Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Leaving Portland today to go back home to Seattle. I really wish I could stay though, this city is so much nicer and cooler than Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i loved her late 90’s hit “bathbeating”

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You get cursed if you don't complete a horror game in October so I've been trying to find some I haven't played and I've got:

SOMA
The Wii U Project Zero/Fatal Frame maybe if the digital price isn't too ridiculous (and I might replay the Wii remake of 2 because it's good)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (not horror I guess but I liked Revelations 1 when I played it earlier this year - I hope it's ok solo though because it looks like it's supposed to be played co-op)
That Yomawari thing someone here has mentioned a few times
Observation if it goes on sale
Horror goty Luigi's Mansion 3

I'd like to play Pathologic 2 but it's not out on consoles yet

also truly terrifying is that the 2d yooka laylee actually looks like a pretty good DKCR clone

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I might be wrong about this but I don't think Resident Evil Revelations 2 even has co-op

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Andrast posted:

Civ getting rid of unit stacks was a big mistake imo

Stacks of doom is one the very few threatening strategies the AI is capable of executing. Without it there's just no danger at all.
Stacks of doom were poo poo though because they pretty much forced you to be making units constantly instead of playing peaceful or else you're getting steamrolled because your opponent made more stacks than you.

Civ 5's combat was leagues better and actually gives the defender more of a fighting chance if they haven't gone all in on military.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 6, 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It does, the 2nd char usually doesn't have a gun though iirc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That reminds me of the Xbox 360 E3 presentation where they were creating hypothetical user demographics and the one woman was "not a hardcore gamer" but would love using Xbox Live to create avatars for other users and especially to voice chat with random people online

Truly Microsoft had their finger on the pulse of the community

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i loved her late 90’s hit “bathbeating”

They punch me to the floor
And then I push myself back on my feet
I'm not staying flat on the floor

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i never even touched the single player in resident evil revelations 2, i just ended up playing the weird level based zombie horde mode gachapon thing

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

i never even touched the single player in resident evil revelations 2, i just ended up playing the weird level based zombie horde mode gachapon thing
I got to Episode 2 and just gave up because the campaign was a mess in that Capcom clearly didn't know what they wanted the game to be, a survival horror game or an action horror and Rev 2 is bad at both because of that. I just ended up playing a bunch of Raid Mode to make up for buying the whole game too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Stacks of doom were poo poo though because they pretty much forced you to be making units constantly instead of playing peaceful or else you're getting steamrolled because your opponent made more stacks than you.

Civ 5's combat was leagues better and actually gives the defender more of a fighting chance if they haven't gone all in on military.

If by fighting chance you mean trivially repel any AI invasion because the AI doesn't know how to do anything, sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rev2 raid mode is a pretty good switch game, until I realized there was like 2 more difficulties past finishing the whole thing 3 times already

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

It does, the 2nd char usually doesn't have a gun though iirc

yeah, one character is your typical resident evil protag and the other is a support character who doesn't have a gun but can distract enemies, reveal secrets, and take alternate routes

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That reminds me of the Xbox 360 E3 presentation where they were creating hypothetical user demographics and the one woman was "not a hardcore gamer" but would love using Xbox Live to create avatars for other users and especially to voice chat with random people online

Truly Microsoft had their finger on the pulse of the community
I liked the Nintendo one with the Never girl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haunting Ground seems cool but its hard to wrap my head around this architecture, the castle seems more confusing to navigate than other Capcom Survival Horror explorer games

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well the second season of my friend's blood bowl league looks like it's finally come together and one of my friends even got his brother to join in so we don't need to fill a spot with a braindead ai team

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
What team are you playing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

freshly made norse team, because i thought we were going to all be doing new teams, but actually a majority of people decided to stick with their teams from the old season. chaos dwarfs guy switched to high elfs, and his brother is doing an undead team though. i really wanted to try out a khorne daemons team but cyanide never put them in blood bowl 2 even though they put in slann (i.e. kislev) and chaos dwarfs, and had khorne daemons in blood bowl 1.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Looper posted:

yeah, one character is your typical resident evil protag and the other is a support character who doesn't have a gun but can distract enemies, reveal secrets, and take alternate routes

It works pretty well with moira because apparently a crowbar is to zombies what a stake is to vampires. Natalia plain sucks to get stuck with though.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Humba Wumba would absolutely not fly as a character in a game in 2019.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

moira what are you doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYEHlHZyVuM

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got through the first two stages for Illbleed. It's so weird that the first level has a ton of traps to spot, and then the second doesn't even use the trap system at all.

Also made it through the first day in Pathologic 2. I died once to people thinking I was a murderer but the mob has calmed down for now. I know the survival stuff is going to get worse as it goes but I'm glad I kept it on the standard settings - I think this is one of the few games where the survival aspects actually add to the mood and gameplay.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Trying to get an emulation of Star Wars Trilogy arcade going since I have a flight stick

Edit - Unfortunately, the flight stick doesn't work well since it jerks around all over the place instead of being a smooth 1:1 like the arcade

Roth fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 7, 2019

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
More TABG Hobbit Fights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMuYAe5MyXU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Roth posted:

Trying to get an emulation of Star Wars Trilogy arcade going since I have a flight stick

Edit - Unfortunately, the flight stick doesn't work well since it jerks around all over the place instead of being a smooth 1:1 like the arcade

No, that sounds like the true arcade experience.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

AGDQ 2020's finale looks to be... FINAL FANTASY VIII

https://gamesdonequick.com/submission/games-list

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/tempusrob/status/1175837158214471680

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

TASBot on Pokemon Blue, Mario 2 and 3 :swoon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beaten: ai somnium files (bad ending)

Need to go down the other pathways but liking it a lot so far. Kinda bummed about the puzzles though. They are pretty easy vs ones in his older games.

Anywho its a very funny game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I still can't believe that Nancy has a dog and its name is Poochie

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Has anyone played The Black Watchmen? Seems like a neat persistent ARG experience. I've owned it for a few years and was thinking about playing it this month with my wife, but I can't really figure out if we need to play during a "season" or can just jump in.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think there's plenty of stuff to play whenever.. though I preferred Ahnayro to Black Watchmen as a pure puzzle experience

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The 7th Guest posted:

This might actually be the one JRPG speedrun I want to watch because that game can be broken in half really early.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

The 7th Guest posted:

quote:

Animorphs (GBC)

:siren: :shittypop: :siren:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still can't believe that Nancy has a dog and its name is Poochie

Poochie's been around since Bushmiller, it seems, and even appeared once in the current run before this latest story: https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2018/06/27

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

njsykora posted:

This might actually be the one JRPG speedrun I want to watch because that game can be broken in half really early.

A "speedrun" of nearly 9 hours...

I guess when I played it I spent 90 hours so doing it in a tenth of the time is impressive

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I guess I'll skip the last 9 hours then

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
“So here we’re going to grind for some cards. Go ahead and read donations for the next hour.”

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Baten Kaitos 100% speedrun, except it's run concurrently with the main GDQ stage.

See who finishes first.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Infinitum posted:

Baten Kaitos 100% speedrun, except it's run concurrently with the main GDQ stage.

See who finishes first.

Don't forget Shadow the Hedgehog 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The 7th Guest posted:

mario and luigi co op