Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
It has to be super illegal to pay legal sanctions with crowdfunded money, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

RubberLuffy posted:

It has to be super illegal to pay legal sanctions with crowdfunded money, right?

Not necessarily. Unless statute or other tx law prohibits it, the judge’s order would be the only way to prevent it. I have a feeling defense counsel will ask for disgorgement of the warchest and to order them to personally pay remaining sanctions. I can’t say, though, what will happen.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

are those the people who decided to document and nickname all of his shirts that he ever wore

And also the people who groomed a 13-year-old boy to pretend to be a girl and have phone sex with Chris.

I always get a kick out of it when anybody remotely associated with trolling Chris-chan or anything that came out of it tries to pretend like they're not just the worst kind of subhuman.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I used to post on a website where one of the "Ground Zero" trolls did, one of the first people to find Chris' comics and start posting them on 4chan. Then a few years later they made this huge weepy post about how much they regret ever doing it and how it bugs them every day that they were directly responsible for the stalkers becoming a thing.

Then it turns out it was all BS and they were still actively in the harassment community and just wanted some backpats. They all are irredeemable pieces of poo poo.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Also isnt CWC trans? I think we should be respectful of that cuz I've seen a lot of "him" and "he" in here. Which might just be because the people here arent obsessed with her life to know.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

RubberLuffy posted:

Also isnt CWC trans? I think we should be respectful of that cuz I've seen a lot of "him" and "he" in here. Which might just be because the people here arent obsessed with her life to know.

I don't believe he's actually trans, from what I heard the people who are always teasing him convinced Chris that if he was a girl he would be able to get a girlfriend in another attempt to make fun of him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive been kicked in the head by a donkey and think arguing over whether or not a severely mentally ill person whos been harassed by the internet for over a decade is or isnt trans is a good use of my time

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

kazmeyer posted:

And also the people who groomed a 13-year-old boy to pretend to be a girl and have phone sex with Chris.

I'm very, very glad I've never gone fully down that rabbit hole, gently caress.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 6, 2019

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Keltar posted:

I don't believe he's actually trans, from what I heard the people who are always teasing him convinced Chris that if he was a girl he would be able to get a girlfriend in another attempt to make fun of him.

Good thing it doesn't matter what you believe dumdum.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

HEY how about that lawsuit, huh? So has Vic said anything? At all? Has he gone into hibernation, never to be seen again? [crosses finger]

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Given that Vic's been completely silent thus far so he can go to 3 people cons I really don't think he's gonna pipe up now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

Good thing it doesn't matter what you believe dumdum.

Awww, so mad like the vic stans.

quote:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Keltar posted:

What is the arena background referencing? Obviously any games played there are long over but this seems specific.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Keltar posted:

I think 'someones gender identity isnt a public debate' and 'this rapist shouldnt be punished' are slightly different stances. Just a little.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm now very happy I took one look at the Chris Chan stuff years ago and decided I wasn't interested. Jesus Christ. :psyduck:

And never forget.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do we know how long is it going to take for the Judge/Court to determine the amount of money Mignogna's team has to dole out?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Within 30 days

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Alan Smithee posted:

this is astounding levels of tryharding

like if you find yourself this into something this dumb just kill yourself

They're the bottom of the barrel with a userbase that's always sniffing around for blood in the water and will pull the stalking poo poo on just about anybody, with zero restrictions or fucks given about privacy/decency (yeah yeah, that's a Captain Obvious statement if there ever was one).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Wark Say posted:

Do we know how long is it going to take for the Judge/Court to determine the amount of money Mignogna's team has to dole out?

The defense attorneys are going to have to file stuff with the court detailing their fees and also a recommendation for sanctions. The plaintiff will get a chance to respond and there will probably be another hearing.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
Would an appeal from Vic place a hold on any sanctions/fee reimbursement?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Professor Dog posted:

Would an appeal from Vic place a hold on any sanctions/fee reimbursement?

In fact, an appeal might require that the levied sanctions/fees be escrowed, lest he try to use appeals to exhaust his funds to try to get out of paying.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

mallratcal posted:

I'm now very happy I took one look at the Chris Chan stuff years ago and decided I wasn't interested. Jesus Christ. :psyduck:

And never forget.

