Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Paladinus posted:

I have never seen or thought of an ant in my entire life.

Safe choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ariong posted:

quote:

No, I meant what I said. Considering it's not mentioned anywhere in the game, your character isn't gay. Simply taking the CF perk doesn't make you gay either. And the dialogue from taking it clearly has a tone that your character isn't being truthful with what he says.
lmao i'd forgotten "it isn't mentioned anywhere in the game that your character is gay but i clicked on the perk that is literally a euphemism for being gay and now i'm gay, explain that"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My parents did use the "bachelor" euphemism to explain to child-me why my great-uncle was always single at the family get-togethers. I also thought it meant the 'ladies man' definition at the time and didn't twig to it until they finally said "he's not into women" when I was a teenager. In my defense the illness that took my hearing at age 5 did also give me actual verifiable brain damage, though, what's Bloody Hedgehog's excuse

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My parents did use the "bachelor" euphemism to explain to child-me why my great-uncle was always single at the family get-togethers. I also thought it meant the 'ladies man' definition at the time and didn't twig to it until they finally said "he's not into women" when I was a teenager. In my defense the illness that took my hearing at age 5 did also give me actual verifiable brain damage, though, what's Bloody Hedgehog's excuse

*poring over several graphs and charts, books piled around in immense stacks

It seems as though all the findings are pointing towards him being a moron....

*removes scientist glasses

and yet he is also an idiot. A dire case indeed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I got called a bachelor at 12

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy poo poo i forgot he said that he thought it meant he could "beat up gay people for being weird."

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Phy posted:

If you were a horse you could be immortal

Even hearing of the concept of ants is enough to be at risk of thinking of them, and consequentially dying.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ants! ants! ants! ants!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Wasn't there some guy who had a rabbit, but wanted to get a dog, despite the fact that was a really lovely idea?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

Wasn't there some guy who had a rabbit, but wanted to get a dog, despite the fact that was a really lovely idea?
It's somewhere in the rabbits megathread in PI

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2549220&pagenumber=235&perpage=40#post486462784

Here you go.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao I forgot how mad I was at that guy

e: that guy doesn't have BPD though, I was full-on wrong lol

FactsAreUseless has a new favorite as of 04:45 on Oct 6, 2019

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That's mostly why I remember it. Actually, looking back on my posting history, I had actually asked about hares in this thread before, because of that doofus.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao I forgot how mad I was at that guy

It's kind of hard to blame you when the stakes of Dumb Goon Ideas are dead animals. I assume that's why PI drama ends up so heated when it does happen; "hey, I'm going to do a thing to endanger pets" is going to get people insanely angry, and usually for good reason.

I was going to say that the only topic that could raise as much goon ire is video games, but that just reminded me of the thread in PI where a guy came in asking for advice on rehoming his Golden Retrievers, because he didn't have time for them, and the thread got swarmed by WoW goons putting him on blast for playing WoW all day and neglecting his animals. It was basically a perfect storm.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I like the part where he piously tried to put FAU on ignore, realized that he couldn't and went right back to responding to him.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Antivehicular posted:

It's kind of hard to blame you when the stakes of Dumb Goon Ideas are dead animals. I assume that's why PI drama ends up so heated when it does happen; "hey, I'm going to do a thing to endanger pets" is going to get people insanely angry, and usually for good reason.

I was going to say that the only topic that could raise as much goon ire is video games, but that just reminded me of the thread in PI where a guy came in asking for advice on rehoming his Golden Retrievers, because he didn't have time for them, and the thread got swarmed by WoW goons putting him on blast for playing WoW all day and neglecting his animals. It was basically a perfect storm.

That's the same dude who was playing wow and trying to raid while his wife was in labor btw

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WoW destroyed people's brains it's awesome lmao.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

He also reported the person that called him an rear end in a top hat.

