Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I don't usually do this kind of thing because I am a dyed-in-the-wool open the toy and play with it dude, but I stumbled across a carded vintage toy on ebay in shockingly pristine condition, a toy that is dear to my heart, and I just put a very large bid on it.

If I win this thing, it's like a legit museum piece, and I feel like I should get a clear case to keep the packaging nice for posterity. Can anybody recommend a good source for that?

P.S. I'm not going to link this auction now cause I don't need any hungry goons blowing up my spot, but if I win it I will absolutely post pictures!

This guy’s stuff is great. I’ve used his cases for years and he ships super fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I don't usually do this kind of thing because I am a dyed-in-the-wool open the toy and play with it dude, but I stumbled across a carded vintage toy on ebay in shockingly pristine condition, a toy that is dear to my heart, and I just put a very large bid on it.

If I win this thing, it's like a legit museum piece, and I feel like I should get a clear case to keep the packaging nice for posterity. Can anybody recommend a good source for that?

P.S. I'm not going to link this auction now cause I don't need any hungry goons blowing up my spot, but if I win it I will absolutely post pictures!

You might find something that works for you on this site:
http://www.theearthtoymall.com/

I bought 100 of these cases a few years ago to display my Justice League Unlimited figures on a wall, since they can't stand:
http://www.theearthtoymall.com/socalafilo.html

And I think it's a pretty awesome display:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darkseid's arm sticking out is my favorite part every time you post that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Darkseid's arm sticking out is my favorite part every time you post that.

Darkseid's arm IS.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don't know if anyone here collects wrestling dolls but I found a Heenan Family Set with a really awful box going through some old clearance pickups if anyone is interested.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well a target in my area claimed to have the exclusive mandalorian figure so I had to check. Of course they didn't, inventory told them they had a few but my guess is someone stashed them or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kingtheninja posted:

Well a target in my area claimed to have the exclusive mandalorian figure so I had to check. Of course they didn't, inventory told them they had a few but my guess is someone stashed them or something.

Are you using Brickseek? Target did something to their internal inventory systems that broke it a few weeks ago.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well I will be now. It seemed too good to be true but everything else on the site was listed sold out so I thought what the heck.

Edit:yeah brickseek shows the same info for inventory so Idk what the deal is.

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 7, 2019

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You might find something that works for you on this site:
http://www.theearthtoymall.com/

I bought 100 of these cases a few years ago to display my Justice League Unlimited figures on a wall, since they can't stand:
http://www.theearthtoymall.com/socalafilo.html

And I think it's a pretty awesome display:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Darkseid's arm IS.
LOL, all of this rules. You should tweet that at Tom King.

Also I never knew WildC.A.T.S. were part of JLU.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I shake my fist at that every time BBVL posts it.

GIMMIE THAT GUY GARDNER FIGURE

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I also like how Joker and Harley are sharing a case :3:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The new Warhammer40k Space Marine action figure is up for order, and it’s a cool $100:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Bandai-Space-Marine-2019

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Ughhh I'm tired of hitting up Walgreens every other day in hopes of running into the Dani Moonstar figure. Doesn't help that I need to track down 3 of them and I hate having this MUST HAVE TOYS NOW brain disease.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

sticksy posted:

LOL, all of this rules. You should tweet that at Tom King.

Also I never knew WildC.A.T.S. were part of JLU.

They are customs by Airmax, who also made Comedian. Catwoman, Max Lord, Power Girl, Ted and Jack Knight Starmen, and Dan Garrett Blue Beetle are also customs I commissioned.

sticksy posted:

I also like how Joker and Harley are sharing a case :3:
It is problematic, but I'm out of cases.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Louisgod posted:

Ughhh I'm tired of hitting up Walgreens every other day in hopes of running into the Dani Moonstar figure. Doesn't help that I need to track down 3 of them and I hate having this MUST HAVE TOYS NOW brain disease.

Actually going to Walgreens every day is good as hell and it's a great way to sell toys.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you aren’t seeing Dani’s at this point you likely missed the first shipment and might as well take a break until the next one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

If you aren’t seeing Dani’s at this point you likely missed the first shipment and might as well take a break until the next one.

Not sure about that, people on Fwoosh are still finding them and I haven't seen any spotted in Oregon yet, which means they may be on their way and put on the new Marvel end caps popping up.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

Louisgod posted:

We got a grand total of 1 in the other day. We got 3 cases of medusa in last year and I think I still have like 10 or so of them sitting on my shelves. I haven't looked to see if the dani figure has a specific wic number or if its linked to the other exclusive figures. You could always ask an employee to look for ya and order it if it does have a separate wic number.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

Cultivate the patience of Batman.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Got this two bad boys today:

I like both, but I really didn't expect the Green Lantern to be this impressive. It looks miles better on hand than in the promo pics and the accesories are stellar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BBTS has Emma Frost in stock for $30 right now if anyone is real impatient.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/102076

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just picked up the Luis/Ghost and Grandmaster/Korg sets from Walmart for $13 each. Good clearance aisle haul. :toot:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Just picked up the Luis/Ghost and Grandmaster/Korg sets from Walmart for $13 each. Good clearance aisle haul. :toot:

drat those are amazing prices. My local Walmarts never seem to do clearance for any toys except wrestling stuff.

