Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Aron loving owned

Steel types that gen were wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rinkles posted:

zacian is cool?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The best Gen 3 Pokemon are Aggron and Banette.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It was a good gen designwise.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
smdFuckingh that Flygon, one of the coolest dragon types of all time has been consistently shafted so hard

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I would recommend Glalie if you haven't used it before, Freeze Dry makes it a monster in the remake, especially with all the Gyarados you'll face.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If you are playing alpha sapphire and don't get Ludicolo you're doing something wrong.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TheKingofSprings posted:

smdFuckingh that Flygon, one of the coolest dragon types of all time has been consistently shafted so hard

She was OU in gens III and IV

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Exploud is a good boy who deserves a Mega.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

less laughter posted:

She was OU in gens III and IV

That's because Garchomp was banned in IV.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

rip

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SirSamVimes posted:

Exploud is a good boy who deserves a Mega.

All its Mega does is make it bigger because its design is already perfect and now it can blast sound better

Give it an ability that boosts sound-based moves by 50% and bypasses Soundproof because no headphones are going to save you from its sweet tunes

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vinylshadow posted:

All its Mega does is make it bigger because its design is already perfect and now it can blast sound better

That's just Dynamax.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Vinylshadow posted:

Give it an ability that boosts sound-based moves by 50% and bypasses Soundproof because no headphones are going to save you from its sweet tunes

Bigger and more pipes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SirSamVimes posted:

Bigger and more pipes.

It turns into an organ

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
starraptor better be in gen 8, so it can continue its endless streak of being trapped in borderline forever

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

i don't understand why is Chansey here, is she getting an evo

e: also, going through alpha sapphire for the first time since... GBA sapphire when I was 10. Literally the only friends I like so far are Mudkip and Shroomish and i'm past the first gym. Where in this game do you find cool monsters?
there's a couple cool mons in the dark cave around gym 2. if you were playing OR you'd have access to Mawile who is a beast this gen, but her counterpart's pretty neat too

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
His counterpart isn't pretty neat but extremely neat

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rinkles posted:

zacian is cool?

I’ll ask you not to badmouth Poké-Sif, thank you.

I am excited to have a Rapidash that doesn’t look like it’d send riders to the burn ward, as well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I hope that maybe with Megas gone they give Mawile and Sableye real evolutions (preferably just slightly toned down versions of their mega evos).

Also I hope we get other Galar forms that aren't from Gen 1. Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon is a start but since then we've just gotten more Gen 1 mons.

Give me Galaran Castform

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate the idea of megas and the good ones really should just be evolutions.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also just turn Beedrill into Mega-Beedrill. Better design all around and its actually a fun and functional Pokemon.

Ditto with Charizard into Mega Charizard-Y, Pidgeot, Altaria and Abomasnow.

there we have now saved all the good ones

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Geostomp posted:

I am excited to have a Rapidash that doesn’t look like it’d send riders to the burn ward, as well.

If it's fairy type, it'll do that by talking poo poo about their clothes.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
There’s a fun but completely unsubstantiated rumor going around since the Galarian Ponyta pseudo-reveal:

https://pokejungle.net/2019/10/05/rumor-galarian-ponyta-was-predicted-in-post-last-month/

I love the idea of Galar forms for Chatot, Luxray, Bisharp, and Girafarig. It’s probably bullshit but you never know!!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Bisharp will become fairy??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
we're definitely getting a galar-specific evo of some old trash mon for Shield, and the pool of "mons who dont evolve and are not just bad but really awful" is pretty small. if you specifically want another flying type Chatot is really the only one that comes to mind. Dunsparce would be cool too

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Finally, a reason for Basculin to exist.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

we're definitely getting a galar-specific evo of some old trash mon for Shield, and the pool of "mons who dont evolve and are not just bad but really awful" is pretty small. if you specifically want another flying type Chatot is really the only one that comes to mind. Dunsparce would be cool too

Delibird as well. Its even similar as its a 'joke' Pokemon and would parallel Farfetch'd nicely

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ka0 posted:

Finally, a reason for Basculin to exist.

basculin is waaay better than farfetch'd and friends. delibird is another good option though yeah

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
A soccer hooligan chatot would be pretty sweet

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sign me up for galarian delibird. i love that dude, but he's uhhhh

no esta bien

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Chatot has STAB boomburst and guaranteed confusion+damage, it's not remotely in the same ballpark of uselessness as Farfetch'd.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chatot but he's a bubuzuela

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Nihilarian posted:

there's a couple cool mons in the dark cave around gym 2. if you were playing OR you'd have access to Mawile who is a beast this gen, but her counterpart's pretty neat too

iirc, ORAS actually locks you out of the part of that cave that Mawile and Sableye spawn in until after you get your fifth badge. They also they don’t bother changing the level you encounter them at to compensate so have fun trying to catch them without killing them and then catching them up to the rest of your team

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Galar Delibird is themed around Kwanza.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Scrap Dragon posted:

iirc, ORAS actually locks you out of the part of that cave that Mawile and Sableye spawn in until after you get your fifth badge. They also they don’t bother changing the level you encounter them at to compensate so have fun trying to catch them without killing them and then catching them up to the rest of your team

I'm pretty sure it's only locked off until you can get the Mach Bike, so you can backtrack before you get your third badge. It's not that much better though, since whatever you're going back for is still gonna be pretty underlevelled, just closer to 10 levels behind the curve than 20.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zore posted:

Delibird as well. Its even similar as its a 'joke' Pokemon and would parallel Farfetch'd nicely

Delibird will evolve into Krampus.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Are we getting a new trailer this Wednesday?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Depending on your starter choice as well as team types, the Galar league champion will field a different team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I am so glad that new evolutions for old Pokémon are back on the table. They have been going back and touching up the BST, move pools, and abilities of some older, under-performing Pokémon, but many of them still feel incomplete as single stages. I hope that this means Chatot is finally due for one. It may have a moderately damaging 100% confusion move and STAB Boomburst but it still needs something more.