Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

codo27 posted:

Niles gets it on him to try edibles and thinks he has and puts on this big show laughing at everything while in reality its Martin that has eaten it by mistake

Oh right! I'd still definitely go in for Frasier and Niles somehow getting dosed with LSD or shrooms just before an important party though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Unless you're Kermit the Frog you should not be playing the banjo indoors.

this seems entirely arbitrary and is also insanely wrong, sorry

don't you stan for mel all the time ITT? i think maybe you're just kind of a bad person?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There was the ep where Frasier gets sick and spends it acting like a big baby, then gets hosed up on self-prescribed pills. (Which I can only presume went 'Now Kelsey, I want you to... act... like you're on a fuckload of Xanax')

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Frasier’s all doped up when he spills the beans to Daphne about Niles’ feelings for her.

I think the only times they show Niles impaired is when he’s drunk.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Like loving poo poo Niles wasn't smashing insane amounts of blow.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
What if "Maris" is actually just Niles's heroin addiction

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sir Lemming posted:

What if "Maris" is actually just Niles's heroin addiction
Like, as in, Heroin killed the sexy latin lover he was closeted with?

That's dark man. Seattle streets dark.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

don't you stan for mel all the time ITT? i think maybe you're just kind of a bad person?

I'll admit it had been awhile since I had watched the Mel episodes, so was remembering it a bit better than it actually played out. Still don't think she was much worse or broke more patient confidentiality rules than the Cranes themselves though. No argument on the bad person front though. I'm all sorts of a son of a bitch.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Unreal how much potential prosperity was destroyed by coke. gently caress.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

codo27 posted:

Niles gets it on him to try edibles and thinks he has and puts on this big show laughing at everything while in reality its Martin that has eaten it by mistake

That whole episode is gold but the standout throwaway line for me is Frasier going Oh! Madness! when he sees Niles' "stoned" wine pairing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Like loving poo poo Niles wasn't smashing insane amounts of blow.

There was the episode where Niles is dating a way younger woman and says the fast-paced party lifestyle is killing him. Presumably he's either on too much cocaine or not nearly enough.

Niles actually does strike me as being too high-strung to really enjoy cocaine.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was the ep where Frasier gets sick and spends it acting like a big baby, then gets hosed up on self-prescribed pills. (Which I can only presume went 'Now Kelsey, I want you to... act... like you're on a fuckload of Xanax')

i think that was a season 1 episode?

there's a slim chance that was actual acting

ruddiger posted:

Frasier’s all doped up when he spills the beans to Daphne about Niles’ feelings for her.

funny enough, frasier almost spills the beans when he's high on the self-prescribed pills, i think he just says 'i know all about you and niles, you just pretend not to notice him... :tinfoil:'

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

food court bailiff posted:

who the hell blames Mel when it's Niles that was the no-spine sack of poo poo that rolled over for her?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

That doesn't absolve Mel for being a ruthless bitch on wheels

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That's a little much.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
tbf I think the guy who stans for Mel is the same one who complains about the Daphne's room episode and he's been pretty quiet as of late

Mel was the perfect girlfriend for Niles but they hosed up and got married. It could have just been a breakup but it had to be a divorce to up the stakes/emotional ante

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Mel was the perfect girlfriend for Niles
Mel amplified all his weird hypochondriac crap, manipulated him to push for more ambitious social standing bullshit, and ended up being a bugfuck crazy weirdo that was 10000% focused on how others perceived her.

The dumb cute scene with Daph where she just wants Niles to be better just plays off as "Niles could be better if he listens to me!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Would have been funnier if Daphne and Niles broke off their weddings/marriages and then went on a date and realized they were just really good friends after all.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want that SuperSonics Crane jacket that Niles gets when he drains the shot from half court.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ruddiger posted:

when he drains the shot from half court.
But enough of the premature antics of his wedding night with Daph...

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Mel starts manipulating Niles from minute one of meeting him. Mel sucks.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Laterite posted:

Mel starts manipulating Niles from minute one of meeting him. Mel sucks.

But she's got a Svensson!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Every implication is that Mel is basically Maris Lite. (Well, not in a literal sense, since any lighter would be an air elemental)

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Every implication is that Mel is basically Maris Lite. (Well, not in a literal sense, since any lighter would be an air elemental)

And then they literally have Frasier say it, in case they missed it in the cheap seats

E: I maintain that Mel had the seed in her of making a way, WAY better choice for Niles instead of the writing forcing her to be a horrific bitch-goddess. (I might be biased, I really like the actress who played her).

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 6, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cosmik Slop posted:

E: I maintain that Mel had the seed in her of making a way, WAY better choice for Niles instead of the writing forcing her to be a horrific bitch-goddess. (I might be biased, I really like the actress who played her).
You'll have to explain this a little, since I see their post-wedding life being avaricious keeping up with the Joneses.

Donny was a loving ambulance chaser and he still came off like a human being (well... until he went nuts after the elopement).

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Never forget Frasier Crane Day

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

You'll have to explain this a little, since I see their post-wedding life being avaricious keeping up with the Joneses.

Donny was a loving ambulance chaser and he still came off like a human being (well... until he went nuts after the elopement).

Kinda strikes me as actually plausible that he's been really good at keeping his personal and professional life separate, right up until it becomes impossible, and then the contradictions all start crashing down on him.

As ridiculous as the whole affair is, Frasier actually treats relationships relatively realistically by sitcom standards (again, not a high bar) like with Niles and Maris' seperation and divorce being a long, gradual and torturous process.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Never forget Frasier Crane Day

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Brawnfire posted:

Oh right! I'd still definitely go in for Frasier and Niles somehow getting dosed with LSD or shrooms just before an important party though.

Roz puts mdma in frasier and niles drink, after dancing they build up a primal thirst for sherry but realize they are clenching so hard they cant drink it.
The b-plot is the Brothers trying different ways to get some sherry in, culminating in frasier using a neti pot and niles in the tub buttchugging straight from the bottle.
Niles passes out under a blanket and shits himself.

Credits roll scene is daphne coming out into the livingroom the next morning, sees niles thinking its Martin and starts to clean him up for a diaper, it cuts between niles scared and silent and daphne just going about her business

datajugend fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 7, 2019

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
After she is finished daphne turns around to Eddie rear end up om frasiers table, daphne puts her hands on her hip shaking her head chuckling, audience laughs cut to black grub street

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

datajugend posted:

After she is finished daphne turns around to Eddie rear end up om frasiers table, daphne puts her hands on her hip shaking her head chuckling, audience laughs cut to black grub street

Mercy!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What IS a boy to do

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Martin’s always making it sound like some career criminal shot him and it turns out it was just some dumb kid sticking up a 7-11. That episode where Martin just watches as the dudes parole was denied reminded me that acab.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He also lied under oath. Don't forget that.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
So, :gary:

I need this as an av

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I imagine that would've been Niles' reaction if he walked in on Daphne giving Mel a massage that one time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still want to see a Frasier/Batman crossover.

The Joker hijacks a Crane party and is flummoxed by how the brothers still manage to bicker about it.

ed: Even better, it's the Riddler and the brothers keep putting off being rescued because they're sure that they've figured out the answer but are arguing over it to the point where even the Riddler can't get a word in edgewise.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 8, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would read this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

if frasier went marvel, niles is 100% going dc