Redbull and See-gars! You just can't buy that kind of class.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There’s like two funny things about Chris-chan: the original Sonic-chu comic stuff and when he went berserk over Sonic’s arms. Everything else ranges from creepy to sociopathic. Kiwifarms is like if Helldump and 4chan had a baby and both of its parents rejected it for being too hosed up. They claim to be neutral but you can see from this whole debacle that they’ll just flock to whichever side is against “SJWs.” Though I guess they did help with the whole Shmorky thing, but I’d say that’s the exception that makes the rule.

Needless to say they’re living in bizzaro world and spinning this massive loss as a miscarriage of justice, since they’re smarter about the law than the Very Unfair Lazy judge and the ignorant masses of law twitter.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Keltar posted:

lol shut up bitch

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, it probably doesn't help that most of the Vic stans don't even seem to understand what the case is about. A lot of people are acting like Vic is being put on trial for his actions in some sense (and therefore being found guilty), when this is just a defamation suit he brought up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I do wonder what Nick is going to do for the next grift, cause this grift has run its course. It's probably going to be insanely hard to get someone else to sign up with beard at this point for another thing like this.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

He’ll probably just keep streaming about The Vic Wars and maybe even go after someone else for the same thing as Monica et al.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Anora posted:

I do wonder what Nick is going to do for the next grift, cause this grift has run its course. It's probably going to be insanely hard to get someone else to sign up with beard at this point for another thing like this.

He doesn't need someone else, the True Believers are still going to funnel cash to him.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Money for nothin' grifts for free

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Wild ride with this case, I'm glad that some states make it easy for someone to countersue for legal fees and sanctions when someone sues you and gets that poo poo dismissed basically at the earliest point possible, and with wild incompetence involved to boot. I gotta say I wasn't expecting Texas to be one of those states but hey, good for them.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

mallratcal posted:

And never forget.

I love this fixation with cigars and usually a glass of whiskey or some other 'old man' drink. They so love the cliche of "Cigar smoke filled backrooms where the real work is done." They all live in an episode of Downton Abbey or some poo poo.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Popo posted:

I love this fixation with cigars and usually a glass of whiskey or some other 'old man' drink. They so love the cliche of "Cigar smoke filled backrooms where the real work is done." They all live in an episode of Downton Abbey or some poo poo.

I love the giant filthy ashtray filled with normal cigarettes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I love the giant filthy ashtray filled with normal cigarettes.

That's not an ashtray, that's the saucer that goes under a terra cotta flower pot

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Wild ride with this case, I'm glad that some states make it easy for someone to countersue for legal fees and sanctions when someone sues you and gets that poo poo dismissed basically at the earliest point possible, and with wild incompetence involved to boot. I gotta say I wasn't expecting Texas to be one of those states but hey, good for them.

Around thirty states... and nothing federal. Could be better. You can see Devin Nunes suing in every state that doesn't have an anti-SLAPP statute

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Popo posted:

And yet there Nick is in khaki shorts and those athletic slippers to totally undercut even that.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Oh God, watching the ISWV civil war right now is hilarious. On the one side, you've got the delusional idiots that believe the judge dropped the ball on an ironclad legal argument and all Vic needs to do is appeal and shut up the SJWs forever, and on the other hand you've got the people who realize this was a huge grift and are calling everyone idiots for donating money to the legal team, and both sides just won't stop screaming at each other.

My favorite moment of the die-hards was after the initial 90% dismissal, some of these morons were actually suggesting Chupp dismissed most of the charges so he could sweep back in on the 4th, reverse himself, and stick it to the defendants good and proper to teach SJWs around the country a lesson.

I so can't wait until the damages and fees hearing.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
They should just call themselves VicAnon

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

They should just call themselves VicAnon

“Hi I’m Alan and I’ve been a Full Metal Alchemist fan for fifteen years.”

“Hi Alan.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I was going more for the Q death cult thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don’t practice texas law, but I’m pretty sure the judge can take actions to prevent that if he sanctions them based upon the war chest in the first place. If he orders they personally pay and they fund raise again, he can sanction them again/hold them in contempt.
Could you please give a "I don't practice texas law but I do practice law" opinion on what, if anything, will happen to Ty when he forged a notarized signature?

That forgery was the icing on the "how does this guy get to practice law?" cake.