Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Revenge of Ravens is strictly a limited card. You can't spend 4 mana doing nothing and losing to your opponent's existing threats in constructed.

It's effectively an enchantment that says "Creatures your opponents control get -1/-0". This is relevant in Eldraine because it's one of the slowest limited formats in modern Magic, there's a ton of life gain, and all the evasive creatures have 2 power (and all the defensive creatures have 5 toughness). Even then it only really shuts the game down completely if there's two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

They commissioned an ad by my best friend carbot :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F0h2bXbvkg

What is the creature who rolls lands up on its arms?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

Could be a Realm Cloaked Giant but big flavor fail as it's cast by the Red and Black Mage! It's a very good cartoon.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ungulateman posted:

relevant in Eldraine because it's one of the slowest limited formats in modern Magic
Unless it's not and you're staring down a completely unwinnable board state on turn 4, as was the case in the match I lost, and was my other opponents' experiences.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

BrianBoitano posted:

This is an amazing video, but more self-aware and parodying than I would've expected from official promo material.

AngryBooch posted:

Could be a Realm Cloaked Giant but big flavor fail as it's cast by the Red and Black Mage! It's a very good cartoon.

At the omnipresent risk of :spergin:ing too heavily, most of the humor of that video relies on depicting the mechanical interactions of cards even when they make no sense to the flavor. Most obviously, the chump-blocking sight gag. So Realm-Cloaked Giant makes less sense to me in that light. I can't think of what it would be instead, though-- something that sacrifices lands for power when it comes into play? But I can't think of anything like that currently in Standard.

e: Also, a planeswalker getting angry at the mere sight of their opponent's first land is extremely real, but it should be a Breeding Pool for maximum realism in that department. :v:

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 5, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

BrianBoitano posted:

The "pacified" dragon makes me want the next Un-set to have black-border reprints but with funny art. Imagine Pacifism but it's a ferocious giant dragon incapacitated with a pacifier in its mouth. Completely harmless!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What about turn 3 Ravens in a Golgari shell

I think it depends on the viability of decks with noncreature wincons, with Teferi Hero of Dominaria gone is there any major deck that fits the bill

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

AngryBooch posted:

Could be the green land adventure giant but yeah not the right colors either way

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Framboise posted:

The "pacified" dragon makes me want the next Un-set to have black-border reprints but with funny art. Imagine Pacifism but it's a ferocious giant dragon incapacitated with a pacifier in its mouth. Completely harmless!

im sorry but this kind of humor is too juvenile for the very serious game of magic; the gathering

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Framboise posted:

It would actually be really cool to have an Un set be good, playable cards with new, silly art.

poo poo, dust off the Foglios and let them go to town

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Today was the first time I've ever seen The Royal Scions played and til one of them is a woman (from the voice lines).

The draw 2 deck looks rad as hell but insanely WC heavy.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

fadam posted:

Today was the first time I've ever seen The Royal Scions played and til one of them is a woman (from the voice lines).

The draw 2 deck looks rad as hell but insanely WC heavy.

I’ve been playing it, it’s fun. The Royal Scions work really well in that kind of deck, even though they draw attackers right away.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Speaking of, I've been iterating the Draw-2 list I posted up-thread a ways:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2307998#paper

Now with more Dreadhorde Arcanist! It seems good, gives you a way to proc your draw-two things without using mana and plays super well with Royal Scions

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What about turn 3 Ravens in a Golgari shell

I think it depends on the viability of decks with noncreature wincons, with Teferi Hero of Dominaria gone is there any major deck that fits the bill

Getting Revenge bounced by T3feri is a real bad place to be. Most decks can go over the top of ravens anyway, it might work against cavalcade but then you might be dead anyway or they put down Torbrand and kill you through it.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm going to shamelessly toss out some bling because this makes me legitimately happy. I saw Amano Yoshitaka's panel at NYCC today, and not only was it loving amazing, I got Amano-sensei to sign my Lili. :dance:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 5, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

sit on my Facebook posted:

Now with more Dreadhorde Arcanist! It seems good, gives you a way to proc your draw-two things without using mana and plays super well with Royal Scions

Thanks, I think I'm gonna try rolling with this in the event

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to shamelessly toss out some bling because this makes me legitimately happy. I saw Amano Yoshitaka's panel at NYCC today, and not only was it loving amazing, I got Amazon-sensei to sign my Lili. :dance:

that's fuckin sweet

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to shamelessly toss out some bling because this makes me legitimately happy. I saw Amano Yoshitaka's panel at NYCC today, and not only was it loving amazing, I got Amazon-sensei to sign my Lili. :dance:

I love it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

:perfect:

That's loving amazing man. I'd treasure it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Respect, get that in a nice frame and hold onto it!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

That's rad as hell. It took me a while to parse that signature before I realized it's probably in non-English characters.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Also, loving lol that it autocorrected "Amano-sensei" to "Amazon-sensei".

