Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

I got the Vex Offensive start quest. There are 3 warp gate areas. You can check the map to see which location is flashing. Head to that area, kill some vex/gate lords and you unlock the activity proper.

In Vex Offensive, you kill shiny vex, they drop laser brains which you kill oracles with. You do that 3 times and then a boss spawns, and you do the same thing to drop his shield and kill him.

edit: got a pulse rifle, hand cannon and 2 pairs of pants from the one run.

thank you friends

btw the raid looks badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Shadowkeep, the vex thing tells me I need to buy a season of the undying pass for a thousand silver

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
That’s not correct then, have you tried closing out and logging in again?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Shadowkeep, the vex thing tells me I need to buy a season of the undying pass for a thousand silver

Shadowkeep comes with a pass for undying includes, so sounds like something’s messed up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Here’s my fear, that I bought the expansion on a different account marked as primary because my actual account is under a different country that won’t let me use my credit card for psn purchases so there’s only one season pass included per purchase

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Yeah, information like “I purchased this in a roundabout way and installed it on two account which is definitely not the intended way to do things” would be good to have instead of just complaining that you have to buy a season pass even though you bought the expansion already like in your original post

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wouldn't be a Bungie game if it weren't difficult to buy and easy to buy incorrectly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Here’s my fear, that I bought the expansion on a different account marked as primary because my actual account is under a different country that won’t let me use my credit card for psn purchases so there’s only one season pass included per purchase

This seems like the kind of thing you need to email Bungie about

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Season passes are not linked to your platform, they're part of your destiny 2 account. You can't share them.

Edit: to clarify, it's as if you bought them with silver, so they're cross-platform but aren't part of the PSN or Xbox or Steam eco-system. Another account on PS4 or XB1 won't have any license to check.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 5, 2019

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/Ff1zNzz.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/xTXwmOT.gifv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Vex Offensive gives so much more (quality) loot and XP than any other activity in the game it's absurd

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought bullshit online passes had died back in the ps3/360 years
Apparently it’s a legit issue where a lot of people just didn’t get their online pass so maybe that happened to me because I’ve never had an issue like this and I’ve bought plenty of games using an alternate primary account

Also I got the horned wreath and did what I had to do to purify some essences but now I have no idea what to do? It just says I have to work with Eris to purify it

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Think of it less as a "bullshit online pass" and more of a "You get some stuff for free, for the first time in franchise history"

Used to be that you had to buy the expansion to get anything

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Akuma posted:

Season passes are not linked to your platform, they're part of your destiny 2 account. You can't share them.

Edit: to clarify, it's as if you bought them with silver, so they're cross-platform but aren't part of the PSN or Xbox or Steam eco-system. Another account on PS4 or XB1 won't have any license to check.

so that means on a family console it would only work for the original user? that would be unlike any other dlc i know of for ps4 (though i'm guessing mmo subs might work similarly?)

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Vex Offensive gives so much more (quality) loot and XP than any other activity in the game it's absurd

Sounds like minaj went it first dropped, so look for it to be nerfed to the point that no one plays it anymore very soon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hulk Krogan posted:

Sounds like minaj went it first dropped, so look for it to be nerfed to the point that no one plays it anymore very soon.

It's 1/10th as "Interesting" as Minaj and people will stop running it when they don't need its Tier 2 and Tier 3 powerful each week. People will have their good-enough-rolls on all the guns within 2 weeks.

There's no progression like with your Minaj pimp cup, and there's no Heroic Mode coming soon or anything. If it weren't for the Power Climb, one good day of binging on VO would be all anyone wants to do.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Think of it less as a "bullshit online pass" and more of a "You get some stuff for free, for the first time in franchise history"

Used to be that you had to buy the expansion to get anything

But I’m not getting anything for free. I paid for the expansion and I expect to get everything I paid for. Please stop apologizing for a company doing bullshit practices

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Calaveron posted:

But I’m not getting anything for free. I paid for the expansion and I expect to get everything I paid for. Please stop apologizing for a company doing bullshit practices

I hope you get your technical snafu fixed, friend.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I’m not owned

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
I got the SMG with Ricochet Rounds, Outlaw, and Multi-Kill Clip. With a stability masterwork. That’s good enough for me.

But the Vex Chassis pieces don’t show up anywhere yet. It says they’re a currency but they don’t show in your inventory and you can’t spend them at Ikora so I’m betting there’s something that will happen when the raid is beaten that will change.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Daric posted:

I got the SMG with Ricochet Rounds, Outlaw, and Multi-Kill Clip. With a stability masterwork. That’s good enough for me.

