Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish loudpedal had come with a guitar scaled to him. i'm being spoiled by the amount of accessories MP megatron has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Maybe we’ll get an OSKOOS

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe we’ll get an OSKOOS

A children’s brand from Wisconsin?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Sexual Shiite posted:

A children’s brand from Wisconsin?

OSKOOS b'goose

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got some new toys today!

Here's MFT Blaster with HS Shockwave:

Blaster is my new favorite legends toy I have, he's sturdy as a brick and has a fun transformation. I wish he came with one more cassette so he could have one out and one still in his chest, but that's the only real downside. It would've been better than the random clear gun he came with for whatever reason.

Here's new MFT Ultra Magnus on the left with old MFT Ultra Magnus on the right:

Night and day different, the new one is so much better they shouldn't even call it a 2.0 or whatever, they should just pretend the old one never existed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The old MFT UM is a 10% bigger KO of Iron Factory’s UM. And that one is very much showing it’s age with IF’s current output.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Gahhhhhh!

I can't make a decision on the HasLab Unicron!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

Gahhhhhh!

I can't make a decision on the HasLab Unicron!

Join usssssssss....

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Well, looks like we're getting a Unicron. The campaign just passed 8000 backers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nice.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, I'd be all over that if it had a payment plan, but not 610 bucks in a lump sum. was tempted, but I can't, oh well. hopefully they have an extended thing and open up a payment plan option, I'm sure there's been a LOT of people asking for it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

its dumb there's no payment plan. it's not like hasbro can't afford to put up the initial cash, and the campaign would have like 3x as many backers and probably get more media coverage if it was doing big numbers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/lord_freddery/status/1180377696918032385

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is the 35th anniversary Optimus Prime pretty easy to get? I was thinking about hunting one down instead of going for a KO Masterpiece Prime.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is the 35th anniversary Optimus Prime pretty easy to get? I was thinking about hunting one down instead of going for a KO Masterpiece Prime.
Are you talking about the 35th-anniversary-branded cel-shaded Siege one? I don't think it's even out yet, but it's a completely different class of figure than a Masterpiece.

If you're talking about the new Masterpiece Prime that just came out, it should still be widely available, but it's also like $450.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

man i really fuckin love this megatron:

i set up this little 'Key to Vector Sigma' part of the shelf, with megatron, shockwave, and my two FT stunticons. Kremzeek doesn't really fit the theme, but he is very cute.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Do you mean 25th?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i would like a modern mp-scale optimus but there are too many choices. i can't afford mp-44, plus the knee issues put me off it. the magic square and transform element ones look pretty good.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

No, the cel shaded 35th anniversary siege one. I’m debating between that or a KO one I saw on Amazon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

No, the cel shaded 35th anniversary siege one. I’m debating between that or a KO one I saw on Amazon.

That Siege one isnt even the best Optimus mold. What are you looking for in an OP figure?

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Join usssssssss....

Whelp, was gonna' join but my card keeps getting declined even though i've got the membership and have bought from there before. Tried yesterday and today.

Maybe this is a sign?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I have Magic Square and Transform Element.

I think if you really like how either one looks, you can’t go wrong. TEOP looks better in my opinion—I got the latest version—and looks the most like Dadtimus Prime which is what I want from my MP Prime. It’s easy and fun to pose and the cab of the truck mode looks terrific. It is, however, intensely complicated to transform and looks mid-explosion for 90% of the process until the very end because of the way the legs work.

MSOP is more like a 3P update of the MP10 imo. It’s stockier. Transformation is easier and I feel the legs look better in truck mode. My main issue with mine is that I got the metallic repaint thinking it would be just as good—it’s not (for me). I wanted cartoon colors, but didn’t realize that’s what I wanted until it was in hand. I think I’d like it twice as much except the neck is weirdly unpainted while the face and chest are so it just looks unfinished. It’s the first thing I noticed and haven’t been able to get over it.

I’m also 90% sure there will be a cheaper release of MP44 down the line without the trailer and accessories so you can hold out for that too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's also HUGEBOI MPP10 which is generally cheaper than the others.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Magic posted:

I’m also 90% sure there will be a cheaper release of MP44 down the line without the trailer and accessories so you can hold out for that too.

Will probably get that... or the KO version, whenever Rhyno tells us it's out.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

There's also HUGEBOI MPP10 which is generally cheaper than the others.

Yeah the WJ one I have is really good, but it’s not to scale for any kind of MP collection. Unless your scale is “Optimus should be waaayyy bigger than everyone,” which I get.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He never said anything about an MP collection.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I noticed today the SS38 BBOP has started reappearing at Target.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Rhyno posted:

He never said anything about an MP collection.

I think I was kind of hybridizing a response to juggabo baby coffin and open marriage night.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

More subtle shittery at this Walmart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This took entirely too much time and only three of you will even appreciate the effort I went to.

Edit: I have FH Overlord but he's a pain in the dick to put into base mode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah imagine if you could combine all those tracks into one super track and unify it all the more

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen a dude with three Guardian drones and he re-pegged the tracks to make a huge continuing path.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Basically my ambition is to one day see a model railroad set up, but with transformer cities

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

Basically my ambition is to one day see a model railroad set up, but with transformer cities

My father is a model railroad nut and I used to play with my figures on his layout when I was a kid.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This took entirely too much time and only three of you will even appreciate the effort I went to.

That's cool AF. I appreciate your effort!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i would like a modern mp-scale optimus but there are too many choices. i can't afford mp-44, plus the knee issues put me off it. the magic square and transform element ones look pretty good.

The new TE version with the frosted windows looks great. I'm considering replacing my previous version TE with it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

I am very impressed you based base your base.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

All your base. Base. BASE. Your effort is appreciated, that rocks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You've seen the mainline Optimus coming out next year, right? If you just want a basic Optimus I'd hold out for that one.
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/10/01/397332-397332

The_Doctor posted:

I noticed today the SS38 BBOP has started reappearing at Target.
That reminds me, the oversized KO of that is really loving oversized (that's the over- and under-sized KOs of MP 10, and the standard SS38 Prime). I might have been tempted by a leader-sized one, but this won't fit in with anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's a mighty fine base, Rhyno.