Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I actually got bored of the Angel's bullshit for a while myself, and went up to that same rooftop to snipe her from there, but then got extra bored of her taking FOREVER to actually show herself in the marketplace.

...so I went back to plan A.2, climbed up onto the roof from the school side with an emetic grenade and mine, and bomb-gassed both the soldiers on the roof that were talking with her (one device for each, given the tiny AOEs), leaving her standing there in confusion as they limped off down the stairs, whereupon I overpowered her and hurled her off the edge of the rooftop. Seemed fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

Wow the bank is a cool map and seemed really tough at first but SASO is actually super easy. Also getting the job applicant disguise and passing the interview is super OP

start at the main entrance with a silenced pistol, lockpick and electronic lock bypass thingy. Turn left and pick the door next to the security guy. Shoot out the camera above the vault stairs then nab the briefcase from behind the two guards. Bypass the card reader and go down. Pick the cabinet behind the security room for sedatives and poison the ventilation system with it to knock them all out. Hide two bodies in the security room and two in the garage (the guards there are facing away). Wipe all the footage and pick the vault keycard safe, then crack it and hide the datacore in the briefcase. Go along into the deposit box section and grab the incriminating report. Run back up the way you came, dump the briefcase in the corridor and ditch your gun in one of the bins. Give the file to the reporter. Run along to the second floor waiting room (next to the toilet the applicant is sick in) and go up the stairs to the small side room on the balcony with a cupboard. Wait here till the stocks crash. The target will come into the room alone to make a call. Knock her out and toss her over the railing to make it look like suicide. Hide in the cupboard till the coast is clear, back out the way you came. Retrieve gun and datacore on the way out.

same but use a sniper instead of pushing her. sniper sa/so in one run

also: contract

PC

1-07-5321181-95

try not to bump into the crowd.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Wolfsheim posted:

I also didn't notice this until like a week ago but if you half-press the trigger (on PS4, not sure the equivalent on PC) time dramatically slows so you can easily line up shots even on moving targets.

Hold Shift on PC for this, in case anyone hasn't found it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The new Escalation has a very obvious gimmick in hindsight, but it took me quite a few runs to realize what it was. Here's a hint: You don't need to bring anything but a pistol.

And here's a Zero Mastery SA/SO walkthrough of The Last Resort on Master difficulty. The timing for these kills was a lot better than I expected, and you can even take Tyson Williams out with a golden opportunity right about the time you get to his villa. There is some reset risk with Vetrova, as it's possible to just miss her and need to start again, but it takes less than 20 seconds to get the kill and it's right at the start so I don't consider that much of a problem.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Nakar posted:

The new Escalation has a very obvious gimmick in hindsight, but it took me quite a few runs to realize what it was. Here's a hint: You don't need to bring anything but a pistol.

What do you mean?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Elendil004 posted:

What do you mean?
There is a very particular property that many of the walls in Miami have.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
What's the total score required to max out a rifle in Sniper mode?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Ridiculous.

Don't do it. Don't do that to yourself, man.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I actually got bored of the Angel's bullshit for a while myself, and went up to that same rooftop to snipe her from there, but then got extra bored of her taking FOREVER to actually show herself in the marketplace.

...so I went back to plan A.2, climbed up onto the roof from the school side with an emetic grenade and mine, and bomb-gassed both the soldiers on the roof that were talking with her (one device for each, given the tiny AOEs), leaving her standing there in confusion as they limped off down the stairs, whereupon I overpowered her and hurled her off the edge of the rooftop. Seemed fitting.
I hosed up the ET the first time around, so I really wanted to do it right this time, but I just couldn't get the soldiers on the roof to behave. Decided to do the new Haven mission instead, unaware of the existence of the fart bomb. Turned out that was exactly what I needed to get rid of those soldiers, with a perfect throw landing the mine in a spot that took out both soldiers without hitting the Angel. 10/10, will use the fart bomb again.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I think the sniper maps are very boring after ~2-3 tries and I would rather have a single proper new level than 5 more of those, fight me

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Discendo Vox posted:

What's the total score required to max out a rifle in Sniper mode?
You get about 1.2 million for a SA run and IIRC the last few levels were taking roughly 10million to unlock.

I think level 15 was about 6 million? Funny thing is that I didn't bother with any of the other maps but I'm a sucker for unlocking something in single player.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ThomasPaine posted:

I think the sniper maps are very boring after ~2-3 tries and I would rather have a single proper new level than 5 more of those, fight me

No one will because you're correct. I like the sniper maps but they're a diversion at best, especially compared to what I could be doing in another new map.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ThomasPaine posted:

If in your mind five of them = one full level then whatever, we only get 3 anyway.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
When S1 was out I sniped the Angel in public and then legged it. This time: started as soldier with coins, lethal syringe and a tranq gun. Walked to the pipe, coined away one of the guards, tranqed the other, subdued the coined one, climbed the pipe to the roof. Coined the officer over while I climbed back up the ledge. Dropped back down to subdue the officer, took his clothes, coined the other guard downstairs, injected the Angel while he was gone and stuffed her in the box. Back down the pipe and walked to the exit. Felt better than the :effort: S1 attempt I guess.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

I also didn't notice this until like a week ago but if you half-press the trigger (on PS4, not sure the equivalent on PC) time dramatically slows so you can easily line up shots even on moving targets.

On the PC, it's the Shift key.

But time-slowdown is only available on Snipers with the Stopwatch icon.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Snuffman posted:

On the PC, it's the Shift key.

But time-slowdown is only available on Snipers with the Stopwatch icon.