But the Vex Chassis pieces don’t show up anywhere yet. It says they’re a currency but they don’t show in your inventory and you can’t spend them at Ikora so I’m betting there’s something that will happen when the raid is beaten that will change.

As far as I can tell, it isn't a tangible item and doesn't go anywhere. It's just for progressing your weekly Powerfuls from Ikora and the Vex Offensive icon

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ascend Clan just got world's first for Garden of Salvation

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ascend Clan just got world's first for Garden of Salvation

they had like 10 viewers and went to 24k lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I got up at 3am to raid and can honestly say no console team will get that raid done today.

We got the first encounter done and found a secret chest.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So I played real hard for like 3 months when D2 first came out and never touched it since. I had already bought the season pass and last week I bought Forsaken and Shadowkeep. My question is where the gently caress do I even start at this point

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

they had like 10 viewers and went to 24k lol

As much as I wanted to watch this, there was only one stream that didn't have some stupid overlay of their goddamn face and other streaming garbage and toasts for subscribers and poo poo everywhere.

I just want to see the game, how hard is that to do?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

So I played real hard for like 3 months when D2 first came out and never touched it since. I had already bought the season pass and last week I bought Forsaken and Shadowkeep. My question is where the gently caress do I even start at this point

Go to Amanda Holliday in the tower hangar (right side of the map) and play the forsaken campaign. Curse of Osiris is 100% skippable and Warmind is mostly skippable.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Got the latest shadowkeep whatever, found after all this time HDR is still busted in Destiny 2 on my xb1x & LG oled. Tried scrubbing the console of all things destiny and redownloading, tried the 'turn hdr off on the console, then boot the game, set levels, reenable hdr on the console and relaunch' "trick" and it didn't do anything. The game is essentially unplayable 1/4 of the time.

Is there an actual fix for this? My googling has failed me :(

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

PathAsc posted:

As much as I wanted to watch this, there was only one stream that didn't have some stupid overlay of their goddamn face and other streaming garbage and toasts for subscribers and poo poo everywhere.

I just want to see the game, how hard is that to do?

yeah that poo poo's stupid - you should watch slayerage. no overlays and all that other garbage

https://www.twitch.tv/slayerage

datto doesn't have any stuff on the screen during his world's first raid attempt either

CheeseFactory posted:

I got up at 3am to raid and can honestly say no console team will get that raid done today.

We got the first encounter done and found a secret chest.

yeah just imagine switching gear on the final boss on console lol

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 6, 2019

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Got the latest shadowkeep whatever, found after all this time HDR is still busted in Destiny 2 on my xb1x & LG oled. Tried scrubbing the console of all things destiny and redownloading, tried the 'turn hdr off on the console, then boot the game, set levels, reenable hdr on the console and relaunch' "trick" and it didn't do anything. The game is essentially unplayable 1/4 of the time.

Replace the hard drive.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

yeah that poo poo's stupid - you should watch slayerage. no overlays and all that other garbage

https://www.twitch.tv/slayerage

datto doesn't have any stuff on the screen during his world's first raid attempt either

yeah just imagine switching gear on the final boss on console lol

Thanks for this, I'll def watch slayer, I think that's who I watched last time around. I'd have loved to just tried the raid myself but work pretty much made scourge/crown/garden impossible because I was not even close to the light level. Looks like I can catch up before reset though, so maybe this weekend still

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

This worked for me and I have the same setup with Xbox and LG Oled. Hit me up online and maybe I can talk you through the steps again or something.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What do I do with these essences

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cleanse them at Eris morns bath and get a gear

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Nuts and Gum posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by busted, if everything's green and purple you might be out of luck, but the typical fix is to set the white point according to the instructions, then ignore the black point instructions and leave it exactly in the center (lined up with the beginning of n in "icon").

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 6, 2019

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Calaveron posted:

What do I do with these essences

Do basic Moon Tasks and they turn into gear. Most of them require kills with a certain weapon, just generally doing stuff on the moon, and finding a collectible once (you don't have to do it on future repeats of the same essence).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I did two essences to the point where it tells me I need to work with Eris but I talk to her and nothing and I can’t interact with the big bowl that’s near her either

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress it's happening again

https://i.imgur.com/AKpTf8k.gifv

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Just keep going through the storyline and complete other quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mattavist posted:

Just keep going through the storyline and complete other quests.

What other quests, there’s no more quest markers