Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Oh good, a season 2 of Mahouka. Because one season that managed to combine being dull and racist wasn't enough.
Also the music of Taku Iwasaki! :eng101:

:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Special 7 was alright. I'm guessing Seiji's deal is he's somehow immortal/indestructible, after coming out of both an airport blowing up and getting shot in the gut without a mark on him.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

babylon is weird

but i like it. if magase is going to warp reality in every ep they appear in i'm totally down for more stuff like ep2

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Babylon's first episode is :tviv: incarnate. Really solid conspiracy thriller stuff with one hell of a stinger. Please don't let me down after that.

Second episode. There's some really striking directing work in the interview scenes. I'm also really enjoying the background music. It really stands out, especially since a lot of the show is devoid of it.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 6, 2019

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ViggyNash posted:

Babylon's first episode is :tviv: incarnate. Really solid conspiracy thriller stuff with one hell of a stinger. Please don't let me down after that.

theres 2 more episodes out for you

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Well, uh, Babylon didn't disappoint. But it's also super far removed from where I thought it was headed. I don't want to spoil anything because those first three episodes are a pretty wild ride.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Two more pilot episodes today.

Special 7 was fine. It was fun enough. But nothing super exciting yet. Ill give it another couple of episodes to hook me but I wasn't really feeling the first episode.

Africa Salaryman is really, really bad. Don't watch it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Africa Salaryman is really, really bad. Don't watch it.

:wrong:

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah Babylon is great but I'm not sure about its direction, even if I'm fascinated. I'm kinda getting Steins;Gate kind of vibes of "supernatural"/something big on the background escalating from something that was deemed almost pedestrian of a story. I'm just hoping it doesn't go *too* anime bullshit. Actually it kind of reminds me of Kado: The Right Answer which went into complete poo poo territory in the end.

I would like "an adult" story executed properly in the medium on a seasonal anime.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i liked toucan

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Dessel posted:

Yeah Babylon is great but I'm not sure about its direction, even if I'm fascinated. I'm kinda getting Steins;Gate kind of vibes of "supernatural"/something big on the background escalating from something that was deemed almost pedestrian of a story. I'm just hoping it doesn't go *too* anime bullshit. Actually it kind of reminds me of Kado: The Right Answer which went into complete poo poo territory in the end.

I would like "an adult" story executed properly in the medium on a seasonal anime.

The novel which the anime is based from is by the writer of Kado: The Right Answer.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't think of a better reason to not watch something, than having it be from the same writer as kado

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
kado was cool up until they decided to make the ending incredibly stupid

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The jokes are bad and the animation is worse. I don't know what you see in the show.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Finally finished season 2 of Danmachi, and guess what folks, it was bad.

For one, they barely even go into the titular dungeon, save for a five-minute scene in the middle of the season. Most of the season focuses on divine politics and power plays, which is somehow far less interesting than the generic adventuring fare of the first season. The second season is also cut into three distinct and completely unrelated arcs, with the last one being a tacked-on two-episode arc that felt more like a drawn-out OVA than any sort of season finale. The first arc is a complete mess, and the second arc is pretty gross, even for a terminally horny harem anime.

What I'm saying is, I think I remembered season 1 more fondly than I should have, but season 2 is still objectively garbage.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Babylon is interesting, if not exactly subtle between the name and giant tower. I'd give good odds Magase's apparent superpowers are a result of exactly the kind of shady and rushed medical trials they built the place for.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
The first episode of We Never Learn S2 looked a lot better than Season 1.
Wasn't this show done by a pretty new studio?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I'm intrigued by what I've heard about Babylon, but the comments here about Kado's ending make me wary. Does anyone know how the book's ending was received?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
maybe it’s because i was going through the story for a character skill and not the story itself but i only really felt like the only times the main story in granblue was actually great was the kat and vira stuff and what the game calls the first arc of part two

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
how horny/harem-y is granblue

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

how horny/harem-y is granblue

I'd assume it's at least moderately so, considering it's an adaptation of a gacha game about collecting waifus.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean, granblue also has sexy dudes and afaict there's plenty of focus on interactions between characters other than gran/djeeta. i never got very into granblue but it strikes me as something that hits kind of an equal balance and i'd imagine the anime is similar?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the five eps of s1 i watched were not that,lat all, but idk who s2 is introducing and their dynamic with the cast.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Yeah if you want hot titty girl to fawn on you Granblue is a very mediocre choice lol. Let's not pretend things are 100% causally related.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

A lot of the granblue cast have their own relationships going on, even.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
e; i made a joke in this post and it wasn't very good but the essense of the joke is that i'm gay

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
mobagay

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Granblue is good for being willing to go all in on sexy men unlike alot of other mobage properties.

