Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

It is blowing my mind that people think Trump is a worse president than GWB after the hundreds of thousands of people that died due to GWB's bullshit.

Like sure, Trump is a massive piece of poo poo. But goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Crakkerjakk posted:

It is blowing my mind that people think Trump is a worse president than GWB after the hundreds of thousands of people that died due to GWB's bullshit.

Trump would absolutely kill more people if he could. Hes just too dumb to accomplish it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah we all better pray that a 9/11 doesnt happen on this dummys watch or the response will make gee dub look reasoned and restrained in comparison. I'm talking election cancelling

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

remember all the jokes about how dumb and incompetent W was?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They were right

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The thing that bothers me the most about senators in particular is that a lot of them still have 4+ years on their cycle. They can say just about whatever they want and people will forget about it within 72 hours.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/dleonhardt/status/1181004566088814594?s=21

cool cool cool coo coo coo

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Obama was so good looking back at the past and through him makes W seem so much better than Trump. When in reality they’re probably equally, yet differently, the worst.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's a hell of a sandwich he's got himself. He's gonna look reaaaal good in 100 years, assuming we make it that far.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a hell of a sandwich he's got himself. He's gonna look reaaaal good in 100 years, assuming we make it that far.

He also kept the bandaid on capitalism and the blatantly evil american empire for 8 years so maybe hes bad because of that.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
GWB had way more to do with pushing America radically to the right than Trump, started the genocide of Muslims, militarizing the police, increasing warrantless surveillance, formalizing the process of extrajudicial murder without trial.

All to the tune of Colbert Report making it a laughable normal.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nvm I don’t have the energy for this argument

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Crakkerjakk posted:

GWB objectively did far more to create long term damage to the nation, and it’s not even remotely close. He just sometimes laughed or dodged a shoe, so people either forget that or blame it on someone else instead. Or they forget everything awful he did that wasn’t even related to 9/11.

Edit:

I mean gently caress, here’s a very fast and incomplete list: Bush tax cuts for rich (turning national surplus to debt), doubling down on policies that caused the great recession, actively campaigning for a ban on gay marriage, USA PATRIOT Act, found a way to legalize torture, turned 9/11 into an excuse to attack unrelated people, and even to the ire of right wing spending hawks, he found ways to throw money into special interests and programs for old people while simultaneously seeking ways to gently caress over working poor.

But he didn’t angry tweet or talk poo poo about his opponents quite as directly,* so he’s cool.

*lol swift-boat smear

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 7, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

HOLY poo poo NEW VIDEO FOUND PROVING TRUMP SEXUALLY ASSAULTED A WOMAN

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...DumAjEwnrk9Vqa8

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1181044128655794178?s=19

RIP Syrian Kurds, learned too late about being partners with the US like the Iraqi Kurds

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

HOLY poo poo NEW VIDEO FOUND PROVING TRUMP SEXUALLY ASSAULTED A WOMAN

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...DumAjEwnrk9Vqa8
This was known about years ago. Those two shitbirds have been friends for decades.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 7, 2019

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I bet now that Guliani has brain damage and also brain worms trump could totally get away with the breast sniffing now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Casimir Radon posted:

This was known about years ago. Those two shorebirds have been friends for decades.

I bet you are super fun at parties.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

I bet you are super fun at parties.
Hey guys, I just found this video of Donnie telling Billy Bush that he likes to sexually assault women. We got him now.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1181044128655794178?s=19

RIP Syrian Kurds, learned too late about being partners with the US like the Iraqi Kurds

God drat it. Can't wait for the Turks to deny this impending genocide, too.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Once again, America throws the Kurds under a bus, though this time, while Donnie is actively yelling that Pelosi should be impeached and charged with treason.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1181041837236248576

Ben Jacobs: "It's pretty remarkable that accusing the Speaker of the House of committing treason is not the most noteworthy thing that the President of the United States has done in the past hour."

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1076114590407245824

There was a plan Lindsey, it involves genocide.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A Bad Poster posted:

God drat it. Can't wait for the Turks to deny this impending genocide, too.

Oh gently caress this is gonna be Armenia 2.0 the Turkish government has pushed the narrative that the YPG are terrorists for years and we just handed them control over all of Rojava. Like no poo poo I think this will end in six figures of dead civilians if the Erdogan regime has it’s way.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
I'm now wondering if there's room to staple another few chapters into my well worn copy of A Problem From Hell.

If you haven't read it you definitely should it's real good, also real gutting.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Oh gently caress this is gonna be Armenia 2.0 the Turkish government has pushed the narrative that the YPG are terrorists for years and we just handed them control over all of Rojava. Like no poo poo I think this will end in six figures of dead civilians if the Erdogan regime has it’s way.

That's not even mentioning the tens of thousands of former ISIS hardliners (both men as well as women and their families) in prison / detention camps guarded by the Kurds and/or SDF.

