Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Nine of Eight posted:

This is dumb as hell, but Lowtax’s spine isn’t gonna fix itself:

I’m gonna :toxx: that the Bloq Quebecois will end up with more seats than the NDP.

like, nationally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did anyone else see the bullshit liberal twitter storm on the weekend?

So warren kinsella posted something about "read the newspapers on friday, muhwhahwahwahawhahw"

But nothing happened.

But some non-real reporter guy tweeted out a rumour that JT raped a 17 year old student back when he was teaching at west point.

School already published a response saying it wasn't true, but gently caress if twitter isn't losing their minds about it.

vincentpricesboner fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 7, 2019

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Does canada have its own Jacob Wohl yet?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

vincentpricesboner posted:

Did anyone else see the bullshit liberal twitter storm on the weekend?

So warren kinsella posted something about "read the newspapers on friday, muhwhahwahwahawhahw"

But nothing happened.

But some non-real reporter guy tweeted out a rumour that JT raped a 17 year old student back when he was teaching at west point.

School already published a response saying it wasn't true, but gently caress if twitter isn't losing their minds about it.

Have you never seen Warren Kinsella operate before?

This is 100% his MO.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Liberals on Twitter are proof that the fish hook theory is science

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Nine of Eight posted:

This is dumb as hell, but Lowtax’s spine isn’t gonna fix itself:

I’m gonna :toxx: that the Bloq Quebecois will end up with more seats than the NDP.

Risky Bisquick posted:

:toxx: Adam Van Koeverden over Lisa Raitt

Your Toxxes have been noted.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

What're the rules for tomorrow's debate's drinking game? How many drinks per mention of Doug Ford?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Jehde posted:

What're the rules for tomorrow's debate's drinking game? How many drinks per mention of Doug Ford?

That's my every day pal

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
One shot per "middle class"

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

less than three posted:

Do you want blood on your hands?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Your god is Job Creators and you will worship at the throne.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
CUPE signed a deal, great timing for pressure on Ford to cut them a deal lest they have to start working again and reopen government

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Why don't the Tories run more hockey players?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
What is Wayne Gretzky up to these days, anyway?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

half cocaine posted:

Why don't the Tories run more hockey players?

I know MP interviews aren't much better, but have you heard a hockey player interview before?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jehde posted:

I know MP interviews aren't much better, but have you heard a hockey player interview before?

"look, the gays don't deserve the biscuit cause they're queers"

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

infernal machines posted:

Loathing when he’s forced to come back to Canada for a huge payday then getting the gently caress out the second he’s done?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Funny you should ask, during last night's hockey game he looked like he'd been beaten up.

(Allegedly during a late night out with his daughter he "fainted" and fell requiring twenty stitches.)

So the answer to what's up is "drinking an awful lot, like usual".

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

less than three posted:

Lassitude posted:

Your god is Job Creators and you will worship at the throne.

I see your "middle class" and "job creators" and raise you a "small business".

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Jehde posted:

Have you ever heard a Tory voter speak?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

I was going to say Don Cherry, but then I saw he's 85.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

The Tories still don't have a platform. I guess they don't really need one do they?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

half cocaine posted:

The Tories still don't have a platform. I guess they don't really need one do they?

I personally believe that the one they came up with was so bad it made Doug Ford's platform look professional so they just scrapped it and have decided that freeballing it until the election is a better option.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Lassitude posted:

I was going to say Don Cherry, but then I saw he's 85.

That's about the age you want to be to run for POTUS these days

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/WBrettWilson/status/1180897419099176960

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

The origin of this rumor is a chud by the name of James di Fiore who runs a blog with an invalid ssl cert.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

half cocaine posted:

The origin of this rumor is a chud by the name of James di Fiore who runs a blog with an invalid ssl cert.

Moved from Toronto to be an assistant librarian in killaloe? Cut the guy some slack, he's gotta be bored af

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Moved from Toronto to be an assistant librarian in killaloe? Cut the guy some slack, he's gotta be bored af

The SSL cert is unforgivable

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
This is bonkers: https://schroederinstitute.org/why-does-canada-owe-newfoundland/

Some institute saying that Canada should pay Newfoundland's provincial debt because of historical wrongs done to Newfoundland. Wrongs such as that terrible hydroelectric deal Newfoundland signed with Quebec. Apparently that was now done for national unity (please ignore the repeated, failed court challenges seeking to undo that deal). Also, for a small percentage of its history in Canada, Newfoundland didn't receive equalization payments!

Since Canada apologized to LGBTQ groups and First Nations, it's Newfoundland's turn.

I can't tell if it's parody, of if they are serious about asking for Canada to treat Newfoundland the way it treats the first nations - as a thing that would be good for Newfoundland.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/WBrettWilson/status/1180977202944339968

So... the Liberals got Google to blackhole search results relating to this incident?

This is some Q-level poo poo going on here.

half cocaine posted:

The SSL cert is unforgivable

W. Brett Wilson's website is entirely flash

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

That's about the age you want to be to run for POTUS these days

He should leave Canada and go do that then

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I don't know who that is and I'm never gonna Google it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

half cocaine posted:

One of the Dragon’s Den guys aka trash

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Super rich Alberta oil guy.

Arivia posted:

One of the Dragon’s Den guys aka trash

True though probably the best dragon.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

half cocaine posted:

It's the guy whose tweet Pintrest mom posted, that you quoted.

Anyway, I'm curious who put Kinsella up to this, because it has his fingerprints all over it. The other rumour is Trudeau smoked pot with or sold pot to his students.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
That 17 year old was Elizabeth may

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

#whoa #wow

... she hasn't aged well.

e: I don't even particularly disbelieve that Trudeau might have taken liberties with his students, I'm just amazed that they're managing to make it look like such obvious desperate ratfucking. I guess they just don't know what to do now that it's apparent Liberal voters really don't give a poo poo about Trudeau's blackface.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 7, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Wifi will do that to you

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Just chiming in here to say that anyone thinking about voting Liberal "because the NDP have no chance in my riding and I'd be throwing my vote away" is an absolute moron. Whose fault is it that voting for the NDP would be throwing away their vote? Liberals. Which party stopped supporting strategic voting as soon as they started polling behind the NDP, causing the loving Doug Ford government in Ontario? Liberals. The loving Liberals are the ONLY reason the Conservatives have a chance of forming Government. And that's intentional - keeping the Conservatives competitive is how they convince dumb shits to vote for them. Don't be a dumb poo poo.

Also, the child benefit is poo poo. It's scraps they throw to the poor so they can kind of get away with not having a proper national childcare program. It's not enough money to actually pay for daycare. And a proper national program would create tons of good government jobs for childcare workers, who as a group are one of the professions that is the most grossly undercompensated and poorly treated. The Liberals like it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jimbozig posted:

Just chiming in here to say that anyone thinking about voting Liberal "because the NDP have no chance in my riding and I'd be throwing my vote away" is an absolute moron. Whose fault is it that voting for the NDP would be throwing away their vote? Liberals. Which party stopped supporting strategic voting as soon as they started polling behind the NDP, causing the loving Doug Ford government in Ontario? Liberals. The loving Liberals are the ONLY reason the Conservatives have a chance of forming Government. And that's intentional - keeping the Conservatives competitive is how they convince dumb shits to vote for them. Don't be a dumb poo poo.

The late 00s didn’t really die, they just went on vacation.