Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I want it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Galarian Rapidash leak

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I hope Ash-Greninja is dead and in hell

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ash-gren died so that ferro can live

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Instead we're getting Ash-Intelleon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Too much horsing around in this thread

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bojack Horseaman

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Funky Valentine posted:

Bojack Horseaman

that was a good episode

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkAzt6UjKFI

found a four minute recap of the 24 hour livestream for anyone who missed it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i love...the horse...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It has been several hours since Galarian Ponyta's debut and nobody's fused it with Wooloo yet

What is wrong with you, fandom

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vinylshadow posted:

It has been several hours since Galarian Ponyta's debut and nobody's fused it with Wooloo yet

You fool, the combined cuteness will destroy us all! Your hubris is you undoing!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vinylshadow posted:

please keep slash image requests to yourself

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Fabulous ponies are nice, but I'm holding out for a Kate Beatonesque shetland ponymon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hoping the the ponies are fire/fairy so I may do my first full fairy team run. That's right fellas I'm taking this bus to cute town! First stop Adorbsville!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I've started replaying Pokemon White 2

The first hour of the game's kinda not great. The first town does quite a bit to establish that it's a small town at the edge of the region that just doesn't have strong trainers whatsoever. Almost nobody leaves because few people get pokemon, and those who do don't think of battles at all. Hugh's dad is likely the strongest trainer here, and that's probably why Hugh got that starter egg and his sister whatever pokemon that got kidnapped. Then you get to leave the town and it's kinda like there's an abundance of trainers and resources that very quickly escalate from levels 3 to 13. Then a guy gatekeeps the next area until you get a badge... but past him there's toddlers hanging around with level 10 pokemon...
The distribution's also kinda lame at first. Puppers and cats. Not bad, exactly, but you get the reveal that there's older pokemon rather unceremoniously. There's mareep hanging around in a farm, and you can see them, or catch Azurrils. Makes me wish they'd have kept the older pokemon a secret until you fight that guy that won't let you through without a badge because he pulls out a loving Riolu on you. Or have you see better older stuff in the wild.
Story just isn't as tight or thoughtful so far. Hugh makes it clear that his sister's pokemon got kidnapped, and you get to see Team Plasma but nobody else does. That much is neat, everything else is just people shoving the adventure at you and treating it as normal. Gotta fill the pokedex, probably because Juniper remembered she had a friend at this backwater corner of the region.

The very last stuff I did was neater, tho. Entering the second gym's city you get to see the punk girl leader argue with her dad who wants to be a sailor and a movie star. Gym Leaders still being useful to the community is great. You can enter the gym right away but you also have the option to go to the side area and explore, maybe get a magnemite. But it's mostly Electric pokemon rather than steel, so you won't get like super effective moves for the gym.

Doing this on Challenge Mode. Cheren was an actual challenge I couldn't just mash against, had to play the numbers just right with Tepig at level 15 and holding a berry so it could outspeed everything with flame charge and survive enough damage.

Interesting to see the game further. I'm sure it'll get better as it opens up more, and going to previous areas with tweaks instead of this whole new introduction.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Interesting to see the game further. I'm sure it'll get better as it opens up more, and going to previous areas with tweaks instead of this whole new introduction.

What's your party at the moment. I picked Snivy/Purrloin as my starting duo and picked up Riolu when I got to the farm. Roxie's gym was tough due to how effective venoshock is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ka0 posted:

What's your party at the moment. I picked Snivy/Purrloin as my starting duo and picked up Riolu when I got to the farm. Roxie's gym was tough due to how effective venoshock is.

Pignite, Patrat and Elekid. I'll double back to the farm for a Riolu

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/El_Aleph87/status/1180684881887674368

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So I've started replaying Pokemon White 2

The first hour of the game's kinda not great. The first town does quite a bit to establish that it's a small town at the edge of the region that just doesn't have strong trainers whatsoever. Almost nobody leaves because few people get pokemon, and those who do don't think of battles at all. Hugh's dad is likely the strongest trainer here, and that's probably why Hugh got that starter egg and his sister whatever pokemon that got kidnapped. Then you get to leave the town and it's kinda like there's an abundance of trainers and resources that very quickly escalate from levels 3 to 13. Then a guy gatekeeps the next area until you get a badge... but past him there's toddlers hanging around with level 10 pokemon...
The distribution's also kinda lame at first. Puppers and cats. Not bad, exactly, but you get the reveal that there's older pokemon rather unceremoniously. There's mareep hanging around in a farm, and you can see them, or catch Azurrils. Makes me wish they'd have kept the older pokemon a secret until you fight that guy that won't let you through without a badge because he pulls out a loving Riolu on you. Or have you see better older stuff in the wild.
Story just isn't as tight or thoughtful so far. Hugh makes it clear that his sister's pokemon got kidnapped, and you get to see Team Plasma but nobody else does. That much is neat, everything else is just people shoving the adventure at you and treating it as normal. Gotta fill the pokedex, probably because Juniper remembered she had a friend at this backwater corner of the region.

