Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Thank you so much again! I do have the Maxpass for all the days. I forgot it had a different name. I didn't even think about adding the other person's tickets to my app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Thank you so much again! I do have the Maxpass for all the days. I forgot it had a different name. I didn't even think about adding the other person's tickets to my app.

Yeah, so if that person has their ticket linked on their app, you can have them pull it up on their app so the barcode shows. Then go into your own app, go to the screen to link it and it will use your phone's camera to scan the barcode on the other person's phone. Works a treat. And of course, the other person can do the same with your ticket on their app. Then either of you can make FP.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Lol welp

https://twitter.com/blog_mickey/status/1180660691625267200?s=21

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

:lol:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wow. I was just on it a few hours before that. It was quite nice.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
FWIW evacuations are still going on, but they are currently lacking fire trucks that can reach the liners at the highest points. This is a class A clusterfuck. Takes anywhere for 20-40 minutes to evacuate just one of these cabins. They'll get some from downtown or another agency but it'll be hours.

edit: Looks like they were able to clear some of the bottom ones and now are slowly moving them along backwards.

Atricks fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 6, 2019

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I don't remember if I said less than a week or less than a day and they'd have some goofy clusterfuck like this but :lol:

I feel sorry for those poor people but woo gently caress those things.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Super curious what caused the accident. Booked CB for January despite having a fear of heights mainly for the easy skyliner transportation :stonklol:

https://twitter.com/CPutman_WFTV/status/1180687070685216768

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Yikes, I mean everything new is gonna have teething issues but the nuclear scenario occurring a week in is some scary poo poo.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

So random thought, do any of the skyliner routes go over water?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Yup. They even tested boat based extraction

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

The Pop/AoA line goes over hourglass lake for a good while. I think that’s the only one? The last bit from riviera to epcot might?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Epcot line crosses the hotel canal.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I’ll still ride them when I go in Nov and Feb. wonder what kind of comp you get for being stuck up there for 2 hours

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

skipdogg posted:

I’ll still ride them when I go in Nov and Feb. wonder what kind of comp you get for being stuck up there for 2 hours

$100 gift card and a park hopper ticket for a day according to Reddit comments

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Bottom Liner posted:

$100 gift card and a park hopper ticket for a day according to Reddit comments

Wonder how many people are riding it now hoping to get stuck.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Bottom Liner posted:

And a couple of busy roadways.

Edit: Buena Vista Dr/Hotel Plaza was what we went over but it also crosses Victory Way

Hazo fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 6, 2019

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But but Disney Magic can make a ski lift work in Florida !!!!!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

the gently caress does the geolocation have to do with any of this dude?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I think he's saying that if Disney can make a ski lift work at Blizzard Beach in Florida, they should be able to make this work.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I took it as him being snarky as always and missing that fact completely lol

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 6, 2019

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
$100 and a parkhopper ticket doesn't seem like much of you're already there on vacation

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Can a Florida goon confirm something for me? People have told us that if you purchase an annual resident's pass, it doesn’t start counting your year until you go visit a park. Is that true?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Not a Florida goon but I can confirm that. I bought it weeks before my trip and it doesn't kick the calendar off until the first scan. I did this so I could make fastpasses.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Ok good news, thanks. All finally get to catch the wine and food festival.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Get the hummus fries!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I am curious why there wasn't toilet paper packed in those emergency kits. Glad the first week of the skyliner started out with an actual bang.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Bottom Liner posted:

Get the hummus fries!
Ok!

Bought passes and made reservations at Spice Road Table before the Shiela E concert.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Anya posted:

I am curious why there wasn't toilet paper packed in those emergency kits. Glad the first week of the skyliner started out with an actual bang.

It seems there were waste disposal bags in the kits, so omitting toilet paper does seem a curious decision. Maybe that is what the notebook was for, since I didn’t see a pen(cil) mentioned in the list of contents. :shrug:

Edit: wow, that emoji is impossible to see in dark mode on the Awful App.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I assume the notebook might be there for someone who cannot communicate through traditional means, allowing them to give messages to the rescue teams.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Im in Tokyo for work. had a day off. Many coworkers went to Kyoto.

I followed the compass of my heart (despite JUST being there in May)

Journey is down. Fantastic Flight is up and wow, the pre-show is great.

Also I love haunted mansion holiday overlay. I paid for an after 6pm ticket at TDL more or less just to see that (and to ride Hunny Hunt), a bunch of the other stuff I wanted to see had closed already :[

Last time we stayed on site at a partner hotel. This time I am staying in Tokyo proper ... 10 min vs 50 min commute. Oof.

Seriously though, Fantastic Flight is, well, fantastic. But Sinbad is still my favorite Tokyo ride.

Possibly some pictures of fun Halloween stuff to follow after I sleep.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnzilTiBcY

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It's weird (and sad) how much less fun this looks than Jumanji was. I do look forward to the inevitable promotional video where Johnson skippers a Jungle Cruise boat at one of the parks, though.

Also, I realize we're a little far out from Buzzy going MIA, but what on earth is Disney physical security

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-disney-missing-items-20191010-l2h422r7wfbhrgbvkho263m43u-story.html

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It reminds me of The Mummy tbh.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

They updated that story just last month actually and it turns out that dude totally did steal all of Buzzy's poo poo because of course he did.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-buzzy-disney-arrest-20190916-gphk76igwvcwheketzf6vctrie-story.html

Also someone paid him $30k over Paypal!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Skeezy posted:

Especially the part with the woman on the ladder that's wobbling around everywhere. Rachel Weisz wore it better.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'm thinking about changing my resort reservations. Will I lose my ADRs if I do? I'm currently booked through Disney. Looking at changing resorts or booking through Davids DVC rental.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tim Whatley posted:

They updated that story just last month actually and it turns out that dude totally did steal all of Buzzy's poo poo because of course he did.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-buzzy-disney-arrest-20190916-gphk76igwvcwheketzf6vctrie-story.html

Also someone paid him $30k over Paypal!

Remember kids: if you’ve stolen thousands of dollars of animatronic costumes from the world’s biggest entertainment corporation, make sure to take copious pictures of the evidence and send it to everyone you know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

chitoryu12 posted:

Remember kids: if you’ve stolen thousands of dollars of animatronic costumes from the world’s biggest entertainment corporation, make sure to take copious pictures of the evidence and send it to everyone you know!

Fantastic mug shots though.

They’ve surely shut down that backdoor Disney Twitter account for evidence, but the posts they describe sound really interesting. Is it archived anywhere?

The new Avengers Void looks pretty cool. Too bad it’s not at Disney Springs.