Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Me at work when I'm bored but can't go home early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ViggyNash posted:

Holy poo poo, 5 minutes into Cautious Hero and it's already amazingly good. The godess's VA work is so good it could carry a show - not that it needs saving. The animation and directing, despite mostly being the Goddess talking to herself, is Trigger af in the best way possible, though it's helmed by White Fox. (Are there Trigger vets working on this show because it feels way too Trigger to be a coincidence.)

it doesn't have any trigger staff. the faces are like that because its character designer and chief animation director is toda mai, that kind of comical facial expression work is her specialty. you see the same stuff in girls' last tour and soushin shoujo matoi

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Black Fox was good but you could also tell this was TV show made into a movie in places as the pacing felt all over the place at times and the ending while good was also very much tune into the next episode

But all for Lily and Mai dating and being Ninja espers together

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the goddess is very thirsty

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Oh, shexhiii~

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beasteh posted:

Oh, shexhiii~

Abs....

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Six pack... :syoon:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Six pack... :syoon:

Standout moment

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Good news: Isekai Quartet Season 2 airs in January!

Bad news: The only new cast is from...Shield Hero.

No Rimuru Tempest.

My disappointment is immesurable.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Does anyone know where I can watch the new fate anime?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Does anyone know where I can watch the new fate anime?
If you mean El-Melloi's Case Files, Crunchyroll has it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and babylonia is on funimation, but the new ep isn't subbed yet

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
ty

Wark Say posted:

If you mean El-Melloi's Case Files, Crunchyroll has it.

Yeah i meant the other one with gilgamesh but actually this looks interesting too. had no idea it existed thanks

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh huh, so crunchyroll has Babylonia episode 0 but won't get the rest? Lame, time to dust off the funi account i guess

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

Oh huh, so crunchyroll has Babylonia episode 0 but won't get the rest? Lame, time to dust off the funi account i guess

funimation has basically a timed exclusivity thing on it, so CR should eventually get the episodes but it'll be at least a month delay before they start showing up

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah also realized Blackfox joined Nanoha Detonation in having Elon Musk as the main villain which is chef kiss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlphaMike321/status/1180553591582609408

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Grouchio posted:

No Rimuru Tempest.

only solution to this is to write an isekai novel about the reincarnation of john brown continuing to murder slavers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

No Rimuru Tempest.

rimuru was never going to be in isekai quartet, all the series in it are published by kadokawa. slime is published by micro magazine.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Iruma-kun was fun enough, but for the most part seems like it'll be standard school rom-com shenanigans with a demon realm skin. It hasn't done anything all that interesting with its setting yet but the first episode has potential.

More importantly, I'm 2/3 for shows with german suplexes this season.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Cautious hero is surprisingly good, both of the leads are actually kind of funny and there are a lot of little jokes/gags. They managed not to beat the joke too far into the ground with whatshisface and he's somehow sort of likeable.

furry wrestler isekai... I don't know that I would call it funny, but I couldn't help but laugh. Uncomfortable/shocked/horrified laughter. I read the comments earlier in the thread but I was not expecting that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
babylonia will defeat all suplex competition, like case files and approximately two minutes of UBW before it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Granblue sure was generic fantasy anime as I expected

Well it wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special. And they're totally going to not finish the first story arc this cour too it looks like as well. Really does feel like it's behind Azur Lane and FGO a fair bit

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

My experience playing Granblue is that it has pretty good and charming writing, but that mostly seems to come from stuff at least a couple of years into the games life. Of the stuff the anime's covering outside of the Vira and Katalina arc most of it is basically just serviceable fantasy. Nothing particularly special at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Was there not already a Granblue anime

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
This is the sequel, I think.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It's important to note that there's nothing bad about Granblue. It's a perfectly fine show. It's just not special by any means. If you want time fantasy adventure comfort food, it's a reasonable choice.