The Kurds are gonna get wrecked. gently caress Trump. loving traitor. loving pussy. gently caress Erdogan. If Trump had any balls he would expel Turkey from NATO and threaten all out war with them if they attack our Kurdish allies.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 7, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Also, lmao Trump's allies wanted the other Ukrainian to win so they could take over the Ukrainian gas conglomerate and get rich.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/07/trump-allies-pressed-ukraine-over-gas-firm.html

quote:

Trump allies pressed Ukraine over gas firm
Last spring, a circle of American businessmen and Republican donors touted connections to Giuliani and President Donald Trump while trying to install new management at the top of Ukraine’s massive state gas company.

Their plan hit a snag after Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko lost his reelection bid to Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

This shows how those with ties to Trump and his administration were pursuing business deals in Ukraine that went far beyond advancing the president’s personal political interests.

As Rudy Giuliani was pushing Ukrainian officials last spring to investigate one of Donald Trump’s main political rivals, a group of individuals with ties to the president and his personal lawyer were also active in the former Soviet republic.

Their aims were profit, not politics. This circle of businessmen and Republican donors touted connections to Giuliani and Trump while trying to install new management at the top of Ukraine’s massive state gas company. Their plan was to then steer lucrative contracts to companies controlled by Trump allies, according to two people with knowledge of their plans.

Their plan hit a snag after Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko lost his reelection bid to Volodymyr Zelenskiy, whose conversation with Trump about former Vice President Joe Biden is now at the center of the House impeachment inquiry of Trump.

But the effort to install a friendlier management team at the helm of the gas company, Naftogaz, would soon be taken up with Ukraine’s new president by U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry, whose slate of candidates included a fellow Texan who is one of Perry’s past political donors.

It’s unclear if Perry’s attempts to replace board members at Naftogaz were coordinated with the Giuliani allies pushing for a similar outcome, and no one has alleged that there is criminal activity in any of these efforts. And it’s unclear what role, if any, Giuliani had in helping his clients push to get gas sales agreements with the state-owned company.

But the affair shows how those with ties to Trump and his administration were pursuing business deals in Ukraine that went far beyond advancing the president’s personal political interests. It also raises questions about whether Trump allies were mixing business and politics just as Republicans were calling for a probe of Biden and his son Hunter, who served five years on the board of another Ukrainian energy company, Burisma.

On Friday, according to the news site Axios, Trump told a group of Republican lawmakers that it had been Perry who had prompted the phone call in which Trump asked Zelenskiy for a “favor” regarding Biden. Axios cited a source saying Trump said Perry had asked Trump to make the call to discuss “something about an LNG (liquefied natural gas) plant.”

While it’s unclear whether Trump’s remark Friday referred specifically to the behind-the-scenes maneuvers this spring involving the multi-billion-dollar state gas company, The Associated Press has interviewed four people with direct knowledge of the attempts to influence Naftogaz, and their accounts show Perry playing a key role in the effort. Three of the four spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation. The fourth is an American businessman with close ties to the Ukrainian energy sector.

There's a lot more to the article. It's really good.

Basically shows that when they're complaining of Biden's failson getting money for being corrupt, they were just really jealous that their preferred presidential candidate didn't win, so they wouldn't be able to siphon out as much money as they could being the corrupt shitbirds they are.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqi4pLjZ0Cw

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/1181134186012270592?s=21

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you think the long term effects of 9/11 were bad lmaooooo can’t wait for trump to make post-9/11 to be a goddamn utopia. I would fully expect everyone to have to carry citizenship papers regardless of race. Borders? Locked the gently caress down. Cages full of kids? Suddenly empty for all the new brown people we are throwing in them.

It’ll be bad y’all.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I wish I could say I had hope for the future, but that would be a lie.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

colachute posted:

If you think the long term effects of 9/11 were bad lmaooooo can’t wait for trump to make post-9/11 to be a goddamn utopia. I would fully expect everyone to have to carry citizenship papers regardless of race. Borders? Locked the gently caress down. Cages full of kids? Suddenly empty for all the new brown people we are throwing in them.

It’ll be bad y’all.

Time to learn...ok idk what language to learn to dodge this situation

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Protests in Iraq keep rolling on. Now up to over 100 dead and “thousands” injured. Government forces reportedly using live ammunition on protestors.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Protests in Egypt too.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Just the other day:

https://twitter.com/oirspox/status/1180442385479868416?s=21

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Did Turkey end up buying those S-400s?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

I just hope SDF are given ATGM by the plane load as a parting gift

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just so everyone can hate our capitalist hellscape dystopia that little bit more:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...570535963810775

Jails don't like the pesky and expensive part of locking people up where you take care of those people. Bad for the bottom line, ya know? Medical care in this country is really expensive after all. The answer? "Medical Bond" among other euphemisms. Release them long enough to get the care they need, because when they're "free" it's someone else's cost, then when they're done they get re-arrested and brought back to keep that bed full and the numbers up.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1181161687333900289?s=20

:laugh:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1181167620579581952?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Remember: the big lesson to be learned is that you can never count on the US to stand by its allies of convenience. Sorry Kurds, maybe next time you’ll move quicker on building Trump Tower Rojava.

Also I wonder how that Turkish F-16 pilot who had Erdogan’s plane in his sights and didn’t fire during the 2016 coup attempt is feeling these days because I’m certainly not too happy with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Thanks for doing nothing besides pull the ripcord into a lucrative retirement, Mattis, you loving bitch