Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Jesus christ this trainwreck is just amazing I cannot look away from it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Wark Say posted:

Like my legalese is weak as hell, but doesn't dismissed with prejudice basically means "You're done with this specific type of poo poo" so that means Mignogna and his team can't do the same poo poo anymore or else they face hefty fines down the road?

It means "This was dismissed based on the merits of the case, or the lack thereof. You cannot keep trying to sue for the exact same reason because that would be really dumb."

Dismissed without prejudice means "There was some procedural technicality making it so we can't proceed with this case, but feel free to correct the error and try again."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 5, 2019

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Oh! So now prejudice is GOOD? Lolbrals.:jerkbag:

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1180291229361299456

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/whipplemarc/status/1180334567821062146?s=21

:bang:

e:
https://twitter.com/kathryntewson/status/1180335530707275781?s=21

There's a non zero chance Vic doesn't know he's lost the case

Ignis fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 5, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ignis posted:

There's a non zero chance Vic doesn't know he's lost the case

Wait, didn't he have to attend the Mediation session?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, didn't he have to attend the Mediation session?

The mediation is separate from the dismissal.

Edit: The Judge dismissed a number of claims at the first hearing, sent them to mediation as a final olive branch, and then dismissed the rest of the claims today. Vic might not know about the latest developments post-mediation.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I bring you all a present:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

I bring you all a present:

So what you're saying is that this case is going to cost Vic an arm and a leg?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

What is the next thing after a galaxy brain

https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1180350325699616768

e: :ironicat:

https://twitter.com/WhippleMarc/status/1180345588010889216

Ignis fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 5, 2019

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

A page back but the dude in the pictured tweets really needs to get offline.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i feel bad for some of these kids because they clearly have turbodepression and got suckered into stupid internet bullshit. not that it makes it okay or anything but its hard for me to get much joy out of a 16 year old with 5 followers having a mental breakdown on twitter because hes been suckered into putting his self-worth into some culture war that nobody in the real world gives a poo poo about.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Agent Escalus posted:

That, and those who would not stop stalking/prodding/obsessing over Chris-chan/CWC after forums like ours banned that poo poo for obvious reasons. (That's where the name "Kiwi Farms" comes from, his mispronunciation of the (original) primary stalking site.)

this is astounding levels of tryharding

like if you find yourself this into something this dumb just kill yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

JMANTHEDUALBLAD

THRILLHO

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah i feel bad for some of these kids because they clearly have turbodepression and got suckered into stupid internet bullshit. not that it makes it okay or anything but its hard for me to get much joy out of a 16 year old with 5 followers having a mental breakdown on twitter because hes been suckered into putting his self-worth into some culture war that nobody in the real world gives a poo poo about.

Seeing his other posts about his "marketplace value" and stuff is some extremely sad poo poo and gives me some extreme future spree killer vibes and it's upsetting how our society causes this kind of behavior to manifest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Is there a fetish for men who like getting their balls stepped on but through legalese rather than actual CBT?

DO NOT SAY LAWYER

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

this is astounding levels of tryharding

like if you find yourself this into something this dumb just kill yourself

Sometimes there's this one series of videos about Chrischan that pop into my recs for some reason and it's like at least a 12 part documentary with each video being an hour long and it's like

get a fuckin' life

you're honestly the more pathetic one at this point

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Sometimes there's this one series of videos about Chrischan that pop into my recs for some reason and it's like at least a 12 part documentary with each video being an hour long and it's like

get a fuckin' life

These people are so obsessive that they at one point (probably still do) had some detailed page documenting every single piece of clothing they've ever seen CWC wear in videos, complete with timestamps, frequency, washed status etc.

They're extremely deranged.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

Is there a fetish for men who like getting their balls stepped on but through legalese rather than actual CBT?

