Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Sapozhnik posted:

i LoVe To EnGaGe WiTh BrAnDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqVyw5EzOY

e: :catte: tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Tide Pod hoax really was ahead of the game.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Ratjaculation posted:

So close, but yet so far. Polls. Don't. Mean. poo poo. Seriously, just ask Theresa May how her crushing went.

Nice weird underdog film synopsis tho

Polls are like weather forecasts, if one says it might rain next Thursday, you're a little sceptical, but if three say it'll absolutely chuck it down tomorrow, you best bring a brolly.

In other words, they are pretty good at determining what might happen the following day, but pretty useless when it comes to anything too far in the future.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HJB posted:

Polls are like weather forecasts, if one says it might rain next Thursday, you're a little sceptical, but if three say it'll absolutely chuck it down tomorrow, you best bring a brolly.

In other words, they are pretty good at determining what might happen the following day, but pretty useless when it comes to anything too far in the future.

Cumulonimbus clouds don’t have land lines and are chronically disproportionately underrepresented in weather forecasts, and for some reason cirrus clouds never opt in to facebook surveys :shrug:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I just asked my gran if she'd vote for me, so my poll data is this:

Rat: 100%
Lab: 0%
Con: 0%
Brx: 0%
LD: 0%
Grn: 0%

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I saw the rat party political broadcast and to be honest I was impressed with the honesty of their platform.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Ratjaculation posted:

I just asked my gran

Weird how you use the exact same polling method as YouGov and get different results.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I saw the rat party political broadcast and to be honest I was impressed with the honesty of their platform.

Holy poo poo... is that 3d Movie Maker... that ruled 7 year old mes life.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Ratjaculation posted:

I just asked my gran if she'd vote for me, so my poll data is this:

Rat: 100%
Lab: 0%
Con: 0%
Brx: 0%
LD: 0%
Grn: 0%

What is your first policy going to be?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

That Italian Guy posted:

What is your first policy going to be?

compulsory 8 week training for every citizen over 16 on how to indicate correctly on roundabouts

(we're a populist party)

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Wachter posted:

Speyside pods

Top post this

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wachter posted:

To be fair, he did say he spends his time going to Pret a Manger.

Also to be fair the nearest London pub to his constituency is even further, the context is clearly 'when he's in London doing MP things' :shobon:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
making fun of the pork markets speech is now pro-trans rights praxis, I don't make the rules

https://twitter.com/MoS_Politics/status/1180585115652509696

e: a few days after she stood in front of a bar and pretended to care even, lol

https://twitter.com/LGBTCons/status/1179138916676505601

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Idea for a very special comment or commentariat: Toby Young edition. You have to guess if it's a quote from an article by commentariat Toby Young, or if it's a frothy take in the comments of a Toby Young article.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Isn't Toby Young the only person who comments on Toby Young articles?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

making fun of the pork markets speech is now pro-trans rights praxis, I don't make the rules
"Pick your own sex"
:negative:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Idea for a very special comment or commentariat: Toby Young edition. You have to guess if it's a quote from an article by commentariat Toby Young, or if it's a frothy take in the comments of a Toby Young article.
I don't think it's fair to send our podcasters into the comments section of a Toby Young article, at least not without the right PPE (where's ronya?)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Who wants comments?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Guavanaut posted:

"Pick your own sex"
:negative:

Is this like those “pick your own produce” activities you can do at farms?

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

xtothez posted:

Commentariat

:golfclap:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If we ever get round to a Toby Young ep, that’s likely to be exactly how CoC will work day :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

After finding a bunch of toby youmg artocles its easy to tell who is who because young is a commentator who talks about himself a lot

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

Is this like those “pick your own produce” activities you can do at farms?
Yes, but with those mushrooms posted earlier.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

who else got Glastonbury tickets?
going to be fun when no non-Brit artist can get through customs

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
more like asstownbury

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cerv posted:

Not as fun as when no British artist can afford to tour outside the country because they won't be able to transport merch.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cerv posted:

Completely forgot. Kind of glad I skipped the hour of pain and inevitable disappointment.

I think it's seven years of trying without success now. Why they don't just have a massive ballot is beyond me.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Apparently there's a new Ken Loach film about the gig economy, and the Guardian got some of the worst people in the world (and some ok ones) to comment on it.

Sounds like something worth watching, RDA of rage permitting.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That Lib Dem PSA has been uploaded in full

https://twitter.com/WDTATW_Podcast/status/1180819699862515713?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this sucks

https://twitter.com/PinkNews/status/1180827162393403392

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bobstar posted:

Apparently there's a new Ken Loach film about the gig economy, and the Guardian got some of the worst people in the world (and some ok ones) to comment on it.

Sounds like something worth watching, RDA of rage permitting.

"too down on the gig economy to be wholly plausible." is some perfect advisor to David Cameron bullshit. gently caress the IEA

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it really a betrayal when a tory does what tories do?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Would have thought Glasto would be too corporate for people in this chat to want to go to it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bump_fn posted:

more like asstownbury

the secret is its not actually in glastonbury

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Would have thought Glasto would be too corporate for people in this chat to want to go to it.

I just watch the good acts on telly while quietly grumbling to myself at Glasto's continued bias against metal music because Michael Eavis thinks we're all violent psychopaths. The big jobby.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its because metal is shite so has its own festivals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the liberal mindset

https://twitter.com/noelfielding11/status/1180576501051412481?s=20

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jose posted:

So much for the tolerant left.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

OwlFancier posted:

Is it really a betrayal when a tory does what tories do?

Yeah I remember posting some interview with her on the BBC where she was not very keen on foreign students or something along those lines.

She's an "equalities" minister, helping the Tories with the pesky problem of uppity minorities demanding equality.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose posted:

It's the only true artform OP.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Good to see Rob Delaney in the comments there, he’s a good lad. And I found this on his feed:

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/1180800057853038593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Steve2911 posted:

Completely forgot. Kind of glad I skipped the hour of pain and inevitable disappointment.

I think it's seven years of trying without success now. Why they don't just have a massive ballot is beyond me.

Tried for 30 mins on Thursday and today with a load of devices, browsers etc, no luck. I wish they’d just use the standard queue software that everyone else does.