Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

canepazzo posted:

Which economy has he "totally destroyed and obliterated before"?

Ours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

canepazzo posted:

give it a few months and he'll have finished with ours

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

canepazzo posted:

atlantic city, nj

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Jesus loving Christ.

Edit: for context - the godawful gently caress-over-our-allies decision, the completely insane megalomaniac tweet, and the usual shitposters coming out to praise Donald The Dove

So, like, all of it

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 7, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1181235076132159489

this is pretty on point. trump remains an overwhelming favorite not to be removed from office but i'm not sure there is anything he could be doing to make it more likely short of personally literally murdering republican senators that he is not already doing

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

canepazzo posted:

Also isn't this something that the really whackadoo right-wingers claim George Soros does?

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1181235076132159489

this is pretty on point. trump remains an overwhelming favorite not to be removed from office but i'm not sure there is anything he could be doing to make it more likely short of personally literally murdering republican senators that he is not already doing

Pretty sure Mike Pence would be fine with the genocide of 2 million Muslims.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

canepazzo posted:

The United States.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

canepazzo posted:

the USA?

edit: gently caress, beaten

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

skylined! posted:

You still haven't responded to anyone stating that Turkey being a part of NATO fundamentally disproves your dogshit argument and instead have pivoted to trying to claim victory through sick memes (that were deployed by a driveby shitposter that also fundamentally and obviously doesn't understand what's happening). Very smart, very wise.
Is this the part where you wargame Dardenelles 2: Erdogan Boogaloo?

Nobody is going to start a war with Turkey over anything they do in Syria. Most of NATO is militarily irrelevant and the EU would probably go full fascist if the refugee situation got any worse.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181232249821388801?s=19

Yeah he's gonna reverse course by the end of the day.

When has he "done before" what the gently caress is he talking about?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

canepazzo posted:

*raises hand*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what a seriously deranged individual.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

canepazzo posted:

He claims daily to have done this to China via tariffs.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

ThanosWasRight posted:

This is turning into the worst week for Trump ever.

Narrator: it won't be

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Angry_Ed posted:

Our presence in northern Syria was never humanitarian or motivated by the well being of the Kurds. It's a weird twist that in this one instance our imperial policy lined up with the continued existence of a semi-anarchist mini-state.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Remember that time NATO declared war on Israel for attacking the US?

Yea this just reads like more of the same; you don't have a legit argument and are only here to pretend like you do.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

evilweasel posted:

give it a few months and he'll have finished with ours

Inshallah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Our presence in northern Syria was never humanitarian or motivated by the well being of the Kurds. It's a weird twist that in this one instance our imperial policy lined up with the continued existence of a semi-anarchist mini-state.

The military rank and file really like the kurds because they're loyal allies and insanely good fighters. Much like how the rank and file really liked the Iranian National Guard who helped coordinate our missions in the early days of the invasion of Afghanistan.

Shame about the politicians.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lote posted:

This is just an impulsive move to distract from everything that’s going on. Either that or Erodgan realized that Trump was vulnerable and threatened Trump’s businesses in Turkey / Trump Tower and immediately got concessions.

I'm so sick of people going on about "distractions". They aren't loving distractions. He's just a goddamn idiot. It's probably a cheap grift with a business. Generally if someone is trying to distract from something they do something less bad. Like Bush Jr steals an election so he gives everyone in the country 300 bucks. That works. Being threatened with impeachment and deciding to make a foreign policy decision that pisses off everyone isn't really a distraction, it's just doing another dumb terrible thing.

If I am on the run from the cops for robbing a 7-11 and run into a bank as I'm being chased to rob them it's not a "distraction" it's just me making poor decisions.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Remember that time NATO declared war on Israel for attacking the US?

Erdogan didn’t make plans to push forward until Trump announced he’d pull troops out. It was clearly actually working as a deterrent, I don’t know why you keep pulling out hypotheticals and comparisons like they change that in any way. Erdogan didn’t “call our bluff”, Trump removed the bluff entirely.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Good Christ it's only noon on Monday and already this week's been a month long

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Wylie posted:

Good Christ it's only noon on Monday and already this week's been a month long
Trumpism is the worst time machine.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Junior G-man posted:

Ehhhh, that's not an A -> B through line. There's a whole host of reasons as to how the US became the Great Satan to some of the Mujahideen in the greater Middle East, and withdrawing support post Afghan war is really low on that list.

It was because in the wake of the retaking of Kuwait in the first Gulf War we left troops stationed in Saudi Arabia, that was what turned OBL against us. The idea of infidel troops in the holy land is what pissed him and the Wahabists off. Our screwing the Palestinians was also used to drum up anger against us but it was mainly the troops in Mecca thing that they really cared about. They didn't give a poo poo about what the Shia in Iran thought about us as they hated them long before they got mad at us.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ZinhleLaKhumalo/status/1181104737388826625

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

canepazzo posted:

The American economy, of course.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

i mean, in a vacumn sure, but he wouldn't pull this.

literally everyone down to Fox and Friends who has been supporting trump against impeachment is out there saying what a bad idea this is. the sole person supporting him on this is rand paul.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Trump's alt account spotted.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I just wish there was a machine that would create a hole under whatever powerful person you selected directly into hell. Just for a day. No state doing anything just one day a hole opens up and the monsters are dragged into hell. And a silhouette appears under the next in line to each of the monsters as a constant reminder.

How can I contribute to your GoFundMe to create this machine?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What did Erdogan promise Trump?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

This tweet is grounds for impeachment in and of itself.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Angry_Ed posted:

He might show a modicum of concern for the 100,000 Christians in the area, at least. The exact same people fundamentalists pull out every time they want to tell people how persecuted Christians are, and the great godly president is about to let them all be slaughtered.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

nachos posted:

Ok I thought great and unmatched was a parody. Trump finally tweeted something too unbelievable for me.

Same, I read the tweet and said "Oh, it's from a parody account, I was worried for a second"

and then it wasn't

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rabble posted:

i wanna say it was osita nwanevu who said trump being incredibly stupid and unhinged should be in the articles of impeachment.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hooooleeee gently caress what the fuuuuck is this tweet jesus christ. "in my great and unmatched wisdom" and then threatening to destroy Turkey's economy in the same tweet. This is absolutely bat poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rabble posted:

Certainly the 25th amendment at least.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Pellisworth posted:

if it were anyone else I would assume that "great and unmatched wisdom" was a sarcastic self-effacing joke but no, Trump actually thinks he's the wisest smartest most stable person ever

I thought someone posted a parody Trump account. That was real? Holy poo poo.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pigbuster posted:

He might show a modicum of concern for the 100,000 Christians in the area, at least. The exact same people fundamentalists pull out every time they want to tell people how persecuted Christians are, and the great godly president is about to let them all be slaughtered.

Fundies believe that every other christian but themselves are going to hell though, and the only reason they feign concern for them is to score political points

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

I realize we're breaking through norms non-stop these days, but loudly threatening to destroy a NATO (ostensible) ally's economy if they violate some secret undefined criteria seems like a different level of transgression.

edit: maybe NATO is just dead.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

In my most 27 year old voice: I can't loving wait to get off work and watch Hasan Piker's stream about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

1glitch0 posted:

I thought someone posted a parody Trump account. That was real? Holy poo poo.

First I saw of it was a quote from NBC's breaking news Twitter and I had to double take to make sure it wasn't The Onion.