Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i also saw Joker and i thought it was fantastic, that's my hot take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The 7th Guest posted:

only good thing about avengers game so far

Wow they really upped the budget for Pirate Warriors 4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This weekend I will still be playing World of Warcraft Classic but I'll be grinding on skellingtons in the Plaguelands so it will still be extra spoopy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

My friends have told me that Joker is really shallow and doesn't really do anything but the sets are loving amazing, and that's why i'm going to go see it so

sidney lumet gotham city mother fucker

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow they really upped the budget for Pirate Warriors 4

I'm so glad that One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 is actually coming though, 3's one of my favorite Warriors games already, I'd buy it even if all they do is add more characters and levels, the adventure mode and story mode stuff was already super good.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Having a bit of a rough night but this pic cheered me up a lot, thought I should post it here

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Cermrnl/status/1180123048709517312

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Having a bit of a rough night but this pic cheered me up a lot, thought I should post it here

well I made it this long in my life without getting doxxed. thanks a lot.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

scariest gaming moment of october so far, realizing that I'm pretty good at call of duty mobile...

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I still haven't forgiven Little Big Planet for having a name so similar to Little Big Adventure making me think a new LBA was coming out when it was announced

I

Was so

Excited

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

Joker is extremely good

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I heard the movie features a society, that he lives in

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm expecting to see Joker, think it was pretty neat, then pray that we can also finally be done with the million brokebrain paranoiac pieces about it soon.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Joker is a weird film because i don't think it deserved all the turmoil/hype (especially after seeing it) but still think it's one of the most interesting comic based movies ever made

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

starting to feel like Joker isn't the only person to get 'damaged' tattooed on their forehead

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't really care about Joker or comic book movies but I think Jaoquin Phoenix is one of the greatest living actors and so would probably see him in anything.

BTW if you liked his performance itm you should really see Lynne Ramsay's You Were Never Really Here.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
IS there a thread I missed for that Gundam Battle Operation 2 f2p play? It’s kind of fun; it plays like a real chunky war shooter which is nice. I’m like 2 days in so I don’t know how crazy the gotcha stuff gets. Everything has this heavy mecha feel so you have to be more deliberate with your actions, which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but getting to learn some of the piloting tricks and commands makes you feel like you’re exploiting your knowledge of the machine, just like an anime character!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Don't really care about Joker or comic book movies but I think Jaoquin Phoenix is one of the greatest living actors and so would probably see him in anything.

BTW if you liked his performance itm you should really see Lynne Ramsay's You Were Never Really Here.

Saw it and I liked it quite a bit, but Joker feels like that character + gladiator + johnny cash all rolled into one thing without any sort of protagonist. It's pure unhinged Phoenix.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

homeless snail posted:

scariest gaming moment of october so far, realizing that I'm pretty good at call of duty mobile...

Here's another secret: you're playing bots until level 10

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This is in-loving-sane in terms of graphics. Seriously just pause it at random times during the video and look around the scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2_zzQi7bQ

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jay Rust posted:

it cheered me up to friendo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

This is in-loving-sane in terms of graphics. Seriously just pause it at random times during the video and look around the scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2_zzQi7bQ

Flight Sim X is one of my favorite simulators ever, so I am really excited for this one.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I hope the fact that it comes to Xbone means there will be an "easy mode" where you just press the right trigger on your gamepad and fly off. Just a chill flying game without all the intricate realism.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

Near the end of the video there was a sequence where I thought, "Mhm, they probably shouldn't splice in real world footage in with the game footage", and then the camera snaps around the plane and I'm like "whaaaaaaaaaaat"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The official Rugby World Cup twitter posted about Goose Game :allears:

https://twitter.com/rugbyworldcup/status/1180210982699687936

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/theSirToasty/status/1180289675656871936

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9EmWu9j4c

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Here's another secret: you're playing bots until level 10
destroyed...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watching some GDQx videos and Spark the Electric Jester 2 is Sonic Adventure 2 as hell and I love it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:eyepop:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've fallen down a slay the spire hole from which there may be no escape.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

I've fallen down a slay the spire hole from which there may be no escape.

Is the new character out of beta yet?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I finished Control the other day. The combat is decent but fights usually end too quickly and it never has the chance to properly develop, especially with the special enemy types that can kill you in two hits early on which coupled with the Souls-style checkpointing makes for a miserable experience during the handful of difficulty spikes it has. There's also no real point in investing in the other weapons or abilities the game gives you since starting pistol/telekinesis/flying is all you really need. Writing is decent for this type of game but it abruptly ends and as is the case with almost every AA/AAA game the entire thing is a cynical set-up for a franchise with a sequel that's still 5+ years away. Environments are pretty drab gray/rectangular office spaces and it never really goes beyond that which I'm going to assume was partly a budget thing since Remedy is a small studio and they don't have Microsoft's funding anymore.
I did most of the side missions and coupled with the main story it must've taken around 10 hours. I spent today mopping up the few side quests I had left and it was mostly pixel hunts where I had to find objects and interact with them in what was obvious padding to make the game slightly longer. The post-game is a joke with nothing to do outside a bonus boss and no unlockables (not even difficulties) to speak of outside a handful of outfits.

I don't know, outside the fancy destruction effects it felt like something out the Batman Arkham Asylum/Darksiders era with how extremely barebones it was for a 60 dollar game released this generation.

GUI fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 5, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its a shame that Shadow Hearts got pretty rote after the cataclysmic moment halfway through. ill play 2 though, if its as cool as people say it is. i like any jrpg that lets you stupid OP item combos, I beat the final boss in a single attack by using some ring boosting items to do 12 straight quad damage unfailable attacks with Yuri :mrgw:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

its a shame that Shadow Hearts got pretty rote after the cataclysmic moment halfway through. ill play 2 though, if its as cool as people say it is. i like any jrpg that lets you stupid OP item combos, I beat the final boss in a single attack by using some ring boosting items to do 12 straight quad damage unfailable attacks with Yuri :mrgw:

good news, i remember doing something like 85% hp of the final boss of SH2 in one attack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

good news, i remember doing something like 85% hp of the final boss of SH2 in one attack

Sick. I think I killed the final boss of FFX with one attack reels bc I had done all the stupid blitzball ultimate weapon unlocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

blitzball more like bLItzball because in some fonts if you put a capital l and an i together it looks like a U and butz is that guy from final fantasy v. try the veal