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to shamelessly toss out some bling because this makes me legitimately happy. I saw Amano Yoshitaka's panel at NYCC today, and not only was it loving amazing, I got Amano-sensei to sign my Lili. :dance:

That's so dope.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

What is the best deck to power through this Standard challenge on Arena? Please don't say Esper Manse.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
i peeked into the scg open like 6x and every standard seat is on bant field

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Has anyone got any obnoxious Mardu Pyromancer Stoneforge lists for modern? I'm trying to get my buddy to play something good at Regionals without buying Bobs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i built a fairly bad U/W faeries deck with what i had and most of my common and uncommon wild cards. it's fine for getting daily wins and probably not worth investing any more in to, but at least it's some jank i dont hate playing

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

wow, way to make the card worthless by letting someone scribble on it!!! thats sweet as hell and i love it

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Mat Cauthon posted:

What is the best deck to power through this Standard challenge on Arena? Please don't say Esper Manse.

worse, it's golos field

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sit on my Facebook posted:

Oh my God this is such my loving jam, although I would try Drakes instead if Guardmage

AlternateNu posted:

I don't care

I love it

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

GoutPatrol posted:

Oh my God this is such my loving jam, although I would try Drakes instead if Guardmage

I switched to guardman away from the original drakes that were in that slot because they kept being like 2/4s. It doesn't really have the spell density, and Arcanist works against it too

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jesus the Cavalcade deck is so loving degenerate I think it might be the one to play tomorrow

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Jesus the Cavalcade deck is so loving degenerate I think it might be the one to play tomorrow

What's the list?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

AlternateNu posted:

That's pretty awesome, congratulations!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mat Cauthon posted:

What's the list?
4 Chandra's Spitfire
4 Runaway Steam-Kin
4 Scorch Spitter
3 Skarrgan Hellkite
4 Tin Street Dodger
4 Cavalcade of Calamity
3 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame
1 Chandra, Fire Artisan
1 Experimental Frenzy
4 Light Up the Stage
2 Mask of Immolation
4 Shock
4 Skewer the Critics
18 Mountain

Or if you have wildcards to burn, this one. But I REALLY like mine.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-mono-red-cavalcade-101744#paper

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mat Cauthon posted:

What's the list?

It's this garbage though there are variants.

Basically every time a creature attacks you if they have a loving 2 CC enchantment, you take 3 damage if the dwarf guy is out, or their firebird gets +3/+0, or they have baby Chandra out and it's 2 every turn plus the elementals, etc etc. It's so loving fast and requires no thought except "turn creatures"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tubgoat posted:

4 Chandra's Spitfire
4 Runaway Steam-Kin
4 Scorch Spitter
3 Skarrgan Hellkite
4 Tin Street Dodger
4 Cavalcade of Calamity
3 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame
1 Chandra, Fire Artisan
1 Experimental Frenzy
4 Light Up the Stage
2 Mask of Immolation
4 Shock
4 Skewer the Critics
18 Mountain

Or if you have wildcards to burn, this one. But I REALLY like mine.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-mono-red-cavalcade-101744#paper

Don't need wildcards for the MTGA event tomorrow. :getin:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Count Bleck posted:

Don't need wildcards for the MTGA event tomorrow. :getin:

Ooo, is it open, or did I have to've entered the "play any deck in standard" event thst closed like 4 days ago?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

no thought except "turn creatures"
Mine requires sequencing but the results are exquisite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Guy at our store won the wpn qualifier (I'm assuming this is a PTQ but I legitimately have no idea wtf anything is anymore) with bant flash. Apparently he didn't drop a game all day.

Tubgoat posted:

Mine requires sequencing but the results are exquisite.

Remember to play your enchantment BEFORE attacking and do damage before casting your skewers and draw 2s.