Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
When Should Crazy Cloud be freed?
This poll is closed.
TODAY 238 25.21%
NOW 152 16.10%
YESTERDAY 207 21.93%
TIME DOESN'T EXIST 347 36.76%
Total: 641 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah it's a powerful and correct sermon that should have been given more respect and thought then just setting off the treason alarms in media brains

look buddy if you criticize america and say it'll have to face consequences i'm afraid you are committing a crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Unperson_47 posted:

i will never watch a throbbing, pulsating trump

Yeah me neither...

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

emfive posted:

one way or the other he's dumb as gently caress

the guy got a 'D' in meats

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Rick "D Meat" Perry

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Tubgoat posted:

If you're referring to Koreans in the northern part of the peninsula, it is my understanding that this is considered a slur.

oh geez sorry, I was not intending to offend, quite the opposite in fact

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

Yeah it's a powerful and correct sermon that should have been given more respect and thought then just setting off the treason alarms in media brains

i've said this a few tiems in past version of thsi thread but the momst memorable sermon my preacher at my apostolic church gave involved burning the american flag and the bible itself as a rebuke of worshiping idols

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

yeah back in college he was known as rick da meat, famous for getting the poo poo kicked out of him by sylvester stallone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i think it was 600 bucks?????? it was at a good time for me and the price of computers

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

While Mr Wright was completely correct it was wrong for people to attack that cuck Obama because he was his preacher. I'm not going to judge Gabbard over her poo poo preacher, Tulsi sucks all on her own.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

emfive posted:

when I rode the train in the Bay Area from Santa Clara to Palo Alto I used to read lots of books

Once I was flying to Germany for a work thing, way back in like 1983 or 1984, and I was sitting next to this young woman reading Playgirl. I was reading McLuhan's Gutenberg Galaxy and at some point she asked me if it was science fiction, and I said no it's about communication and meta-communication and she explained that she worked in some German university teaching kids formal language theory and I was like seriously amazed and it was a fascinating conversation, like what are the odds that you'll sit next to somebody on a plane who knows about formal language theory (Chomsky stuff)

i read mcluhans other book a few months ago, it was p nuts how much he predicted our weird loving internet society

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

A Handed Missus posted:

hahah wtf that's awful

well i also want 2 try some of the new gun games i just don't kno what they

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

nah she's a misspelled tulpa

tulpa is a misspelled trump

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

If you're referring to Koreans in the northern part of the peninsula, it is my understanding that this is considered a slur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ3Eqbhaq3o

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this was 5 years ago so i have no idea what a gaming laptop should cost today. but i played rage 2 today and it ran just fine so i think it's up to modern console standards, maybe have to crank the resolution down a bit for really intense stuff

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
People who have not been to Texas: the Texas A&M campus, and the area around it in the quasi-urban area called "Bryan - College Station", is a terrifying place

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

is using an exercise ball as a desk chair as bad an idea as the ergonomic websites make it out to be or are they just trying to sell Aerons

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
emfive's son, why won't you do what you dreamed??

call out trumps name!

please!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

i think it was 600 bucks?????? it was at a good time for me and the price of computers

ok

:greatgift:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

rickald "easy d meat" perrump

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

emfive posted:

People who have not been to Texas: the Texas A&M campus, and the area around it in the quasi-urban area called "Bryan - College Station", is a terrifying place

Can confirm lived there for two years. It’s basically get out the city.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

is using an exercise ball as a desk chair as bad an idea as the ergonomic websites make it out to be or are they just trying to sell Aerons

if its good enough for marissa it's good enough for me

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

emfive's son, why won't you do what you dreamed??

call out trumps name!

please!

he texts TOMPR to me all the time, but he just will not post :smith:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hoyl poo poo lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

ArmZ posted:

don't make me get the sign

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

at my church, people spoke in trungues

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

emfive posted:

are you there now?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

i've said this a few tiems in past version of thsi thread but the momst memorable sermon my preacher at my apostolic church gave involved burning the american flag and the bible itself as a rebuke of worshiping idols

Lol that's a hell of a retirement sermon

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

also grown-rear end adults ran wide open down the aisle between the pews like they were experiencing zoomies

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

emfive posted:

They gave us some ceremonial mush to eat but it was gross so I hit mine in a flower pot

oh god help i can't stop laughing at this

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

they probably had worms or mange

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

tronlv

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Al! posted:

let me tell u a secret, i have a gaming laptop and play every video game in bed and its the best

monster!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

emfive posted:

"guru" seems to mean "source of wisdom"; I think Sikhs refer to a sacred text as "the guru"

I could be wrong; mostly what I know about Sikhs comes from a Sikh wedding I went to. They gave us some ceremonial mush to eat but it was gross so I hit mine in a flower pot

fully sikh

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Filthy Hans posted:

you'll get tired eventually and start slouching, just like any other chair.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Admiral Ray posted:

it's more than telling him to stop complaining. everyone's response to him saying "this is really hosed up" is "lmao, that owns".

Oh yeah true, that was part of my year of reading thing a few years ago so it's been a minute.

Al! posted:

this was 5 years ago so i have no idea what a gaming laptop should cost today. but i played rage 2 today and it ran just fine so i think it's up to modern console standards, maybe have to crank the resolution down a bit for really intense stuff

My Inspiron 7559 that I bought a few years ago wasn't branded as a ~gaming laptop~ but has a dedicated video card, I think it was $800-something and then I spent 100-150 on extra RAM and an M2(?) SSD to put the OS on. It's great and I feel bad that I don't use it for any high-intensity gaming.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

ArmZ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIrAN4JneY

:worship:

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

are you there now?

no holy poo poo, no, I'm in Austin which is stupid and awful and currently overrun by idiots at ACL but no I do not go to College Station for any reason in any situation

I know some A&M grads and they have all these weird "whoop" things they do that mostly involve hand gestures evoking guns and shooting, they're insane

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Al! posted:

new ones range a lot. you can get super decent ones for like $1200 and light and thin ones for like $1700.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

with laptops you might as well just get any idea of ur budget and wait for the big deal, bookmark this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

the real trick to ergonomic office chairs is to quit your job and live in the woods