I went back out today and found a TVC Zorii and my Poe X-Wing arrives tomorrow :toot:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure if you guys saw this, NECA announced their items are finally being added to Target.com

https://mobile.twitter.com/neca_toys/status/1182291583280013314

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=neca&sortBy=newest&Nao=0

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh cool, maybe I can finally find the other 3 Golden Girls.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Not sure why but the Gamestop exclusive 90's TMNT 7" figures are on Target's site, so that's cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m finding all the good bargains. B&N has this bad boy clearanced down to $21.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, poo poo, that's awesome. Which BN were you at? Guessing it's not at that one anymore but it might be at one of the others.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Barnes & Noble in Baton Rouge, and yeah they had another still.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dammit, sold out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 10, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dammit, sold out.

You want me to go back and check? It was only an hour ago.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you don't mind. If you can get em to hold it for me till tomorrow morning, that would be awesome.

If you want to wait a lil bit, that's cool too. I know BR isn't exactly the most fun place to hang out in traffic at 5pm.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

If you don't mind. If you can get em to hold it for me till tomorrow morning, that would be awesome.

If you want to wait a lil bit, that's cool too. I know BR isn't exactly the most fun place to hang out in traffic at 5pm.

Still here! I’ll try and get them to hold it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Awesome! I was on hold for like 20 mins while the lady checked around, but had to hang up cause my battery ran out of juice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Awesome! I was on hold for like 20 mins while the lady checked around, but had to hang up cause my battery ran out of juice.

PMed you.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The_Doctor posted:

I don't think I've been to a single Walmart in my area that had more than a handful of MLs, one of which is a repackaged figure from the 90s.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Still here! I’ll try and get them to hold it.

Don’t be responsible like that, be like any other self respecting grown rear end collector and hide it behind something no buys!! :D

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Now that NECA is listing on Target's site, maybe I'll finally see the cartoon Turtles. (I won't.)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

OK, so, I mentioned a few days ago I had put a big bid on an old toy... Well I finally won it, and it's this:

I've mentioned before I am a lifelong, hardcore She-Ra fan. I had this toy when I was a kid, and I loved the hell out of it. It was my favorite for a long time. I absolutely ran it into the ground... pretty much destroyed my She-Ra in the process of having so many epic adventures in the yard. My parents managed to find me another one a couple years later, which I was slightly more careful with, but I was just as excited about that one.

While going through some old boxes the other day, I unearthed my (second) She-Ra and found that she's actually still in pretty decent shape, just missing the tiara. I thought, maybe I can find a tiara cheap on eBay, then this could be a pretty excellent display piece. While poking around on eBay, what I found instead was this absolutely loving mint carded She-Ra.

Now, this is not a super hard toy to find, and it's not even a hard toy to find carded, but to find one that's carded and still in OK shape is another matter. Decades of exposure to light, heat, moisture etc. has done a number on most carded She-Ra's. Most of them that you see around, the bubble is so severely yellowed you can hardly see through it, and the figure itself frequently has problems with the gold paint bleeding into her skin and dyeing her green. Even if it doesn't have these major flaws, there's usually something like a big price tag that's been stuck on there for 35 years, or just your typical shelf wear.

I don't know what kind of loving hermetic vault this She-Ra has been in for the last several decades, but it's drat near perfect. The peg hole isn't even punched! After just staring in awe for probably an hour, I decided I had to go for it, and I've been biting my nails waiting for this auction to close. I don't even want to say how much money I dropped on this in the end, but I did not gently caress around with my max bid, and all attempts to snipe me fell short. I feel pretty great about it.

Aside from the deep sentimental value, I feel like She-Ra was kind of an objectively rad toy. The Princess of Power line was a really groundbreaking blend of "doll" and "action figure" that hadn't been attempted before and has rarely been attempted since. It's only in the last couple years you've seen the likes of Rey and Wonder Woman mixed in with the Barbies. She-Ra was smashing gender norms waaay before it was cool. I also think Princess of Power had the snazziest, slickest, most eye-catching package design of anything in the 80's; the gold standard of how to present a toy. Those colors are just BLAM!

This is going to have a place of honor in my home, until I die. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DrChud posted:

Don’t be responsible like that, be like any other self respecting grown rear end collector and hide it behind something no buys!! :D

They wouldn’t hold it, and that’s exactly what I ended up doing. :keke: