Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nanigans posted:

Which SHF are you aiming to get? I ended up with Goku, Black and HK Bulma. They're all tight.

Freeza and Gohan don't interest me at all, especially when Freeza's the wrong colors and Demoniacal Fit is making a way better Gohan.

Frieza, Goku, maybe Black, though I wanna see the hair in person. The shiny thing is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Frieza, Goku, maybe Black, though I wanna see the hair in person. The shiny thing is weird.

Yeah, not a fan of the hair. It's not that translucent, but it is very shiny.

I just use the original black with the black hair and the new one with the original rose hair.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

It's "Neill," not "Neil." :mad:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fuzz posted:

Any other good NYCC figures going on sale? I know about the SHF DBZ ones which is the booth I'm beelining for first thing, but other than that I have no idea, honestly, and NYCC's website is beyond dogshit.

Here is all of DC's stuff http://thefwoosh.com/2019/10/dc-collectibles-nycc-19-reveals-including-new-essentials-animated-and-statues/

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I want that Storm Collectibles Smoke so bad, I'll be in NYC on Sunday but I won't be going to NYCC at all.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Rage posted:

I want that Storm Collectibles Smoke so bad, I'll be in NYC on Sunday but I won't be going to NYCC at all.

If the line isn't poo poo I can grab it and then you can just take it off my hands Sunday. We'll see.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ah, I see Binary Mode Captain Marvel finally came out. I’m looking at a bunch in this Walmart.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

I suppose I'll ask if anyone going to NYCC is willing to pick anything up to PM me or email me at bstroup@gmail.com if you can pick up a Goku Black for me for price + shipping + some money for your time. Collector not a scalper here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new FF set looks really good. Too bad it's based on the work of Dan Slott.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Even if it wasn't, I already have the Walgreens set which has better costumes. The Dr. Doom looks great, though.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah I'm glad I got the Walgreen releases too, that said I'd like to see a classic colours non-flamed up Johnny fig as well a fully translucent and/or a fully opaque Sue, the one arm that's going invisible on the Walgreens one bugs the poo poo outta me

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
LIGER!!!!!!!!!!!

DrChud posted:

So will going thru some boxes I came across these two. They have like a white coating on them, looks like super glue fogging. Is this the plastic breaking down or did they somehow mold? Other things that were packed with them were perfectly fine.

I'm not an expert on this but it looks like the old soybean oil problem that was rife during the early years of Toyguru's reign of QC terror at Mattel. What I understood is that the plastic was cut with soybean oil as a cheap filler and sometimes it doesn't work correctly. So the soybean oil rises up through the plastic eventually and turns into this powdery coating. A ton of the first few years of DCUC (as well as JLU.Ghostbusters and MOTUC) stuff has this issue, and some of them had it happen within months of release. The entire DCUC wave 3 had this issue and so it became called Matty Molt for a while though I've seen it happen with other manufacturers too.

The good new is that if this is what it is, it'll come off easily with just washing in soap and water. Some of my mattel stuff has it come back, some doesn't. If your a MISB collector though it's bad news..

An old thread about it on the four horsemen board
http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=360.

There were some questions about Mafex a few pages back, one thing I'd add about their Quality is that they have great customer service, comparable to Figma if not better. If your mafex figures break they will mail you replacement parts for free to fix it. I'm all in for the spider verse and Batman figures next year, I think their artists at SH and Perfect Studios have become the best sculptors in that scale in the world over the last year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That sure is a huge belt

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I got a bag of mystery swag at Bluefin, had all this in out for $60:

Not a bad haul. That Chi-chi scales pretty well with Kid Goku, as well. I'm digging that mine ended up being heavily Vegeta themed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

That sure is a huge belt

Form over function my dude.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Rage posted:

That sure is a huge belt

It does a lot of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0thKWhtM0U

No, I don't know why this only available subbed in Indonesian on Youtube. But you still get the idea

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I really don't like Kamen Rider suits, but I like this for some reason and I don't know why.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JT Smiley posted:

I really don't like Kamen Rider suits, but I like this for some reason and I don't know why.

He's the first Rider of the Reiwa era, so they wanted a classic, iconic look comparable to Kamen Rider Ichigo and Kamen Rider Kuuga, the first Riders of their respective eras. As opposed to some of the recent crazyness like Kamen Rider Gaim or Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gripweed posted:

It does a lot of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0thKWhtM0U

No, I don't know why this only available subbed in Indonesian on Youtube. But you still get the idea

What the goddamn gently caress. I need to watch this.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Today was Force Friday right? All the new Star Wars stuff came out? I know the new Black Series were supposed to have "special" white packaging or something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Today was Force Friday right? All the new Star Wars stuff came out? I know the new Black Series were supposed to have "special" white packaging or something.

