Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

If you embrace Susie's world view and go all violence do you actually kill the King in the end?

Nah. Not much changes honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Accordion Man posted:

I mean the fight with him (As well the Sans fight) hints that he does have real latent strength what with turning you blue, he's just too nice and fun-loving to really start using his power and going all out on people.

If you stop the genocide run by sparing Papyrus and then hang out with him afterward it's implied that he has gaster blasters as well. It's unlikely he can teleport like Sans but yeah a serious fight with Papyrus would have been the Sans fight but significantly harder.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Turtlicious posted:

This is what he wears to a date.

drat that's a cool dude

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Nah. Not much changes honestly.
You do miss out on saying goodbye to everyone because they are all pissed at you for attacking them and run you out of the castle.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is unbelievably lame.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Just waiting on you dropping a hard cringe at this point

Also thanks for bringing up not liking a character that isn't Alphys.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

makes me wanna jog

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

overmind2000 posted:

If you stop the genocide run by sparing Papyrus and then hang out with him afterward it's implied that he has gaster blasters as well. It's unlikely he can teleport like Sans but yeah a serious fight with Papyrus would have been the Sans fight but significantly harder.

The annoying dog (Toby) takes his "special attack".

The same way the dog takes the "legendary artifact" if you're able to access it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Papyrus is actually the strongest and would wreck everyone if he wasn't soooo nice" is a trope already done better by Asgore.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turtlicious posted:

"Papyrus is actually the strongest and would wreck everyone if he wasn't soooo nice" is a trope already done better by Asgore.

Papyrus is too nice, Asgore is too fat.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Turtlicious posted:

quit your bad posts

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

overmind2000 posted:

wait, really?

Turtlicious posted:

but enough about your posting

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Undyne was right to keep papyrus away from the royal guards because in his first real fight, he immediately gets decapitated.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

Like it goes

Alphys
Undyne
Sans
Mettaton
Toriel
Asgore
Napstablook
Everyone else
papyrus

AUSMTANEp

gently caress, it's been staring us in the face this whole time

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like you can say he's so tough, but that doesn't stop him from getting insanely owned in the genocide ending.

You could cut all of Papyrus parts from the game, and give his screen time to Sans, and the game would be infinitely better.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
as opposed to...almost literally every other monster you encounter dying in one hit.

even undyne dies in a single hit. she just pulls herself back together(after literally being bisected) through the power of determination and fights on.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turtlicious posted:

like you can say he's so tough, but that doesn't stop him from getting insanely owned in the genocide ending.

You could cut all of Papyrus parts from the game, and give his screen time to Sans, and the game would be infinitely better.

I mean, Asgore, Toriel, and Mettaton also get one hit killed in the genocide run. Does that mean they're pathetic too?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Turtlicious posted:

like you can say mettaton's so tough, but that doesn't stop him from getting insanely owned in the genocide ending.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Turtlicious posted:

Macaluso posted:

You're not helping your own case here, for the record

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Papyrus is tougher than your average monster and that's even when holding back due to how nice he is. But I think that's still a far cry from being the strongest monster underground or whatever.

Turtlicious posted:

Papyrus and Sans fill really different roles. I don't think you can really just slot in Sans for him.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It's really just implied but considering that he shares a lot of attack types and abilities with Sans I think it makes sense

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah p. much sans is the only monster that's capable of standing up to a kid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man, check out that insanely stylish skeleton, wearing the latest trends with MTT Brand Fashion Basketballs. He's really got his fingerbones on the pulse of modern monster clothing.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Strawmanning so everybody can appreciate the spooky skeleton Papyrus more just in time for Halloween is some dedication :shobon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

overmind2000 posted:

It's really just implied but considering that he shares a lot of attacks and abilities with Sans (though less lethally) I think it makes sense

that's pretty neat. and the wording is really specific, I don't doubt toby meant it in that way.

Turtlicious posted:

Yeah p. much sans is the only monster that's capable of standing up to a kid.
he also dies in one hit. he's just faster than the rest of them.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
hey you, the person reading this. YOUR favorite character is stupid!!! onwed nerd!

unless it's alphys, she's cool

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Invictus posted:

man, check out that insanely stylish skeleton, wearing the latest trends with MTT Brand Fashion Basketballs. He's really got his fingerbones on the pulse of modern monster clothing.

his clothes are literally made from garbage from the dump.

At least Alphys is passionate about something.

E: wanting to join the royal guard isn't passion, he only wants to do it because he thinks people will respect him more.

you know, like a cop.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 7, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Turtlicious posted:

papyrus is passionate about PUZZLE!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you wanna know who's bad? i'll tell you. i'll tell you which character is the most bad character. the worst character there is

ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᵇᵒᵇ

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Turtlicious posted:

his clothes are literally made from garbage from the dump.

I know I am just following the shitpost train...

But Papyrus is passionate about everything. From making friends to meeting a human to summersaulting out his boss' window.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alphys learns and grows as a person; papyrus becomes a cop.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Asgore murders children and if you like him you condone child murder

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

Alphys learns and grows as a person; papyrus becomes a cop.

Undyne is a cop in both games, she's arguably the worst

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tbf lots of characters at least attempt to murder a child.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Undyne quits her cop job so she can smooch a lizard. Asgore gives up on killing humans because his wife asks him too. Papyrus dresses funny and becomes a cop when it's clear there should be no more cops.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Asgore kept killing humans after his wife asked him to.

He stopped after a human beat him up.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Asgore kept killing humans after his wife asked him to.

He stopped after a human beat him up.

In the pacifist ending, Asgore gets attacked by Toriel and he gives up the human slaying right there, Frisk never fights asgore in that ending.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Surprised you've played the ending where Papyrus survives.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cool Papyrus fact: Neko means cat in japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Turtlicious posted:

Like it goes

Alphys