The very last stuff I did was neater, tho. Entering the second gym's city you get to see the punk girl leader argue with her dad who wants to be a sailor and a movie star. Gym Leaders still being useful to the community is great. You can enter the gym right away but you also have the option to go to the side area and explore, maybe get a magnemite. But it's mostly Electric pokemon rather than steel, so you won't get like super effective moves for the gym.

Doing this on Challenge Mode. Cheren was an actual challenge I couldn't just mash against, had to play the numbers just right with Tepig at level 15 and holding a berry so it could outspeed everything with flame charge and survive enough damage.

the Virbank complex also has Koffing and Growlithe, fyi. also, I hope you're ready for a mandatory Sewer Level. A sewer level? In my Pokemon game? Well, it's more likely than you'd think.

anyway yeah the first stretch of White 2? very eh. the distribution of Pokemon is weird, and mostly weak, although Mareep is good-ish, and with diligent training Riolu becomes a destroyer of worlds. those new areas are nothing special, until you get to Virbank. tbh Virbank may be, aesthetically, one of my favorite Pokemon cities.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

With that said, the Castelia sewers can't be completely explored due to lack of surf. There are however Drilburs in those dusty encounter patches (as well as Onix). I decided to skip it only on account on fielding Voltik (mistralton cave) and Volcarona (relic passage) later. The dark grass on route 20 also has rare Venipedes but without the global link and no dream world it won't have Speed Boost. Yes my team was immensely fire-vulnerable for a while.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Aren't the sewers also affected by whatever season it is? I remember returning there several times, and not just to fill out spots in my Pokedex.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Mierenneuker posted:

Aren't the sewers also affected by whatever season it is? I remember returning there several times, and not just to fill out spots in my Pokedex.

They are. The season system is one I'm glad they didn't carry over because having to wait months to get to certain areas is really annoying.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Hoping Galarian Ponyta ends up having no fire type at all. These delta species stuff are always way cooler the further away from base they get. (See Alolan Marowak)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hoping Galarian Ponyta ends up having no fire type at all. These delta species stuff are always way cooler the further away from base they get. (See Alolan Marowak)

It won't be a Fire type, if only so the Sinnoh remake can have an excuse to remove all Fire types from the game, as Game Freak always wanted.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Seasons are pretty neat, but they'd need to change every week for me to want them back. Anyway, this is the best Koffing has ever looked.

:3:

Also, they really DO NOT want you to get a Riolu. Trying to get its 5% chance is one thing, having to listen to this during that is just a circle of hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1mV9i-tiuA

All the other music has ranged from good to super cool, tho.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 6, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You can also completely cheese the Virbank Gym because Magnemite lurks in Virbank Complex and I had Lucario by this time as well

I wish you could skip the PokeWoods segment, but if you can handle the several hours it takes, you can load up on some great healing items completely free of charge (besides time, which one could argue is a far more precious resource nowadays)

indigi posted:

please keep slash image requests to yourself

Fusions aren't slash

There's plenty of Red/Green pics to scratch my Slash itch anyway

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Never get a riolu it is the second worst mon

We all know who the first worst is

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

riolu is a good dog

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, Riolu is fine.

Not sure if I'll keep it, tho. This time around I don't really remember what's available, and I want to keep that, like only checking what spawns in places after i'm done with them to see if I wanna run around for a rarer spawn I missed. So maybe I'll end up finding something I like better. The only pokemon I really want to use this run is a Chandelure, love that ghost boy. 'till then I'm running with Pignite(Porked), Riolu(Kiryu) and Elekid(no nickname since I can't fully evolve it).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Preevos are temporary pokemons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kurtofan posted:

Preevos are temporary pokemons

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Don't bring Satanism into the discussion please.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

i don't understand why is Chansey here, is she getting an evo

e: also, going through alpha sapphire for the first time since... GBA sapphire when I was 10. Literally the only friends I like so far are Mudkip and Shroomish and i'm past the first gym. Where in this game do you find cool monsters?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 6, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

blissey

e: since you asked, here are my fav Hoenn pokemon going entirely off my memory of when I was also 10, and not at all with how good they are now
- Ralts
- Lotad
- Aron
- Swablu
- Corphish
- Seviper/Zangoose
- Beldum
- Vibrava

like half of those are early/mid game

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 6, 2019

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Absol was Zacian before it was cool

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

e: also, going through alpha sapphire for the first time since... GBA sapphire when I was 10. Literally the only friends I like so far are Mudkip and Shroomish and i'm past the first gym. Where in this game do you find cool monsters?

Sableye is 10/10 top tier design and... okay in game. Ditto Aron.

You can also get Whismur to scream everything to death.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

also, going through alpha sapphire for the first time since... GBA sapphire when I was 10. Literally the only friends I like so far are Mudkip and Shroomish and i'm past the first gym. Where in this game do you find cool monsters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vinylshadow posted:

Absol was Zacian before it was cool

zacian is cool?