Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
What is the Exotic piece of armor most cool hunters are using these days?

I just unlocked the spazzing knives super and it feels OP. I like it. I almost always go Solar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/fuck_it_all___/status/1180284529191325696

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Highest Light on Xbox and PS4 is 960, which scores of fellas over 950.

Highest light on PC is 930.

I wonder if there's an exploit or if Bungie hosed something up. Also curious how anyone would get gear over 950 with only 3 total Pinnacles available right now (1x per character for getting 100k on a Nightfall Ordeal)

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Your artifact power is factored into your light level.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Daric posted:

Your artifact power is factored into your light level.

Yes, but not as displayed in the destinytracker leaderboards, which can only see the level of your gear, and not your artifact bonus.

These dudes are True 960 + Artifact Bonus

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pretty sure they do it by doing every bounty on every character, and also waiting to pick up stuff, like the armor pieces from the ranks. also turning in mats to vendors.

slayerage is 946 (+ whatever)

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 5, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ah, figured it out. DTracker was showing inflated values on each piece of gear. They're at 950 with +10 Artifacts after wall.

They also have found that the Pinnacle Reward for getting 100k on a Nightfall is capped at 950. Bug maybe!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mouzer posted:

Does anyone have the current link to Discord and the Ps4 clan invite? Looking to ditch my dead clan and join up with some goons

right in the first post dawg https://discord.gg/YgvuQaD

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

someone got the throwing knife already. 260 rpm scout haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gTjJBRy-x8

looks pretty awesome

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I actually really like the Cerberus+1 catalyst effect. It turns it into a very powerful automatic shotgun that takes primary ammo. Red bars get 1 shot. Probably not very good in PvP but I only play PvE anyway.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Roman posted:

mostly shard fodder but apparently there are some edge cases where Y2 and Y3 perks stack if you have mixed pieces, like you can Dynamo x3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASPhU8cwwLM

Having shotgun/fusion/sniper scavengers on arms, legs, and class item seems potentially good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The streamer tears over handcannons is pretty glorious. They're still fine, they're just not a catch all - at all ranges - which is pretty much how I've been playing since TLW came out anyway. I'm also hoping the raid tomorrow kicks off some more poo poo to do though. I know I grinded the gently caress outta stuff to hit just above 920 but they still could / should have had some more stuff to do I guess.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

actionjackson posted:

someone got the throwing knife already. 260 rpm scout haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gTjJBRy-x8

looks pretty awesome

I wonder how it looks on console. God the complete lack of recoil on pc always blows my mind when I see it in action. It’s a totally different game.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

BlindSite posted:

The streamer tears over handcannons is pretty glorious. They're still fine, they're just not a catch all - at all ranges - which is pretty much how I've been playing since TLW came out anyway. I'm also hoping the raid tomorrow kicks off some more poo poo to do though. I know I grinded the gently caress outta stuff to hit just above 920 but they still could / should have had some more stuff to do I guess.

There should be the dungeon and vex invasions in addition to the raid.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Paracelsus posted:

Having shotgun/fusion/sniper scavengers on arms, legs, and class item seems potentially good.

I couldn't find anything online yet, but I'm dying to try out light reactor on my y2 head/y3 class item and see if it does anything.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://twitter.com/SylBukato/status/1180431236508065792

:)

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Pretty cool of bungie to give me an exotic quest for the gun I already had

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
But it also made me realize that riskrunner is okay for hive, so it's impossible to say if it's good or baed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Riskrunner rips on the moon because of all the fallen. But yeah, I'm not sure what the purpose of that quest is. Maybe it's to introduce new players to the idea of exotics and exotics quests, but then why force everyone to do it?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
It also gives you the Riskrunner catalyst if you haven’t gotten it yet, which I hadn’t.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol yeah exciting yellow quest can’t wait to get the loot at the end ... what the heck?!?!!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I have a feeling it’s for new players as a guaranteed exotic easy way. It strangely only popped up on my secondary character. Since this game became free my son started playing it and I told him to do it because it’s a good deal.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Cool little detail I just noticed, the charms on my Every Waking Moment light up red when there’s Nightmares nearby. I haven’t tested it with the other moon weapons so I don’t know if it’s the same but that’s a neat feature.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

There's some vex offensive stuff now from Ikora but I don't think the first mission is available until after the raid is completed.

Hope the pulse rifle is solid.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I unlocked the forges! For some reason every fourth or so battery chuck either bounces off the forge or passes through lmao. But I guess that’s less of an issue when the Warden kicks my butt

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
The balls can bounce off the vertical bars on the forge. You have to hit in between them. It’s easier on the Bergusia forge where they’re mostly laying down.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Highest Light on Xbox and PS4 is 960, which scores of fellas over 950.

Highest light on PC is 930.

I wonder if there's an exploit or if Bungie hosed something up. Also curious how anyone would get gear over 950 with only 3 total Pinnacles available right now (1x per character for getting 100k on a Nightfall Ordeal)

PC was down for a long time day one due to the steam migration.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They really should’ve made the vex goo anything but cum colored

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Calaveron posted:

They really should’ve made the vex goo anything but cum colored

Dril no tweet

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

actionjackson posted:

There's some vex offensive stuff now from Ikora but I don't think the first mission is available until after the raid is completed.

Hope the pulse rifle is solid.

nah i think you just have to kill the really big boy at a vex event

I climbed the stairs to the black garden and holy poo poo this place owns for moon bounties

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
also using catalysted sunshot in the replayable shadowkeep mission let's you finish out hand cannon kills with a single shot to a thrall in the tank area

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/sXQZqwz.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/NSmZnuz.gifv

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

nah i think you just have to kill the really big boy at a vex event

I climbed the stairs to the black garden and holy poo poo this place owns for moon bounties

so how do you do the "eyes on the moon" part or whatever to unlock all the other stuff

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure it's the vex event

I couldn't find the name it referenced anywhere either but I just followed the lightning on the moon

Three big minotaurs and then a big Hydra that can run away

I think there were four of us there and we barely killed it with 30 seconds left

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Legs Benedict posted:

yeah its in the first post

Its not though. The link to the multiplatform one is expired and only snek is mentioned.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I got the Vex Offensive start quest. There are 3 warp gate areas. You can check the map to see which location is flashing. Head to that area, kill some vex/gate lords and you unlock the activity proper.

In Vex Offensive, you kill shiny vex, they drop laser brains which you kill oracles with. You do that 3 times and then a boss spawns, and you do the same thing to drop his shield and kill him.

edit: got a pulse rifle, hand cannon and 2 pairs of pants from the one run.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You don’t have to look for flashes, they happen in all 3 areas. It’s the taken invasions from D1, except with vex.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I buy the expansion and then need to buy a season pass to actually play an entire mode in this expansion I already paid for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Which expansion did you buy and which mode are you trying to play