Doubt this will show up in the anime unless they do an arc on the knights tho.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i'm just bummed that every big mobage anime goes with the male protag but at least granblue seems to go with putting djeeta in the side ovas

maybe some day a fgo anime other than learning with manga will go with gudako... ahaha... hah...

e; tho azur lane did take the secret woke 3rd option of cutting out the mc entirely and making the chars gayer for each other instead so i respect that

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Gudako will have her day in the sun, because she will take it.

e: The Girls Frontline manga replaced the totally faceless ungendered (but often read male) protag with a cute girl named Gentiane so that owns.

Kagaya Homoraisan fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 7, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

The jokes are bad and the animation is worse. I don't know what you see in the show.

it has like five different animation styles in the first ep and only the traced cg stuff is bad imo. the still heavy sections just feel like a comedy short which is the basic essence of the show anyway. outside of that it had some genuinely good and funny stuff with exaggerated character animation or camera/style gags like the catnip segment or ending of the mixer.

the comedy is way more subjective and i totally get why people wouldn't like an ep that is mostly about toucan being a lovely little man, even if imo it's great. excited to see him get owned more

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Granblue is good for being willing to go all in on sexy men unlike alot of other mobage properties.

Doubt this will show up in the anime unless they do an arc on the knights tho.

I have seen some art of sexy Granblue guys so I was kinda wondering if this was reflected at all in the show or if it was just another "bland male mc surrounded by hot women who fit various fetish types" kind of deal

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I have seen some art of sexy Granblue guys so I was kinda wondering if this was reflected at all in the show or if it was just another "bland male mc surrounded by hot women who fit various fetish types" kind of deal

I can't speak for how the anime handled it, but at least in game while there's definitely characters that exist to be harem-y, the important ones are typically their own people who are just your crewmates rather than love interest fodder. The MC is basically 'canonically' paired with Lyra, the blue haired girl from the getgo. The main story doesn't rely on harem hijinks at all.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

granblue isn't really that lewd as far as fantasy anime goes, the half a season of the anime i saw had none of that

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

cave emperor posted:

Finally finished season 2 of Danmachi, and guess what folks, it was bad.

For one, they barely even go into the titular dungeon, save for a five-minute scene in the middle of the season. Most of the season focuses on divine politics and power plays, which is somehow far less interesting than the generic adventuring fare of the first season. The second season is also cut into three distinct and completely unrelated arcs, with the last one being a tacked-on two-episode arc that felt more like a drawn-out OVA than any sort of season finale. The first arc is a complete mess, and the second arc is pretty gross, even for a terminally horny harem anime.

What I'm saying is, I think I remembered season 1 more fondly than I should have, but season 2 is still objectively garbage.
Amen brother.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the anime is unlikely to include any of the guys that are really popular (a lot of them are from the 'what makes the sky blue' substories that come fairly far into the overall storyline, as it were) but it isn't really the latter either. there's a few fanservicey character designs but there isn't a ton of fawning over the protag from the cast. even a lot of the more popular female characters have canonical non-mc love interests or just aren't that interested in the mc beyond working with them for their own goals or whatever.

there's been some talk of turning the what makes the sky blue stories into films so maybe that'd be more up your alley.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
cool, thanks

I may check out the show and if it doesn't really grab me I'll keep an eye out for that other storyline if it ever gets adapted

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

cool, thanks

I may check out the show and if it doesn't really grab me I'll keep an eye out for that other storyline if it ever gets adapted

We’ll let you know if they ever adapt any 4 knights stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I want Cagliostro to appear and get her story animated too. Hopefully she at least gets a cameo