we recorded and I didn’t want to do him a damage :v:
I was already aware, that's why I felt the need to say it :v:

In other news, is anyone else going to see Corbs in Newcastle this evening?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
https://twitter.com/damiengayle/status/1180474119390928896?s=19

There's more on that tweet, cops are going after xr for crimes yet to be committed

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
A bunch of Green and Black Cross people are going to be very :smug: about XR finally finding out that the police aren't their friends.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DesperateDan posted:

https://twitter.com/damiengayle/status/1180474119390928896?s=19

There's more on that tweet, cops are going after xr for crimes yet to be committed

https://twitter.com/damiengayle/status/1180478168735633414?s=21

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Darth Walrus posted:

A bunch of Green and Black Cross people are going to be very :smug: about XR finally finding out that the police aren't their friends.

Extremely optimistic to think XR will actually learn anything from this.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Use of Weapons is really good, everyone should read it