I still have it on my list to watch since I enjoyed the first 5 episodes of the first season, but just didn't really feel motivated to watch more at the time.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well the key visual did show Vira and Ferry, so s2 will definitely hit those arcs.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My experience playing Granblue is that it has pretty good and charming writing, but that mostly seems to come from stuff at least a couple of years into the games life. Of the stuff the anime's covering outside of the Vira and Katalina arc most of it is basically just serviceable fantasy. Nothing particularly special at all.

The first arc isn't bad as a story but it's very generic (It's also plagued by the fact the game is paced fairly horribly till about chapter 50).

I get why they are doing it cause it is important but I am bit shocked they aren't speeding it up or adapting it more

ViggyNash posted:

It's important to note that there's nothing bad about Granblue. It's a perfectly fine show. It's just not special by any means. If you want time fantasy adventure comfort food, it's a reasonable choice.

I still have it on my list to watch since I enjoyed the first 5 episodes of the first season, but just didn't really feel motivated to watch more at the time.

Yeah it's not bad and has some decent visuals and some flair in places. But it's pacing and overall direction is just typical fantasy and it's these types of shows that I end up falling behind and never catching up on

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
In my opinion, the game's main story doesn't really hit its stride till Vira, since they have the full crew at that point and the story actually starts progressing. Season 1 only covered the first 3 islands, which is basically still crew gathering. Season 2 presumably will cover Vira, Ferry, and potentially Black Knight/Orchid stuff based off that first key visual we got, but that's also a lot of ground to cover, especially if they're gonna insert in side stories. The game's real strength is from side stories though, which s1 barely touched.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The main story has really been good recently but the What Makes the Sky Blue events probably has been the best overall story in Granblue and the anime probably won't even touch it

Shame as I know parts of the Audience would love to See Lucfier, Lucio and Lucilius animated

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The anime elevated the source material for Iruma kun a lot by having goofy rear end beetlejuice music in the background

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
season 2 shows off how they eased up on a previously stiff animation style to let the chars breathe, be malleable.

a tavern scene early on shows the energy the main cast can achieve.

decent action this week too,,felt like they were fighting a guardian in botw. lol

Allarion posted:

In my opinion, the game's main story doesn't really hit its stride till Vira, since they have the full crew at that point and the story actually starts progressing. Season 1 only covered the first 3 islands, which is basically still crew gathering. Season 2 presumably will cover Vira, Ferry, and potentially Black Knight/Orchid stuff based off that first key visual we got,

yup, s2e1 ends with them getting invited to island del vira

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I feel like this ended up being much funnier in still images than it likely was in motion but it got a good enough laugh out of me that I'll look myself.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The Cautious Hero anime is a loving delight. The faces are good, the goddess is charming (and coming from her POV is a good idea), and if I'm being honest the hero DOES have a point sometimes. Sure, he's overly cautious but taking genre conventions for granted is also crazy! You're suddenly in a world with magic but you've been granted a videogame-like interface and you're supposed to trust that it works perfectly? What if you're being tricked from the very start? What if this whole system is just some some imperialistic godlike realm dropping human weapons to enforce their interdimensional hegemony?!

Anyway, watch the Cautious Hero, it's on Hulu and Funimation.

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

chuubyou boys delivers exactly what it promised, is overall pretty great

im sure that if it was waifus instead of husbandos everyone would be talking about this show

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres been a dozen just as generic female versions already so i doubt it

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I watched Azur Lane since it popped up on Hulu and having no familiarity with Azur Lane in general I feel like I don’t understand why aircraft carriers can have unicorn and giant wolf... familiars?

anyhoo Laffey is a mood

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

wolfs posted:

I watched Azur Lane since it popped up on Hulu and having no familiarity with Azur Lane in general I feel like I don’t understand why aircraft carriers can have unicorn and giant wolf... familiars?

anyhoo Laffey is a mood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Oh good, a season 2 of Mahouka. Because one season that managed to combine being dull and racist wasn't enough.