Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

NPR Journalizard posted:

It takes a special kind of ideological fuckwit to look at the American health care system and that "hrrm yes that is good and effective"

It would be good and effective at lining their mate's pockets, which is what's important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I guess it's *checks watch* time to kill Medicare.

Why you ask? Because if we are gonna also kill off Super you're gonna need those funds, to pay for your insulin.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

When given the choice between racism and free healthcare, Australia will definitely vote for racism.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

When given the choice between racism and free healthcare, Australia will definitely vote for racism.

I think you are an arsehole and should leave us Aussies alone!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Hell yeah, let this Money Never Sleeps style rear end in a top hat Fitzgibbon who apparently thinks Bambi is the bad guy in the movie Bambi mete out my healthcare, sounds sane

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

I think you are an arsehole and should leave us Aussies alone!

To be fair, the UK beat us there first.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This whole mess wouldn't have happened if those fuckers just didn't knife Rudd and left him alone to fall on his own sword naturally.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

NPR Journalizard posted:

It takes a special kind of ideological fuckwit to look at the American health care system and that "hrrm yes that is good and effective"

It makes a lot of money for private interests so it depends on your perspective

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Just imagine what condition the country be in today if not for Labor's short lived victory.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
What if you just got the companies to pay for Medicare

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

norp posted:

At the end of the day if they keep wages flat the market isn't going anywhere.
It also means that existing loans wont be deleveraging as quickly as they anticipated sapping all the spending from the economy.

my tl;dr take is that cheap credit will continue to overinflate the property and asset bubble by sucking in investors (as will shares to a lesser extent). the major metro market will increase in the short term, but will fall further in the inevitable crash

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

abigserve posted:

What if u just got Medicare

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/macaulaybalkan/status/1180361249026007041?s=09

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Lol guys remember "Mediscare"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

The Peccadillo posted:

Hell yeah, let this Money Never Sleeps style rear end in a top hat Fitzgibbon who apparently thinks Bambi is the bad guy in the movie Bambi mete out my healthcare, sounds sane

Lol

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

Using this weird new invention called tax.

I'm all for it.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

NPR Journalizard posted:

I mean it's good and effective at making rich people more money

edit - beaten to this point 50 times

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
scomo sucks pass it on

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

fauna posted:

scomo fucks pass it on

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Idk if there's a better place to ask this but I ran over an echidna tonight and it had a baby and I took it to the vet. It was so young it didn't have quills yet but was lively when I made it here and the vet was hopeful but doesnt know anything about echidnas

It wasnt injured and was a bit bigger than a tennis ball when it rolled up

How likely is it to survive? Does anyone here know anything about Echidnas. I really want that thing to live

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

underage at the vape shop posted:

Idk if there's a better place to ask this but I ran over an echidna tonight and it had a baby and I took it to the vet. It was so young it didn't have quills yet but was lively when I made it here and the vet was hopeful but doesnt know anything about echidnas

How likely is it to survive? Does anyone here know anything about Echidnas. I really want that thing to live

Internet says that as long as the vet does his or her basic research tonight, and then gets it to an expert tomorrow, it will have a good chance of survival

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I’m getting serious Pennywise vibes from this guy.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

when you really gotta show off your hugo boss undies

they're no calvin kleins, friend

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Hugo Boss made uniform for the Nazis

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Why did they call them Echidna, they're like the sweetest cutest animal, and they gave them the name that means The Mother Of Monsters

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
At least they named the babies puggles?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Colonists were just roaming around being like "that's hosed, we'll call it a Satan"

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Even though that must have been really upsetting for you, good job for having the presence of mind to think to check for a baby.

The Peccadillo posted:

Colonists were just roaming around being like "that's hosed, we'll call it a Satan"

Also applies to Tasmanian Devils.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

The Peccadillo posted:

Why did they call them Echidna, they're like the sweetest cutest animal, and they gave them the name that means The Mother Of Monsters

They have a four headed penis.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Zenithe posted:

They have a four headed penis.

Horrible news

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

you did the right thing :unsmith: puggles need expert care because they're hard to feed and they struggle with thermoregulation, the best place to keep them is actually in an esky. the vet should hopefully know to get it to a carer asap. wildlife rescuers fight over who gets to look after the puggles because they are a blessing from heaven, so as soon as it's in care its prospects are good. thank you for your kindness

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Recoome posted:

That is really interesting. I've been following the market up in Brisbane and it definitely is following a pattern where the only people who are selling are absolutely desperate to sell, and while there's been some movement in the market on the southside, this has been driven by people trying to buy cheap, renovate, and sell, and there's concern among agents (and my own analysis) that the margins are starting to become a bit too tight. It's bad enough that houses have actually started to come off the market, and potential buyers are tentative at best (trying to get cooling-off periods of 90 days +).

The squeeze seems to be both selling agents and property managers, and I know that at least one property group did a hiring round earlier this year. Unfortunately, everyone in that round was let go, so clearly forecasts were much more positive earlier this year, but have been revised downwards significantly. Places like Domain and elsewhere always like spruiking how good the market is, but turnaround/layoffs are also an excellent indicator of the health of the market (although it's a more difficult indicator to check out).

Of course, it's really going to hurt smaller, family-level outfits which rely on the previously-available large margins.

We got our house recently after offering right on the lower end of the price guide after it had already dropped. Didn't expect them to take it but being in a position where were able to offer a 30 day settlement helped heaps.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Peccadillo posted:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Whitlam posted:

Even though that must have been really upsetting for you, good job for having the presence of mind to think to check for a baby.

Also applies to Tasmanian Devils.

Oh yeah this piggy little dog critter, that's a "devil"

That goofy thing that hugs trees? I named it a "Beelzebub, Lord of Flies"

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 6, 2019

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This creek dwelling thing? "duck billed antichrist"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

The Peccadillo posted:

Oh yeah this piggy little dog critter, that's a "devil"

have you heard them when they eat?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

The Peccadillo posted:

This creek dwelling thing? "duck billed antichrist"

Thank you for my next username.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

That rabbit looking motherfucker? I name him "Bilby Cosby"

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 6, 2019

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

The Peccadillo posted:

I'd have called em' Chazwazzers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Owns:

https://twitter.com/ldrinkh20/status/1180216767320383489