Does the game actually tell you anywhere what the various icons actually mean? Some of them are obvious but others are much less so!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

well THAT'S going to make some escalations and such easier

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

ThomasPaine posted:

Does the game actually tell you anywhere what the various icons actually mean? Some of them are obvious but others are much less so!
When you're selecting an item in the loadout screen, press F to pay respects get detailed info :v:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

When you're selecting an item in the loadout screen, press F to pay respects get detailed info :v:

Ah! What's the button on ps4?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

ThomasPaine posted:

Ah! What's the button on ps4?

I think it's triangle, it will say at the bottom of the screen.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I think it's triangle, it will say at the bottom of the screen.

Cheers!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Screwed up the Angel of Death ET.

I had completely forgotten ET's were a thing (been avoiding the thread for fear of new map spoilers until I get the chance to play it) and opened it up this morning to see I had less than 5 minutes remaining before it would vanish. I didn't want to risk experimenting so I loaded it up and quickly skimmed Mr.Freeze's SA method just to get it done. Got to her on the rooftop with the syringe in hand but was apparently just slow enough that her guards got there first. Probably could have just silently headshotted everyone but stupidly thought since I was already in I could restart the mission and go for that easy SA. Picked restart, got a "Hitman servers are unable to find that contract" popup and was forced back to the main menu. Gone. :doh:

Felt worse than if I had just failed the mission. I already have the Marrakesh outfit so it's not really a big deal, but it was a dumb way to interrupt my ET streak.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Hobo Clown posted:

Screwed up the Angel of Death ET.

I had completely forgotten ET's were a thing (been avoiding the thread for fear of new map spoilers until I get the chance to play it) and opened it up this morning to see I had less than 5 minutes remaining before it would vanish. I didn't want to risk experimenting so I loaded it up and quickly skimmed Mr.Freeze's SA method just to get it done. Got to her on the rooftop with the syringe in hand but was apparently just slow enough that her guards got there first. Probably could have just silently headshotted everyone but stupidly thought since I was already in I could restart the mission and go for that easy SA. Picked restart, got a "Hitman servers are unable to find that contract" popup and was forced back to the main menu. Gone. :doh:

Felt worse than if I had just failed the mission. I already have the Marrakesh outfit so it's not really a big deal, but it was a dumb way to interrupt my ET streak.

They'll probably reactivate them at some point like they did with Hitman2016.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
LMAO I beat the Angel of Death by waiting like 30 minutes and shooting the cafe sign but forgot that soldiers aren't allowed to carry sniper rifles anymore and got pinched for it. Dang it!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Hobo Clown posted:

I had completely forgotten ET's were a thing (been avoiding the thread for fear of new map spoilers until I get the chance to play it) and opened it up this morning to see I had less than 5 minutes remaining before it would vanish.

Turns out I screwed up the Angel of Death ET too.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I shot her in the face from the street, got busted and shot at, but managed to blend in with the crowd, killed a soldier for a change of clothes and escaped.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I posted up in the alley outside the kitchen door of the club and then opened up on the entire crew with an assault rifle. had to spend a while in a box until people left me alone but i did eventually make it out. Now that I've gotten all the SAs for that one suit I'm just gonna go loud and dumb because its fun.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
People are getting overly whiny about the sniper maps when in fact there are only 3 of them.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its time and resources that went to three sniper maps that 99 percent of players dont care about. Time and resources that couldve gone to making the special assignments more involved than a player made escalation with a tint shift

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

99 percent, huh?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TheNamedSavior posted:

People are getting overly whiny about the sniper maps when in fact there are only 3 of them.

40$ expansion pass that contains only two new maps.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

99 percent, huh?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

StrixNebulosa posted:

40$ expansion pass that contains only two new maps.

Yes, and everyone knew that from the beginning. Look at the date of my post below. December of last year.

You get two new maps + 2 sniper assassin maps, eventually. The maps are a decent bet to be "very good" as they are churning out great stuff now. It's honestly a bad value but I'm a Hitman stan and I want to support independent IO

They were 100% transparent about what you would be getting and for some reason some people are still whining about it almost a year later. It was always going to be a bad value.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmfao its literally 99 percent

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its also obvious they did that to say “oh we have ___ new locations”
I have no problem giving them money and enjoy the game including the sniper maps btw

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Now do the stats for who finished Miami.

(it's 20%)

Be real careful about assuming anything from those stats. Hitman 2 is a well-known idlers game.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 9, 2019

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
IO if you read these dead gay forums Please make a season 3.

And make it episodic again so that it stretches the content out like the monthly roadmaps.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Not trying to argue that the 40$ expansion pass is IO lying to us or anything, just confirming that it's bad value and using that as a counter to "people getting whiny about sniper maps". Of course we're whiny, we bought Hitman 2 to hit mans with bricks and stuff, not play this weird grindy minigame.

And I say this as someone who likes the minigame. It's just frustrating because IO poured resources into it when the Bank could have been even more intricate or maybe we could've had another map.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Now do the stats for who finished Miami.

(it's 20%)

Be real careful about assuming anything from those stats. Hitman 2 is a well-known idlers game.

Yeah, all of Hitman's stats are screwed up because the base game is technically free to play and you can earn Steam cards by playing it. Hence the spike to 350k concurrent players in November of last year while the game averages about 2k on any given day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I pre-ordered the gold edition, and will happily pre-order hitman 3 blood of the innocent edition as well. But I am disappointed that Sniper maps are called "locations". In a perfect world they would be mobile apps that I'd happily pay a couple bucks for an hour of entertainment from. I'd trade them all in for a more polished New York though. I don't feel duped, cheated or anything by them. They are an interesting idea that feels out of place the way they are implemented.