Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh no, i guess ill have to be like papyrus and say i want to be cool over and over, until someone cooler than me pays attention to me.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Actual it goes more like:

Everyone else in the entire world
Turtlicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Turtlicious posted:

his clothes are literally made from garbage from the dump.

Classist.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

oh no, i guess ill have to be like papyrus and say i want to be cool over and over, until someone cooler than me pays attention to me.

alternatively you could continue posting and reposting the same deliberately unpopular opinion until people finally, begrudgingly decide to allow you to briefly become the centre of attention of an internet forum thread for two to four pages

that could work

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Cool Papyrus fact: Neko means cat in japan

I remember him from Monster Hunter Tri

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Genuinely, Turtlicious, I can't tell if you're trolling at this point because you seem big mad, which is... An interesting tactic if your aim is to get other people riled up. If you're sincere tho have you considered getting less angry that people like a different character from the video game for children

You know who's a good character is Grillby. The strong silent type, and a good cook to boot.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cock hero flux posted:

alternatively you could continue posting and reposting the same deliberately unpopular opinion until people finally, begrudgingly decide to allow you to briefly become the centre of attention of an internet forum thread for two to four pages

that could work

lmao, yes it can't be i dislike papyrus it must be a ploy for your attention. im just poo poo posting until my bus gets home.

MaxieSatan posted:

Genuinely, Turtlicious, I can't tell if you're trolling at this point because you seem big mad, which is... An interesting tactic if your aim is to get other people riled up. If you're sincere tho have you considered getting less angry that people like a different character from the video game for children

You know who's a good character is Grillby. The strong silent type, and a good cook to boot.

we just had a multi page debate about how alphys is a war criminal, i thought it'd be ok to say i don't like papyrus. i didn't realize he was thread darling, and above reproach lmao.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
the issue is less "papyrus is above reproach" and more "you're being a raging dick about it to compensate for a lack of character analysis of any kind, and nobody else finds it particularly charming." that is why people are mocking you

say what you will about alphys discourse but people dislike her for reasons a bit more interesting than "she sucks" and "weeb"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Also, it is canon that all his clothes are the latest overpriced MTT designs. His date outfit cost more than Asgore's golden armour

That means the boy's got MONEY, HONEY

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Jerry.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

MaxieSatan posted:

Genuinely, Turtlicious, I can't tell if you're trolling at this point
Really?
Watching people feed this for two pages has been really disappointing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Scarodactyl posted:

Really?
Watching people feed this for two pages has been really disappointing.

honestly it'd be better if we could all think that but unfortunately my previous turtlicious experiences have made it extremely clear to me that it's entirely genuine

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Turtlicious has been doing the same lowball easy-bait troll poo poo since I started here and it's frankly surprising that it manages to work on people every time so I guess I can't fault him for it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ryaomon posted:

Turtlicious has been doing the same lowball easy-bait troll poo poo since I started here and it's frankly surprising that it manages to work on people every time so I guess I can't fault him for it.

Ok that can't be true because you regged 5 years before me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ryaomon posted:

People on SA love to fall down rabbit holes lined with easy, obvious bait. It’s been a tradition since 1999.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this is still better than thenamedsaviors multiple alphys-based meltdowns

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
could i have zero character-based meltdowns instead

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flatluigi posted:

no.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flatluigi posted:

no.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
*The thread ditches Turtlicios when they look away.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
It's fine to love any character in the videogame Undertale, even the ones where you have to look past their actions and baggage.

It's also fine to hate any character in the videogame Undertale, even for dumb reasons like how goofy they look and act.

Except Jerry. gently caress Jerry.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Susie's the best.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
remember, papyrus weaponized spaghetti. who else beyond the Fighting Foodons has mastered such a rare technique?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

I like Sans and Papyrus because I like skeletons :yohoho:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RandomFerret posted:

That means the boy's got MONEY, HONEY
His brother works multiple jobs to support him. :kiddo:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Turtlicious posted:

You could cut all of Papyrus parts from the game, and give his screen time to Sans, and the game would be infinitely better.

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/806390745330499586?s=20

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/SweetBeans99/status/1181233310472626176?s=20

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
all this talk about papyrus and how you can beat him in one hit but no talk about how proud of you he is if you don't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQL9lEpG1g4

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That just means Papyrus doesn't care that you murdered all his friends as long as you're nice to him personally.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Turtlicious posted:

That just means Papyrus doesn't care that you murdered all his friends as long as you're nice to him personally.

It's more that Papyrus doesn't realize you murdered a bunch of people - he just thinks you're being weird and a jerk about puzzles.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
by the time you actually engage him in combat he has a pretty good idea what's wrong with you, he just grits his teeth and hopes for the best anyway

papyrus is a quintessential doofus but he's more on the ball than most of his friends give him credit for

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
DR Undyne tells a child to get someone to commit a crime so she can commit police brutality on the perpetrator, then ignores that child's report of Things Amiss at the school because there isn't a law on the books for it and presumably therefore can't brutalize someone over it

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
does anyone remember that callout post on tumblr that came out like the day after undertale came out calling the game racist/problematic and it was like a mix of reading way too much into joke sequences and completely false information. just thought of that for some reason

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

somepartsareme posted:

does anyone remember that callout post on tumblr that came out like the day after undertale came out calling the game racist/problematic and it was like a mix of reading way too much into joke sequences and completely false information. just thought of that for some reason

No, but kick it here and pass me the popcorn.

risky business
Oct 9, 2012

Barns?
I do wish a little that Toby would change Frisk and Kris' skintone, but that's like the only Problem thing I've noticed.

(Or change Chara to be bright green.)

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

The Bee posted:

No, but kick it here and pass me the popcorn.

quote:

Undertale is literally so lovely but you all just brush it away saying “everybody just dislikes anything popular” like loving no. People dislike poo poo that steals from other games, is racist, pedophilic, and lesbophobic. The game literally takes maps and monsters from off and redesigns them and makes them look absolutely terrible. Not to mention the battle system that is stolen from earthbound but made incredibly boring so the creators coudlnt be yelled at for stealing. The game is racist as hell with lovely skeleton jokes and having a native totem that speaks broken english. Its also pedophilic due to the main being a young girl that can be in love with much much older characters. Also the lesbian couple that everybody loves is literally so lovely but you all will take any kind of representation even if its terrible. The girls in the couple are mysogynistic stereotypes with how they “talk dumb” (ie. saying like a lot) and making them a couple as a joke is not loving representation. And the humor is just lovely skeleton jokes and annoying dialouge. You all hate skeleton war jokes and yet love a game that makes so many its almost suffocating. In short the game is basically everything that tumblr loves. Racism, lesbophobia, pedophilia, and loving annoying humor

There are also item descriptions with random japanese words slipped in and a cactus being referred to with “tsundere” and poo poo, which is very weeaboo. There is a gay sassy robot character which is a homophobic stereotype saying that all gay guys are sassy. The robot is also a drag queen, which is very transmisogynistic. The genocide ending is disgusting, as you make the young girl character into a serial killer. A chracter in the game is based on a homestuck character, and that character is a black stereotype

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's amazing how wrong that is in every way.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ah.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
famously lesbophobic game undertale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

how are skeleton jokes racist? they say it in such a matter of fact way that I feel like I've missed something.