Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

switched the tv on at 4:20 am and instantly found a giant ant movie - coincidence?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Woah what's the movie??

Stoner Sloth

I think it's called 'marabunta', it's supposed to be set in alaska

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

switched the tv on at 4:20 am and instantly found a giant ant movie - coincidence?

the bugs in
a bugs life

are not giants, the camera is just very small, and close to the tiny little buggies

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

I think it's called 'marabunta', it's supposed to be set in alaska

oh my bad

Jaded Burnout

Pull up shirt to reveal BUG LIFE tattoo

Goons Are Gifts

Ants are not bugs :eng101:

Robot Made of Meat

Anemone Thief posted:

daylight saving time sucks its 11pm and im not sleepy

That's lack-of-daylight-saving-time you're experiencing.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

but they are buggies!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Pedantic: :eng101:

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Insecta
Order: Hymenoptera
Superfamily: Formicoidea
Family: Formicidae

Papa Was A Video Toaster

what is a bug if insects aren't bugs?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Goons Are Great posted:

Little known fact-they are in fact reptiles!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

the things that bug me are hairless, mostly, and run around on two feet

alnilam

Goons Are Great posted:

While to entomologists bug refers to a specific subgroup of insects, colloquially speaking to many english speakers bug is a term that actually supercedes "insect" and includes all insect sized exoskeltal critters like spiders etc

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

While to entomologists bug refers to a specific subgroup of insects, colloquially speaking to many english speakers bug is a term that actually supercedes "insect" and includes all insect sized exoskeltal critters like spiders etc

"many english speakers", says the americo-centric american

Stoner Sloth

alnilam posted:

slowly start to expand the term 'bug' to refer to all animals, plants, fungus and ghosts

also this movie is sorta hilarious because the 'giant' ants are just slightly larger than normal which makes it p funny that they're all panicking about it... like you can literally just walk away from them

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

slowly start to expand the term 'bug' to refer to all animals, plants, fungus and ghosts

also this movie is sorta hilarious because the 'giant' ants are just slightly larger than normal which makes it p funny that they're all panicking about it... like you can literally just walk away from them

at least bees can fly

please, in your byob bingo sheet, fill in "HP talks bout beeshit"

Stoner Sloth

ants are bees that are playing on expert difficulty

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

alnilam

Jaded Burnout posted:

"many english speakers", says the americo-centric american

i said many not most on purpose bc idk if it's actually more than 50% but it's certainly some significant number :shrug: pip pip cheerio m8

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

Which is foolish and very wrong, especially for animals that aren't even closely related to bugs as a subgroup like spiders!

Also note that the classification as "animalia" for kingdom as done above is extremely outdated and nowadays we usually refer to this specification as "supergroup" instead of kingdom, in order to be able to include "animals" like archaea and specific forms of fungi. :colbert:

I'm very willing to keep ants on this hill!!

Goons Are Gifts

(although I agree that bugs are a kind of lasagna which is a kind of sandwich which is a kind of soup)

Papa Was A Video Toaster

reminder: mushrooms are sentient and want to kill you

Goons Are Gifts

Theory: When something dies, it turns into a ghost, which is a kind of soup, and in order to make themselves whole again, they morph into mushrooms who then get out into soup, which is a kind of ghost.

Basically we all are mushrooms and want to eat each other at some point of the eternal cycle.

Goons Are Gifts

Snoop dog will one day become the most potent magic mushroom ever.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Stoner Sloth posted:

The episode of MacGyver in which he doesn't win, his enemy is ants, and they're not even giant ants. They kill his friend, overwhelm the plantation MacGyver is trying to protect, and defeat his improvised ant-proof suit, and the victory at the end is pretty much just MacGyver managing to not die.

They could have walked away from them though, so your point is still right. The real danger of ants is hubris!

Edit: Trumbo's World

Jaded Burnout

alnilam posted:

i said many not most on purpose bc idk if it's actually more than 50% but it's certainly some significant number :shrug: pip pip cheerio m8

just kiddin me ol m8ey no worries lorry etc

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The gobshites nicked me mobi off the boot off the lorry guvnah

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I just ate some gummy bears for the first time in a decade and it turns out Haribo macht Kaiser froh!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

Snoop dog will one day become the most potent magic mushroom ever.

yes

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I just ate some gummy bears for the first time in a decade and it turns out Haribo macht Kaiser froh!

haribo golden bears

Goons Are Gifts

Did you know that Haribo stands for Hans Riegel Bonn, which is the name of the founder plus the name of the city Bonn, which is the former capital of divided Germany and just south of Cologne?

What I'm actually saying is that his last name is Riegel which is super funny because in German it's a reference to the word Penis.

Goons Are Gifts

So is Hans, by the way.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

So is Hans, by the way.

hello i am hans richardson johnson the 1st

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Starting my own lines of gummi dicks called DiCoBo for Dick Cock Bonn

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Goons Are Great posted:

Did you know that Haribo stands for Hans Riegel Bonn, which is the name of the founder plus the name of the city Bonn, which is the former capital of divided Germany and just south of Cologne?

What I'm actually saying is that his last name is Riegel which is super funny because in German it's a reference to the word Penis.

penis penis..... bonn

anyways just came here to remind all the ant talk people that spicy boys are a thing

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

penis penis..... bonn

anyways just came here to remind all the ant talk people that spicy boys are a thing

The [spicy] boys are back in town

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

The [spicy] boys are back in town

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

alnilam posted:

and alnilam! :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
:anttony:

Also, classification systems = :can:

Barking Gecko fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 6, 2019