Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

pacerhimself posted:

One can hope that making GBS threads on Romney with little to no effect will show that Trump is a toothless loser with waning influence.

Wishful thinking of course

Romney could successfully install himself as King of Utah if there was some extra-constitutional means for him to do so. Not every Republican Senator has the same luxury with their constituents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sir Lemming posted:

Naturally, the 2018 election didn't happen. All these Democrats just came out of nowhere!
Of course it didn't happen, Trump wasn't on the ballot.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Prester Jane posted:

the cowboy myth

It is pretty amazing that the right pushes the cowboy myth over and over again and people swallow it whole. The idea that you are an island, no one has ever helped you and you, sir/madame (but hopefully sir) are the ruggedest person to exist is so antithetical to how this country formed or how how people operate.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeeHolly81/status/1180566987342274561?s=19

Lol Finnish President is dragging Trump. His facial expressions are loving priceless.

"I prefer the company of reindeer."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Of course it didn't happen, Trump wasn't on the ballot.

Let’s all conveniently forget that his message while campaigning for others was to treat the election as if he was on the ballot.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

friendbot2000 posted:

Lol Finnish President is dragging Trump. His facial expressions are loving priceless.

lol the president of Finland is dragging Trump. I cannot wait to see what pissbaby does in response.

Edit: lol owned

Rabble fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 5, 2019

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
Now the last time the GOP defied Trump en masse was the govt shutdown. He was down to about. 39% approval rating at that time. He’s currently hovering around 40. Now a lot of people were directly affected by the shutdown, but I’m wondering if we won’t see some of GOP come out against him while not explicitly supporting impeachment. Just speculating.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tuff Scrote posted:

Now the last time the GOP defied Trump en masse was the govt shutdown. He was down to about. 39% approval rating at that time. He’s currently hovering around 40. Now a lot of people were directly affected by the shutdown, but I’m wondering if we won’t see some of GOP come out against him while not explicitly supporting impeachment. Just speculating.

Speaking of a Shutdown I’m totally expecting Trump to refuse to sign a budget to shutdown the government again in an effort to hamper impeachment.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Romney isn't even up for reelection until 2024, why would he give a gently caress about Trump badmouthing him in 2019

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/gbrumfiel/status/1180569483284496384

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

friendbot2000 posted:

That's not the president of Finland.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Rabble posted:

lol the president of Finland is dragging Trump. I cannot wait to see what pissbaby does in response.
I mean, it's nice to see, but it really does seem ballsy, as vindictive and lovely as Trump is.

^^^ That makes more sense.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Pluskut Tukker posted:

That's not the president of Finland.

People here are laughably gullible

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really hope Mitt doesn’t back down.

If Mittens just tweeted " You don't remove us, we remove you", I could die happy

He won't because this is hellworld, but I like to imagine

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love this for at least two reasons

1. what it says about the other half of the calls he has with Trump
2. that Trump's usual state is not that of a "normal person"

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Data Graham posted:

I love this for at least two reasons

1. what it says about the other half of the calls he has with Trump
2. that Trump's usual state is not that of a "normal person"

Seriously, we shouldn't be rewarding the President for sounding like a "normal" person in a conversation. I think that being praiseworthy says more about Senator Graham than anything else.

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

SpeakSlow posted:

Cherry Poppin Daddies

:eyepop:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

cochise posted:

He still thinks they made hard copies of the e-mails and literally washed them in acid... :negative: this loving boomer

I have no idea what Trump thinks, but the vast majority of his base has no idea about anything technological, so this is something they can "understand", even if that understanding is completely wrong.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fart Amplifier posted:

People here are laughably gullible

Imagine being so stupid that you think Finland is a real country.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

saintonan posted:

I have no idea what Trump thinks, but the vast majority of his base has no idea about anything technological, so this is something they can "understand", even if that understanding is completely wrong.

They're about at the right age when "acid washed jeans" were about the moment when their minds switched from "I understand and am a part of today's youth" to "you know what, to hell with the kids"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/GalloVOA/status/1180273599019536385

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

Have you seen the things they try to pass off as words? Nothing needs that many vowels

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1172666409295470593

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

Finland is most definitely a real country and not a practical joke that the rest of Scandinavia has been perpetrating on the rest of the world to hide the fact that we have access to the Hollow Earth and the Atlantis/Mu remnants found there. Furthermore, any suggestion that we have made alliances with the inhabitants of the Hollow Earth and have been facilitating their exploration of the surface by passing them off as 'Finnish' is laughable on its face, staggeringly irresponsible, fantastically calumnious, slanderous, and not to mention a serious affront, and - quite frankly - a grave and despicable insult to the national honor of the Scandinavian countries.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump has almost surely extorted Finland in regards to their dealings with Russia right?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BTW Britain is irreparably hosed

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1180572947364417536

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

People lie to pollsters here even more than they do in the US (we're still hosed).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It doesn't look good for Labour, but then I don't know what that poll will look like when Boris asks for extension after saying he wouldn't. No Brexit by Halloween and things might change.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just don’t understand the UK. The nation is on fire and they have their own mini-Trump trying to wreck everything but the overall attitude among the electorate is to still by a healthy margin support the political party propping him up AND combined with an arguably worse one in the Brexit Party who are literally the Leopards promising to eat your face.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

UK politics make more sense when you realize that their system is a 400-year-long game of Calvinball

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just don’t understand the UK. The nation is on fire and they have their own mini-Trump trying to wreck everything but the overall attitude among the electorate is to still by a healthy margin support the political party propping him up AND combined with an arguably worse one in the Brexit Party who are literally the Leopards promising to eat your face.

If I understand right the biggest problem is both big parties want Brexit more than they don’t, and no one can agree on a deal except that there can’t be no deal.

goethe.cx posted:

UK politics make more sense when you realize that their system is a 400-year-long game of Calvinball

Even more than the US because there’s not even a constitution.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1180559858699030529?s=21

Get hosed mittens

Edit: actually it would be good if he suffers no electoral consequences for even his milquetoast rebuff of trump.

I feel like the last three years has just been an extended Jackass bit

'Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is The Brainworms President'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6f-opugqY

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Are these seat projections anywhere near reality?

https://twitter.com/ice_bud/status/1180575133553119233

How the gently caress? Is there a type of gerrymandering going on where Lib Dems can win 15% and combined with Labour get an equal share of the vote as the Tories but get only like a third of the seats?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1180575649678929920

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Are these seat projections anywhere near reality?

https://twitter.com/ice_bud/status/1180575133553119233

How the gently caress? Is there a type of gerrymandering going on where Lib Dems can win 15% and combined with Labour get an equal share of the vote as the Tories but get only like a third of the seats?

It’s first last the post with individual districts. It’s not proportional representation.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The opposition leader is widely disliked but instead of replacing him with someone who can actually win an election the left wing of the Labour Party just wants to yell “absolute boy” and deny reality.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ogmius815 posted:

The opposition leader is widely disliked but instead of replacing him with someone who can actually win an election the left wing of the Labour Party just wants to yell “absolute boy” and deny reality.

i feel like jeremy corbyn's problem is less Being Jeremy Corbyn (despite the best efforts of britain's right-wing press) and more his weird dumb stance on Brexit that he's pretty much locked into now

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Upward change continues on these polls..

edit different source; apologies it's been posted, original tweet was dated today!

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1180213412778958849

skylined! fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This tweet doesn’t exist