Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Crowetron posted:

Eraser is a film where Arnold Schwarzenegger fights an alligator after jumping out of an airplane trying to kill James Caan.

And quips "you're luggage" before he shoots it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Eraser loving rules.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

His 50/50 variation looks like some EZ patch day wins.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8muoTt3APVU
Well, looks like we are cutting up Arnold's likeness after all. I find some of these kind of hard to watch.

Oh, one of the skins is brown jacket / red shirt like Jack Slater.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 3, 2019

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm just glad there's some young arnie skins, i could've definitely seen some dumb mandate that they be all old as hell arnie to maximize Brand Synergy with dark fate

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Arnold having robot guts is super cool and really shows you the missed potential with characters like Geras

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm just glad there's some young arnie skins, i could've definitely seen some dumb mandate that they be all old as hell arnie to maximize Brand Synergy with dark fate

yeah I was thinking the same thing

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Zaphod42 posted:

Arnold having robot guts is super cool and really shows you the missed potential with characters like Geras

Frost sheds a single tear

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so what third variations are people liking? not even necessarily in a competitive sense, just in like a 'this character is way more fun with these moves' kind of way

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Kombat League is the only time I'm forced into using a tourney variation, so I rarely risk using the new ones, because KL is Serious Business. What's the best way to explore variations at one's leisure

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Frost hitting him with the Cyber Initiative feels hilariously redundant. :v:

Edit— I like how some of these fatalities straight up wouldn’t kill a Terminator :v:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 3, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Terminator Bug should have been metal. Can you do fatalities to the exoskeleton or does it just die? Does the exoskeleton become flesh arnold again if it wins the last round? so many questions

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Robot brain.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Robot brain.

baraka just taking a big ol' bite out of a bunch of wires and microships that shoot blood for some reason

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Xenomrph posted:

Frost hitting him with the Cyber Initiative feels hilariously redundant. :v:

Edit— I like how some of these fatalities straight up wouldn’t kill a Terminator :v:

That makes some of them even funnier to me, like Cassie kicking him in the balls so hard the endoskeleton pops out looking all pissed off

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Firstborn posted:

I find some of these kind of hard to watch.

It's because he's silent the whole time except for the gurgle from Noob's fatality, he's not making Arnold sounds during any of it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

It's because he's silent the whole time except for the gurgle from Noob's fatality, he's not making Arnold sounds during any of it.

arnie all groaning 'stahp it!' right before shao khan croquets his head and spine off

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wagb_CBhHmE

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

KungFu Grip posted:

baraka just taking a big ol' bite out of a bunch of wires and microships that shoot blood for some reason

The blood is coming from Baraka's gums

I thought about calling that out earlier, but honestly Baraka taking a bite out of a machine doesn't seem out of character at ALL

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

My favorite Terminator dialogue was one he has work Jade. He tells her that Johnny Cage has a code name for her.

Doris.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Greetings from New York Comic Con!

https://twitter.com/Gavin4L/status/1179846617333223424

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kotal got freed from bottom-tier character jail with the new patch so to celebrate I did up some combos on him showcasing the classics/the new stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OoYU_PWcxw

Also man Terminator is gonna be friggin bonkers. His damage is high, and even before you pick a variation hes gonna be a low/overhead 50-50 coin flip monster. Basically a MKX character in MK11.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
He has a 50-50, a command grab, a sprint, a teleport, a projectile....

Can't wait to see sonixfox dominate with him.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

terminate stance and killing machine are so flavorful and rad on top of his 50/50 kit. he may be a bit slow, but he is coming for that rear end. i love him

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

who wants a fight on ps4. come at me

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

PM me if you have the balls!!1! :jecht:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The Rat posted:

My favorite Terminator dialogue was one he has work Jade. He tells her that Johnny Cage has a code name for her.

Doris.

I didn't get that.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Samovar posted:

I didn't get that.

Watch "True Lies"

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

How do I reliably pull off Close, Far, and Very Far versions of abilities that have those options? Almost 700 hours in the game and I still can't get those inputs down. Is it something like holding down the last input that changes the range or what?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
700 hours? Jesus.

Anyway the secret is in inputing the last direction rapidly just as the move starts to execute. Some are more difficult to pull off than others.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Skarlet's new variation is ridiculously good. 340+ damage off her standard launcher for no meter. Almost 300 damage from a simple f43. Pressure for days and a completely safe damage amplifier in the corner that also decreases opponent damage. She's Kombat Krazy!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lozareth posted:

How do I reliably pull off Close, Far, and Very Far versions of abilities that have those options? Almost 700 hours in the game and I still can't get those inputs down. Is it something like holding down the last input that changes the range or what?

I just do the motion, hit the button, then hold the direction I want for the aim. Nothing complex.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lozareth posted:

I load up this game on a nearly daily basis and I'm still only just under 300 hours on Steam.

And yeah, that's basically it. You want a far version, hold forward immediately upon inputting the command. Want close, hold away.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Thanks, guys. Confirms the things I've been trying have at least been right but my fat, arthritic fingers are probably getting in the way and hitting too many other directional keys on the way to the one I want.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Firstborn posted:

In the trailer, after he turns into a full robot skelton, he does a few moves on Scorpion who is retreating. He ends with a huuuge backhand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N71d7BF1fZ4 - 2:33 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4412qz8-QfU - 1:38 or so in the trailer

One thing that's interesting is he seems to have a projectile blocker in addition to his regular block. Jax shoots projectiles at him and Terminator turns his back to him to block it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lozareth posted:

Thanks, guys. Confirms the things I've been trying have at least been right but my fat, arthritic fingers are probably getting in the way and hitting too many other directional keys on the way to the one I want.

I assume you are playing on pad. When you do the motion just take your thumb right off the pad, then hit the direction you want. If you are sliding your finger across the D-pad that is the enemy of precision. Might take you a second to get used to the concept but its easy enough in the end. Do motion, hit button, lift thumb up, then place thumb on desired direction, no fuss, no muss.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Walrus posted:

One thing that's interesting is he seems to have a projectile blocker in addition to his regular block. Jax shoots projectiles at him and Terminator turns his back to him to block it.

It's a projectile absorb, any number of hits over ~2-4 seconds I can't remember exactly how long but it's long and you can drop it early.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Cassie Cage kicking a pissed-off Terminator endoskeleton out of its skin sleeve had me cackling like a mad man.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Isn't Arnie supposed to be out today for KP havers?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Technowolf posted:

Isn't Arnie supposed to be out today for KP havers?

yes, at around 1 pm est from what I've heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thought it'd be earlier for some reason.