Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Miller cares about getting brown people killed and assuredly feels zero loyalty whatsoever to some leftist brown muslims.

Miller has a laser focus on turning America into a white ethnostate. I don't think he gives a poo poo about anything happening to people beyond our border one way or another unless they try to cross that border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Rabble posted:

Just imagine being Ukraine or the Kurds, your life, or death, decided on by the whims of Donald J. Trump.
If I was in charge of a non-US NATO country right now I would be seriously considering exactly what level of deterrence my military could generate organically. Because anyone still depending on the US to defend them is delusional.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Magugu posted:

Moving the goalpost?

"The fake news took my perfect statement and made it into something its not" will be the new talking point.

maybe. it sounds to me like pompeo is trying to clean up trumps poops again. we will see if trump reacts.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Magugu posted:

Moving the goalpost?

"The fake news took my perfect statement and made it into something its not" will be the new talking point.

People are gonna be dead regardless now

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1181282104308424704
https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/1181282693910269954?s=20

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Glad to see that no one is going to listen to the orders from the dumb angry fat baby while Republicans still support their idea of him 100%.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1181283472939184136

quote:

In several conversations with Yahoo News, Giuliani dismissed at least one critic of such a lawsuit as a “nitwit,” arguing that there were no constitutional constraints on bringing such litigation against sitting members of Congress. “I got the highest grade in constitutional law,” said Giuliani, a former federal prosecutor for the Southern District of New York.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Starting to think we need a whistleblower on Trumps calls with Erdogan...

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Party Plane Jones posted:

air strike tweets

They couldn't even wait a day

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1181283542392872961

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I guess you can't walk this one back. It's done

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Has anything happened to Pompeo yet?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Deptfordx posted:

Honestly people it's not that complicated.

Look at what you're sitting on.

Is it a Dragon Throne?

Made of the finest white marble and Jade?

Yes? Then you are fully mandated up and good to go.

Otherwise, you are unworthy and have lost the mandate, woe to your dynasty!

And you are probably pursuing Lu Buu

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Indeed.

The President of the United States is the greatest threat to US national security ever. At least with the Cold War rationality seemed to win the day. It was a simpler time.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Nazzadan posted:

They couldn't even wait a day

They could see as well as us that Trump might have been forced to walk it back. They had to do it now.

gently caress.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well I guess you can't walk this one back. It's done

Yeah. When it came down to it, America didn’t do anything to stand up for its ideals and let it happen.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
surely Turkey will at least wait a bit to do their cleansing, we maybe have some time to

oh, welp

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The loving optics of "We're pulling out, DON'T DO ANYTHING TURKEY!!" and having them start airstrikes the second the dust clears from helicopters taking off is giving me whiplash.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I once got an A on a civics paper my Freshman year of high school. Elect me President!

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Flip Yr Wig posted:

They could see as well as us that Trump might have been forced to walk it back. They had to do it now.

gently caress.

yeah, no point in waiting

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
America has betrayed and abandoned the Kurds. Those that remain alive will remember this.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Great and unmatched wisdom didn't see the most obvious thing ever happening

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Guze posted:

Great and unmatched wisdom didn't see the most obvious thing ever happening

Not that he would care.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

But Turkey didn't know he was gonna do this. Riiiiight.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I was too young last time this happened but I guess this time I get to witness the exact moment generational hatred for the US is created in a group.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
on the plus side I guess they'll all be dead.

truly it's just a win win for trump

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nazzadan posted:

I was too young last time this happened but I guess this time I get to witness the exact moment generational hatred for the US is created in a group.

They probably already hated us, to be fair, like is this even the first time we've abandoned the kurds? I'm pretty sure it isn't

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

They probably already hated us, to be fair, like is this even the first time we've abandoned the kurds? I'm pretty sure it isn't

out and out betrayal for the kurds. yeah it is. and they were one of the few groups in the world that didnt hate us on some level.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gatts posted:

Yeah. When it came down to it, America didn’t do anything to stand up for its ideals and let it happen.

Well it all happened over the course of like 12 hours

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i feel like trump will probably be forced to pull back on it. but it sounds like its too loving late now either way.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

out and out betrayal for the kurds. yeah it is. and they were one of the few groups in the world that didnt hate us on some level.

We've betrayed "the kurds" before, to Saddam.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/AndrewBHanna/status/1181278677171990529

Lotta very tense phone calls going on right now behind closed doors.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gatts posted:

Literally nothing could have been done short of mass subordination by the military.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

We've betrayed "the kurds" before, to Saddam.

i mean you mean before gulf war 1 or after. i mean we taught them their chemical weapons so yeah.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Well it all happened over the course of like 12 hours

I think I kinda also feel like it’s more of a general statement with what’s going on at the border with the concentration camps, racism, shooting, etc. people have died and he is still in office. Whatever excuse anyone wants to give, this is the result.

No one holds Trump accountable and they still follow his orders or defend him or drag their feet on ousting him

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

It feels very much like the DoD and heads of the Military were likely in the dark about this, scrambled to put out a statement that made sense of Trump's idiot rear end proclamation while pretending that there was a no-fly zone in place, and Turkey read the chicken bones enough to land a few sorties before anyone on the ground has a real handle on what the gently caress is actually happening.

It is exhausting to live in a timeline this loving dumb.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

mango sentinel posted:

Literally nothing could have been done short of mass subordination by the military.

Just further proof that the Executive branch has far too much power.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the kurds love bush for overthrowing saddam.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
We’re probably several hours away from a huge international incident as Trump caves to pressure and attempts to put the genie back in the bottle despite Turkey already beginning to make their move.

I feel like it’s not technically too late until Turkey moves ground forces in.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

eviltastic posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewBHanna/status/1181278677171990529

Lotta very tense phone calls going on right now behind closed doors.

This is still up

https://twitter.com/chiefpentspox/status/1181275466537357313?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
So the military, the intelligence community, and the diplomatic community all loving hate Trump now, why hasn't he been dumped? What's keeping him in the Oval besides the GOP dumbass in the senate, who can't even defend these latest two dumbasseries?