DO NOT SAY LAWYER

this is a very specific kind of dom

ball stomping: yes

rape accusations: no

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

DO NOT SAY LAWYER

Phoenix Wright

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

get a fuckin' life

its funny that some mostly harmless weirdo posting his goofy sonic fancomic online led people to spend the next 15 years obsessing over him lol

like its onet hing to go 'lol' and its another to read his blog and go 'lol' its another to set up a chain of falseflag operations in order to try and gaslight him into developing further mental disorders for the crime of

being mildly weird to a gamestop employee once?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ibram Gaunt posted:

These people are so obsessive that they at one point (probably still do) had some detailed page documenting every single piece of clothing they've ever seen CWC wear in videos, complete with timestamps, frequency, washed status etc.

They're extremely deranged.

Yeah. The CWC-wiki, which is an arm of Kiwi Farms or gave birth to it itself, has everything you'd ever need to cyber-stalk an autistic woman and those who've already done.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

its funny that some mostly harmless weirdo posting his goofy sonic fancomic online led people to spend the next 15 years obsessing over him lol

like its onet hing to go 'lol' and its another to read his blog and go 'lol' its another to set up a chain of falseflag operations in order to try and gaslight him into developing further mental disorders for the crime of

It's the textbook example of why you never break the prime directive.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

get a fuckin' life

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's actually quite sympathetic to Chandler and instead chronicles how the culture around him went from toxic to incredibly toxic and essentially became harassers for hire. So, overlong, but not as horrific as it might be.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

even "look but don't touch" is bad when you're being an obsessive stalker, it's why mock threads are terrible and should be closed after a month at best

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

a cartoon duck posted:

even "look but don't touch" is bad when you're being an obsessive stalker, it's why mock threads are terrible and should be closed after a month at best

:agreed:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SoftNum posted:

It basically means "You aren't allowed to bring this tort back for these actions again."

Basically compare too: "You need to file somewhere else but I am not judging this on the merits of the case"

Clarste posted:

It means "This was dismissed based on the merits of the case, or the lack thereof. You cannot keep trying to sue for the exact same reason because that would be really dumb."

Dismissed without prejudice means "There was some procedural technicality making it so we can't proceed with this case, but feel free to correct the error and try again."
Got it, thank to you both for the clear-up. :)

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

#IstandwithVic...

...onacoldrainsplatteredstreetcornerholdingadirtystyrofoamcupandacardboardsignbeggingforchange

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Endorph posted:

Chris-chan sprayed a Gamestop employee with pepper spray because they 86'ed Chris for vandalizing merchandise all because Sonic the Hedgehog's arms were blue.

But they started Truman Show-ing Chris (to some honestly horrifying levels at times) years before that happened.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 5, 2019

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Chris is very much a prime example of how bad our social service system is. Chris' parents were clearly not equipped to deal with their mental problems and I guess they just fell through the cracks entirely after highschool and never got any real support.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/status/1180477237155520512

Toei sure is distancing themselves from Funimation and its voice actors, huh.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Vicstans are salty as gently caress, first yesterday and that birthday wish has them melting down. Even more so.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Lolol

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1180546443163160576?s=20

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sooo there will be no appeal lmao

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. The CWC-wiki, which is an arm of Kiwi Farms or gave birth to it itself, has everything you'd ever need to cyber-stalk an autistic woman and those who've already done.

are those the people who decided to document and nickname all of his shirts that he ever wore

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

That and aatrek

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Sooo there will be no appeal lmao

If they are smart, the only sort of appeal will be to of the court’s sanctions to try to limit the damages vic has to pay.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

flashbacks to prenda's appeal, for those unfamiliar:
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1180566127568707586

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

If they are smart, the only sort of appeal will be to of the court’s sanctions to try to limit the damages vic has to pay.

They'll open up another kickstarter for it, just wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

E the Shaggy posted:

They'll open up another kickstarter for it, just wait.

I don’t practice texas law, but I’m pretty sure the judge can take actions to prevent that if he sanctions them based upon the war chest in the first place. If he orders they personally pay and they fund raise again, he can sanction them again/hold them in contempt.