They released:
- Normal Black Series wave
- The above in a stupid “Early Edition” BS wave in white packaging
- Amazon/Walmart/Target each had one figure from the above wave in a “Carbonized” repaint variant
- Vintage Collection wave
- TVC Poe’s X-Wing (Barnes & Noble only)
- TVC Luke’s X-Wing (online sites only)

My sister wanted a bunch of stuff this year, so we went out real early and ended up second and third in line waiting for the store to open, which meant we got to watch the first guy in line empty the entire shelf into his cart to resell on eBay and then he yelled at some poor employee because that was all they had out.

gently caress scalpers.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They released:
- Amazon/Walmart/Target each had one figure from the above wave in a “Carbonized” repaint variant

My sister wanted a bunch of stuff this year, so we went out real early and ended up second and third in line waiting for the store to open, which meant we got to watch the first guy in line empty the entire shelf into his cart to resell on eBay and then he yelled at some poor employee because that was all they had out.

gently caress scalpers.

Did you or anyone else shout at him or anything?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

Did you or anyone else shout at him or anything?

One of the employees in the area told him not to yell at the other worker. I told him he was an rear end in a top hat and walked off. I don’t have the patience to yell at idiots in public anymore. Funny thing is, we went from that Target to a Walmart a little further down the road and found a couple of the things we wanted. As we were walking back to our car we noticed his ugly teal Camaro parked near ours, so I assume he had just gone in to do the same thing there that he had just done at Target. So pathetic.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Tangentially related, does anyone need a ML Emma Frost? I found a spare at Walgreens yesterday so I grabbed it in case anyone in this thread needed one, otherwise I’ll return it.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They released:

gently caress scalpers.

What was your sister looking for at Target, my Target still had some stuff. I could check and see if there is anything she wanted there for ya.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

None of this stuff is worth much more than the cost of ebay fees so not sure why anyone is bothering to buy for resale.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
They're doing it because scalping is a disease, like hoarding

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I hadn’t bought any action figures as an adult, until this latest Nightcrawler, because of how mad scalpers made me as a kid who was really into X-Men toys.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DrChud posted:

What was your sister looking for at Target, my Target still had some stuff. I could check and see if there is anything she wanted there for ya.

The only thing she didn’t find was the TVC Zorii Bliss, but it’s not a huge deal and I’m just gonna do a Dorkside order tomorrow. Thanks though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The only thing she didn’t find was the TVC Zorii Bliss, but it’s not a huge deal and I’m just gonna do a Dorkside order tomorrow. Thanks though.

I picked one up this evening at Barnes & Noble, if that’s an option for you.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Xenomrph posted:

Tangentially related, does anyone need a ML Emma Frost? I found a spare at Walgreens yesterday so I grabbed it in case anyone in this thread needed one, otherwise I’ll return it.

Yes, I'd be happy to stop checking Walgreens every week.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

I picked one up this evening at Barnes & Noble, if that’s an option for you.

My B&N is usually pretty hit or miss for this stuff but I’ll check it out, thanks.

I went ahead and ordered Poe’s new creamsicle X-Wing off Dorkside. That thing looks sick and all the little details are fantastic. I’m seriously tempted to order the Luke X-Wing as well but it’s tough to justify blowing $200 on plastic spaceships.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If anyone sees the Force Friday Mandalorian, grab me one please! NYCC has made finding anything here an impossibility, SO MANY COLLECTORS, GAH.

EDIT: Also, I got a spare NYCC Goku Black, didn't someone want one?

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 5, 2019

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah two targets I had checked were pretty cleaned. Out, no Mando or exclusive. They did have a sith trooper and the mystery boxes but I'm not super interested in new trilogy troopers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Target mystery boxes are literally just the old pegwarming First Order Snowtroopers with a new fabric cape. Apparently there’s also widespread issues with the pearlescent paint jobs on the “carbonized” figures peeling off and cracking, so Hasbro really aced the exclusives this time around.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I did see a Carbonized Sith Inquisitor at a local Gamestop, the figure did look pretty cool so I might go back to get it if its still there.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
No Force Friday in Singapore this year, I'm pretty sad as the last one was still doing midnight openings with good crowds, but there's been nothing really brought to retail here since the first solo wave didn't sell. Looks like Hasbro.sg is going to release the black series and tvc stuff towards the end of November here instead as Xmas product. Was pretty bummed out but found Siege Ratchet at Toys R Us so the days hunt wasn't a total wash.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I don't usually do this kind of thing because I am a dyed-in-the-wool open the toy and play with it dude, but I stumbled across a carded vintage toy on ebay in shockingly pristine condition, a toy that is dear to my heart, and I just put a very large bid on it.

If I win this thing, it's like a legit museum piece, and I feel like I should get a clear case to keep the packaging nice for posterity. Can anybody recommend a good source for that?

P.S. I'm not going to link this auction now cause I don't need any hungry goons blowing up my spot, but if I win it I will absolutely post pictures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Get it AFA graded, and they’ll stick it in a Perspex box for all eternity.