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Oct 6, 2019

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hub Cat posted:

holy poo poo, I'd forgotten this, this is gold

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hub Cat posted:

That thread is from five years ago and only two of the people there are still modmins. :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That thread is from five years ago and only two of the people there are still modmins. :smith:
Do you know what happened to Xylo? As far as I know he just stopped posting one day and never came back.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I clicked through to Abe’s rapsheet because I wanted to see if he got banned or just run out on a rail, and Jeffery of Yospos has somehow given Abe a probation that links to one of his own posts. What is this wizardry?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you know what happened to Xylo? As far as I know he just stopped posting one day and never came back.

I have no idea. He kind of disappeared while you were still just a mod, I think. Said something about being busy with a kid, and that was that. A shame for the forums, he was pretty cool.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shitposting is the only child I need

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

stopped posting one day and never came back.

Isn’t that the dream?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Saw this post, was reminded of a wonderful SA Saga that is somewhere in this thread.

bike tory posted:

I like to imagine they went to the swimming pool with some poo poo like this on:

freeedr posted:

What a loving STROKE

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The only real meltdown I remember him having was when he started crying when Pillars of Eternity reached its funding goal.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Nothing super-crazy by SA drama standards, he just took the goon love of Obsidian Entertainment to an absurd degree and made a crazy-enthusiastic post about how he was literally sobbing with joy when Pillars was fully funded on Kickstarter. It’s just the one I remember because I saw it live and it was very :yikes:

No, I don't think that was Bloody Hedgehog or ChibiSoma. In fact, I'm completely sure that the crybaby goon was uh,well- me :blush: Seriously, check my rap sheet. I have no defence other than the fact that I really like Obsidian games, and I was really happy that the Kickstarter saved them. Mind you, considering we got Pillars 1&2 along with Tyranny out of the deal, I think I was fully justified :colbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ariong posted:

I clicked through to Abe’s rapsheet because I wanted to see if he got banned or just run out on a rail, and Jeffery of Yospos has somehow given Abe a probation that links to one of his own posts. What is this wizardry?

the probation reason is "did ZDR fix this bug??" so one assumes that it is some sort of bug

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

FactsAreUseless posted:

he's fine, just busy with life/children and sick of squabbling goons.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

ants! ants! ants! ants!

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i'd be chibisoma's irl friend, it'd be fun to get them drunk and start them raving about pop culture lesbians or whatever and then abandon them on public transport

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the probation reason is "did ZDR fix this bug??" so one assumes that it is some sort of bug

you could probably gently caress with the HTTP POST parameters and the bespoke radium code didn't verify that the referenced post was actually posted by the probated poster.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

No, I don't think that was Bloody Hedgehog or ChibiSoma. In fact, I'm completely sure that the crybaby goon was uh,well- me :blush: Seriously, check my rap sheet. I have no defence other than the fact that I really like Obsidian games, and I was really happy that the Kickstarter saved them. Mind you, considering we got Pillars 1&2 along with Tyranny out of the deal, I think I was fully justified :colbert:

So what do you think about me censoring gravestones in Pillars 1 then?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fauna posted:

i'd be chibisoma's irl friend, it'd be fun to get them drunk and start them raving about pop culture lesbians or whatever and then abandon them on public transport

I almost wonder if they peaked too early given the opportunities for melting down that Steven Universe would supply.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arivia posted:

Eh, didn't care then, didn't care now. Transphobia' a load of bullshit anyway, even in the form of 'harmless' jokes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hub Cat posted:

He also posted about it in the breakup megathread in e/n

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3386887&userid=142190

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Arivia posted:

What's this now?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

What's this now?

when Pillars 1 came out, Arivia pointed out a backer tombstone on twitter that was just a bad transphobic joke, the devs apologized for letting it through and removed it from the game while people on twitter went apoplectic about her "censoring art"

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Hell if I knew how good Tyranny and Pillars 2 would be I might have shed a manly tear myself. Go with God homie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

For some reason I get the two of you mixed up a lot though. Did you have the same avatar at some point or something?